Interest Check: Neverland 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 5, 2021 11:39 pm
I'm running a really fun D&D 5e game based in Neverland, and wondering if anybody else would be interested in something similar. I'm considering riffing on an earlier thread with the idea of multiple solo games, that occasionally interact, etc.

The setting is based around the excellent Neverland 3rd party book, which explores what island is like years after the fairy tales. It's darker, but certainly not a horror setting or anything like that. You'll be crawling around hexes on the island, sandbox style. There are lots of inhabitants on the island to interact with, and lots of surprises.

Characters would start at level 3, and I'm open to just about any official material for character creation. Posting would be about 5x/week.
Last edited January 5, 2021 11:44 pm
Jan 5, 2021 11:41 pm
Nerverland as in Peter Pan? I would be interested in that.
Jan 5, 2021 11:44 pm
Yep, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, etc. Things have changed over the years though.
Jan 5, 2021 11:59 pm
Yes, yes, but I imagine it's still not as scary as Michael Jackson's Neverland though. ^^
Jan 6, 2021 12:01 am
Certainly not, it's more like a good blend of Zendaya's and Metallica's Neverlands.
Jan 6, 2021 12:11 am
OH man i'm so interested! :D
Jan 6, 2021 12:15 am
Thanks Cave, just please don't mention my special relationship with nat 20's.
Jan 6, 2021 12:22 am
I’d be interested in giving it a try!
Jan 6, 2021 12:33 am
;) you got it!

but in all fairness i'm so down to get more hand in on this :D lols you can put me at the bottom of your list as a place filler if needed
Jan 6, 2021 12:36 am
Hey man, I'm glad you're liking it! I'll certainly keep your name on the list!
Jan 6, 2021 1:27 pm
Could you tell a bit more about the premise of the game? Would we be natives or visitors to Neverland? Adults or children? Humans only, or are there special races/(sub)classes in this setting?
Jan 6, 2021 4:39 pm
PCs will be visitors/castaways to Neverland. All PCs will be adults, any race is fine. The strangeness of this land lends itself really nicely to unusual characters. While there will be something of a survival element to it, the main premise is exploration, discovery and social interaction. You'll have full gear to start. There are various factions on the island who you will be able to befriend, fight, betray, help, whatever.

If you had to choose between an optimized-for-combat PC and one with an interesting backstory/flaws/motivations/quirks, the "interesting" character would be more fun in this setting. That said, martial characters have a place here and a creative player will be able to make any character work.

I should probably note that while the fairy tale version of Neverland features many children (lost boys, Darlings, Peter Pan, etc.) there won't be any violent interactions involving children in my game. Generally speaking, my games would be considered family-friendly with regards to content.
Last edited January 6, 2021 4:42 pm
Jan 8, 2021 7:52 pm
I'm highly interested if there's still room!
Jan 8, 2021 9:28 pm
Ok, so I'm going to move forward with this.

To those who responded (or who didn't respond but are interested): Would you prefer a solo or group adventure?
Jan 8, 2021 10:56 pm
I'm for group games. :)
Jan 9, 2021 10:39 pm
I'm interested--I'd prefer either group or solo where the group occasionally interacts with each other's games.
Jan 10, 2021 9:48 am
I would be interested if you have room for a newbie
Jan 10, 2021 8:06 pm
Solo or group is fine with me!
Jan 10, 2021 8:55 pm
Ok, I think we’ve got the demand for a group! I’ll put it together and send out invites today or tomorrow. Feel free to run character ideas by me. If anybody would prefer. I would be happy to put one or two solos together for anybody who would prefer that.
Last edited January 11, 2021 1:12 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.