Diplomacy

Apr 24, 2016 2:34 pm
Anyone know of a way to run a PbP diplomacy game wo having a GM to submit secret orders?
Perhaps something folks can secretly chat w each other and submit orders that are programmed to reveal them at the same time on a set time/day?
Apr 24, 2016 8:44 pm
Heh, one of GPs early versions actually had a Diplomacy system built in. Not this version, but meh :p

There are actually a bunch of services out there to play Diplomacy via PbP or similar mechanisms. I'll have to google it though, as I haven't looked it up in years.

I always have mixed feelings about Diplomacy; it's the friendship-killer :D
Apr 25, 2016 3:46 am
It takes the right kind of player to have a tough skin and realize it's just a game. Typically the ones that are sore losers in Diplomacy are also not graceful in most multiplayer strategy competitive games when any alliance can be formed. But the way orders are revealed and the dependency on help from others turns it up to 11.

Old I would be interested in finding a good FREE PbP diplomacy platform.
Last edited April 25, 2016 3:48 am
Apr 25, 2016 4:11 am
I'll take a look around again; failing that, I could always add development of such a system to my already infinitely long development list :p
Jul 4, 2016 7:37 pm
Webdiplomacy.net is pretty good. I played it for a while and did really well, until I realised how obsessed I was getting, so stopped registering for games.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.