Out-of-Character ChitChat

Jan 11, 2021 9:35 pm
Just what it says on the tin.
Jan 11, 2021 9:52 pm
I'll have to read more in the rules tonight after I pick up the quickstart rules, but I always thought running a table of 10-20 characters must make a DM's hair fall out. Have you ever run this game live before?
Jan 11, 2021 11:20 pm
Yep, sure have. For 8 people.
Jan 12, 2021 1:26 am
I ran a large group in face to face D&D years ago (like 38). I had as many as 30 people in the group. They wouldn't all show up every week but it got so hectic that I had to recruit one of them to DM a different game and take half the people of my hands. Even then when everyone did show up Running 15 people at a time was very trying. I fixed that by recruiting two other members who wanted to run games and we alternated weeks. It made it a lot easier running than many people with two weeks to prepare. Especially since I had two small children and a working wife to satisfy as well. Those two small children are now 42 and 40 years old respectively.

By the way, how did Dom get the data to fill out his characters so quickly. PM?
Jan 12, 2021 9:06 am
I have the book, I’ll put my 4 together throughout the day as and when I get a chance
Jan 17, 2021 9:30 pm
@funfungiguy great (hilarious) claymation dudes on your avatar! Perfect fit.
Jan 18, 2021 6:12 am
@equinox lmfao! That Uni Gravelhead has some real potential!
Jan 18, 2021 7:49 am
Lol!
Thanks Dom. The scary part is, when I was looking for an image for him and saw the one I'm using now. The caption on it was unbearded Dwaven alcoholic. This is personally significant, as the image is dead on for a guy I played ftf with many years ago, who favored playing Dwarfs and could never refuse a drink.
Jan 18, 2021 3:39 pm
Bwahahaha!! Well any dwarf without a proper beard WOULD have to be pretty drunk to get along.
Jan 18, 2021 4:35 pm
dominion451 says:
@funfungiguy great (hilarious) claymation dudes on your avatar! Perfect fit.
They're from the heroforge token maker. I just made the tokens and took a screenshot of them afterwards.
Jan 21, 2021 12:03 am
Simple questions I hope. Grizzly, the animal trainer has a strength bonus of +1. He has a Lucky Auspice of Pack Hunter which allows attack and damage rolls for a trained weapon to be +1. Does that mean his attack and damage dice are at +2? +1 for Auspice and +1 for strength? That's the way I read it.
Jan 21, 2021 4:00 am
Your only character with a luck bonus that I can see is your human hunter and his bonus is to will saves :/

It looks like your animal trainer has luck in armor class but no actual bonus due to luck 9
Last edited January 21, 2021 4:01 am
Jan 21, 2021 7:08 am
Dom, I don't think you understood what I was saying. The Luck ability doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Auspice. Whatever you want to call it, the Auspice that I rolled for the animal trainer was Pack Hunter. That supposedly gives the character a +1 to hit and damage with a trained weapon. What I asked is whether or not that can be added to the strength ability.
Jan 21, 2021 6:00 pm
Yes, it does bolster the Strength ability.
Jan 21, 2021 6:02 pm
I do apologise if I'm misunderstanding but on page 1 of the character creation thread it looks like you rolled a 9 for luck and a 23 for your "auspice" which is governed by the bonus from your luck score.

I see where you got mixed up, the luck stat is 9 which on the auspice table is pack hunter but the 9 was for your attribute not the auspice. You rolled a 23 for the auspice which would give a bonus (or penalty) to AC if you had any bonuses or penalties from your luck attribute.

So your animal trainer actually has "charmed house" as their auspice not "pack hunter" but it's moot since they have a 9 in luck.
Last edited January 21, 2021 6:03 pm
Jan 21, 2021 6:04 pm
I see what Dom is saying and he is also correct. The bonus is dependent on your Luck score.
Jan 21, 2021 6:06 pm
Right but also the luck auspice rolled is not the one in question.
Jan 22, 2021 12:39 am
In B/X if a character is searching for something I have them make a Wisdom roll. I see that's not a stat in DCC. What do you roll for searching for stuff?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.