Chapter 6 - Mission Impossible

load previous
Jan 17, 2021 2:51 pm
I am no hero, but I will do my best to keep our men in one piece
Jan 17, 2021 4:20 pm
Michael, you know I am up for any challenge. Have you gotten word of another alien stronghold?Or perhaps where Mathis and the others have been taken?
OOC:
Plus, this world is where I keep all my stuff!
Jan 17, 2021 5:27 pm
"I've saved plenty of people's assets let say, but i have never saved them all at once. Does this mean everyone will owe me a favor? Larry nods and gives a wink.
Jan 20, 2021 8:59 am
"Sorry, we should start at the beginning. Dr Matherson?"
Jan 20, 2021 9:06 am
"The FOC team sent into the mi-go base beneath Broken Hill was able to salvage some of their technology before the complex was rent apart and buried by the earthquake. I’m pleased to say that we now possess hundreds of cylinders, each of which, hard though it is to say, contains a living human brain."

"We also have the apparatus needed to interact with these brains. We’ve been working around the clock to interrogate the brains, discovering that all were, at some point, abducted by the mi-go over the course of many years. One brain, called "Subject X," claims to be a 17th century British Astronomer. Unlike the others, Subject X seemed very eager to speak to us and had a very disturbing tale to tell."

"Subject X claimed to have knowledge of a threat to the entire world, saying the mi-go came from a different dimension rather than from outer space. He warned that the aliens have been using the Moon for years to store a rare ore taken from the Earth, and that they plan to create some kind of portal, a "gate" as he called it, which will fuse our existence with theirs and integrate their reality with our own. Apparently, our dimension is unpalatable to the aliens and this merging of dimensions not only makes the Earth a friendlier place for them, it will also completely eradicate the Human Race!"

"This gate is being constructed on the far side of the Moon, in an ancient city no one ever dreamed existed. We know this all to be true because we’ve already been there. One of the last items we brought out of the aliens’ complex was a smaller, yet working, gate. We need you to go through it and stop the mi-go plan."

"Now if you'd be kind enough to come with me to laboratory?"
Jan 20, 2021 11:08 am
Fascinating... utterly fascinating... Charles murmurs as he gets up to follow.
Jan 20, 2021 9:11 pm
Larry stares at her a moment, waiting for her to laugh, "The moon, we've never been there. You have to admit, that is a far off tale. Oh, you believe you are being honest."
Jan 21, 2021 1:17 am
Larry, you are a man of odds, yes? Well what odds would you place on an extradimensional alien race invading our plane, harvesting human brains and working to transform our very existence into nothingness? Charles pushes his glasses up on his face. Compare those odds with that of us traveling to the moon and I think the answer becomes apparent. Charles puts his hand on Larry's shoulder Together we will make further strides than almost 200,000 years of human existence. Exciting?! Charles cracks a smile from ear to ear.
Jan 22, 2021 12:37 am
Absolutely fascinating!! He pulls out a notebook and begins scribbling notes
OOC:
Sorry crazy week for me.
Jan 23, 2021 12:19 pm
Following Matherson’s statement, you are taken downstairs to the laboratory, accompanied by Matherson and two guards—Abelard and the others remain in the boardroom.

The laboratory has undergone some changes since you were last here. For one, it smells a lot cleaner, with all evidence of 'The Incident with the fish folk' removed.

There are a lot of wooden crates, a few with their lids removed revealing rows of brain cylinders stacked within. The cells contain more cylinders, neatly stacked on newly installed steel shelving units, as well as a scientist seated at a table. Each table holds a brain cylinder, attached to arcane looking machines: a tall rig with twin lenses mounted on its front, a box covered in vacuum tubes
and a sounding board, and a small box with a silver disk on its top—these being the communication devices. The scientists are equipped with headphones and microphones, jury-rigged to the boxes, and sit taking notes while apparently interviewing the brains inside the cylinders. At the far side of the room stands the purpose of this visit: the Moon Gate.

Two FOC men guard the Gate, each armed with dropholstered pistols and submachine guns. The Gate is a five-feet in diameter and sits beneath a one-foot deep arch, forged from strange metal not of this Earth. The metal is covered in strange script and within the frame several stones are embedded, each of which glows brightly.

The arch stands between the investigators and what appears to be a tunnel formed from a chalky white substance.
OOC:
(Geology check from anyone with an interest in that kind of thing)
Ominously, you note there are sticks of dynamite wired around the Gate connected to a detonator.
Jan 23, 2021 7:35 pm
OOC:
bio pharmacy and forensics no geo
Jan 23, 2021 7:56 pm
"Hopefully this isn't a one way trip!" Larry says, eyeing the dynamite.
Jan 24, 2021 12:46 am
OOC:
Physics or Engineering?
Charles wanders over to one of the tables muttering to himself Yes, yes. West was right, the only thing needed to sustain life is the right chemical formulae. Oh if he were here, I’m sure he would be able to explain this. He begins examining the cylinder, apparatus and anything else on the tables before moving to the gate.
Jan 24, 2021 12:19 pm
Dr. Mallard is also fascinated by the living brains and will examine them, notebook in hand
Jan 24, 2021 1:54 pm
OOC:
Let's have a physics roll. Charles
Jan 24, 2021 3:36 pm
OOC:
Incoming!

Rolls

Science (Physics) (60) - (1d100)

(44) = 44

Jan 25, 2021 2:42 am
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Edmund_Balworth
Jan 26, 2021 12:12 am
"What gives them nutrients?" Larry stares at the brains, a little horrified.
Jan 26, 2021 2:33 am
Charles runs his hand along the arch and gives a slight laugh. It’s... It’s amazing. As if perspective changes the destination Charles stares with wonderment and a huge smile.
Jan 26, 2021 9:02 am
Addressing Larry, "They don't need nutrients as such, but the electrodes in combination with the liquid inside keeps them functioning. We're still trying to understand it, this is all Mi-Go technology."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.