Games you like but no one else plays?

load previous
Jun 11, 2022 12:04 pm
Jomsviking says:
Warrior Rogue and Mage
Was in a brief game of that, I like the default setting and the rules seemed good.
Last edited June 11, 2022 12:05 pm
Jun 11, 2022 1:15 pm
nezzeraj says:
thetaodaddy says:
I've been interested in trying out Spellbound Kingdoms ever since I discovered it, but my old group that tried multiple systems imploded and my new group is full of Critical Role disciples who tell me "you can run that in 5e" every time I mention trying a different system, so...
This system seems way too convoluted for my tastes, but definitely original and not something I'd ever run using 5e lol. Its so frustrating thinking one rules system can simulate every game experience.
The combat system was the one thing that kept me from trying to get my group to play it. The core of the game was far more interesting. Everyone has inspirations that motivate them, from a need for vengeance to love of diamonds, from a fear of aging to true love, and they have a mechanical impact of the game. You can use your inspiration as a boost to an action; your love, fear, madness, etc. drive you on to greater deeds. You can attack their mood just like you can attack their body, and once mood is at 0, you can do damage to their inspirations. If you eliminate all of their inspirations, they lose the will to go on, effectively ending an enemy through purely social combat.

That was the interesting part to me, and I really wanted to try out that mechanic.
Jun 11, 2022 1:26 pm
That sounds pretty cool actually lol
Jun 11, 2022 1:29 pm
yeah but that combat system... :(
Jun 11, 2022 3:57 pm
huttyman says:
The_Vagrant says:
I've thoroughly enjoyed Kamigakari for the nine session I ran it to my friends, but after that we switched systems and I never touched it again. Never saw anyone talking about it either, which is a shame, such a great system.
Haha I enjoy that too. As for anime fan but combat take too long for me (I'm more like rule lite type of people)
And ho, Kamigakari is a Deal of the Day on DTRPG today. Down from $25 to $5

You do not have permission to post in this thread.