Chapter 6 - Mission Impossible

load previous
Feb 22, 2021 1:16 pm
"Simpler to write and erase on a single piece of board. Making maps would need multiple pieces of paper and patience we don't have when up there."
Feb 22, 2021 1:19 pm
"Perhaps when you're up there, in a strange land with the Enemy all around, shitting in your pants, you'd like to give it a try."
Feb 22, 2021 2:40 pm
I've been to war mate. Stitching up men in the trenches as bombs exploded around me. I think I can handle notes and maps
Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm
"Okay guys, I need to let you in on a secret of mine, I am a horrible speller." Larry says with a look of slyness.
Feb 22, 2021 10:00 pm
OOC:
It sounds like a movie tag line... On the moon, no one can hear you scream... :)
Charles starts rapidly jotting notes Perhaps we could bring small diving tanks to allow us to have brief conversations if needed? I shudder to think about trying to have a technical discussion with chalkboards. No offense sir Charles nods at Lang
Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm
I would agree. This seems incredibly flawed
Feb 23, 2021 9:22 am
"We need to move quickly and anything that slows us down can be fatal. There will be no need for technical discussion."
Feb 23, 2021 9:24 am
"Or time. Mr Abelard, are you sure these are the people for the job?" The younger man seems annoyed by your line of questioning.
Feb 24, 2021 3:40 pm
"I don't need technical, I need to know what we need to blow up, beyond that I am good. So chalkboard with an arrow works good!"
Feb 24, 2021 4:25 pm

Technical would be helpful for the future
Feb 25, 2021 12:26 am
"The only technical thing I need to know is, will my gun work there and will explosives go bang?"
Feb 25, 2021 12:39 am
Mr. Riley, Mr. Lang. I apologize, I just worry that we might have need to have more in depth communication. I will not compromise the mission. Charles folds his hands on the table and listens attentively.
Feb 28, 2021 4:43 am
There’s a knock at the door and Abelard’s secretary opens the door, "Mr Abelard? You wanted to know when Mr Brown arrived?"
Feb 28, 2021 4:45 am
"Splendid , show him in would you "
Feb 28, 2021 2:47 pm
Dr. Mallard is bothered by the complete lack of interest in information collection on the enemy and their technology, but stays quiet. He'll take as many notes as possible. Perhaps some newspaper will pay for the first installment f his epic serial based on the expedition.
Feb 28, 2021 3:14 pm
Mr. Brown walks in the room. He glances at each of the men before smiling and nodding at Mr. Abelard. "Good evening, gentlemen. I'm sorry if I'm late." Ernest approaches a chair but doesn't sit yet, carefully placing a portmanteau on the floor. "So, where do stand?"
Last edited February 28, 2021 3:16 pm
Feb 28, 2021 3:50 pm
"Take a seat, Mr. Brown. Some of you may know Brown, his skills in Archaeology have aided us here on Earth and has expressed an interest in joining the mission as an observer, perhaps to identify anything in the city itself that will present clues of the previous civilsation."

Knifesedgegames sent a note to Armitage
Feb 28, 2021 9:01 pm
Ernest takes a sit and looks around. As much as it seems that he is taking his time to look at each of the other investigators, he is actually looking for a drink, especially a cup of coffee.

"It is a pleasure to join you all in this job. This opportunity is, to say the least, amazing, incredible. I really hope that I can be of help."
Mar 3, 2021 5:10 pm
Muldoon is sitting in the back of the room, again not really paying attention. These damn scientists, always getting in the way of a nice, clean, simple explosion, he thinks to himself, grumbling as Mallard and Wilson pepper the meeting with interminable questions, like a teacher's pet after the dismissal bell has rung. "Frankly gentlemen," he finally interrupts, loudly, "if you're so concerned about safety - the safety of going to the damn MOON, I might add - perhaps it's better for you to stay behind and perform your equations while the rest of us take care of the problem."

As Brown sits, Muldoon gives him a nod. The man seems a bit polite, but he at least looks like he's seen the sun in the past 6 months.
Last edited March 3, 2021 10:17 pm
Mar 7, 2021 9:42 pm
Brown nods back to Muldoon after listening to his words. He keeps silent for a few moments, thinking about Muldoon's statement. He isn't all wrong, he thinks to himself. Ernest takes a cigarrete of an inside pocket and turns to the other gentlemen. "Do you mind if I smoke here?"

He lights up the cigarrete just after asking, not actually waiting for an answer. They won't mind anyway. He takes a puff at his cigarrete and proceeds. "Well, gentlemen. I don't know on which feet are we on, but judging by Mister Muldoon's words, I'd say that you were discussing safety measures. Although I do not agree entirely with Mr. Muldoon, I must say that he's right on saying that we won't have all the safety that we need. We must be realistic. What do we have for now?"

Brown looks specially to Mr. Abelard after his question, since he's the one who's going to finance the mission.
Last edited March 7, 2021 9:43 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.