Hello Gamers Plane

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 5, 2021 9:22 pm
I have a decent amount of experience with TTRPGs, having played mostly D&D 5e for 2-3 years (and having recently begun to look into other systems like Pathfinder 2e and Starfinder). I can play and DM/GM, and I've attempted to homebrew content before (just for myself and friends, never publicly i.e. posting to D&D Beyond). I decided to get into Play by Post style gaming after having discovered it the week I'm writing this. Gamers Plane is one of the PbP sites I discovered in my vast week-long research, and is probably (so far) one of my favorites aesthetically as well as functionally; I've already read through some of the archived public games to really get a feel for what I signed up for. Having said my piece, I am excited to start my (hopefully long) PbP career with everyone here on Gamers Plane.

p.s.: I've never been one for communicating via online forums before, but there's a first time for everything, so excuse me if I am unfamiliar with or manage to breach commonly-known forum etiquette.
Mar 5, 2021 9:24 pm
Welcome, DragonDweller!

What public games did you browse? I'm curious.

If you want to see how GP functions, check out the New GP Member Guide.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You might also want to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

Happy gaming!
Mar 5, 2021 9:30 pm
Welcome to GP!
Mar 5, 2021 9:36 pm
Hello and welcome!
Mar 5, 2021 9:41 pm
From what I can gather, there have been issues with the displaying of public games on this site (my facts may be wrong on this), but I found a helpful index of past games. From here, I was able to read from gameplay of some 5e modules (Out of the Abyss and Hoard of the Dragon Queen iirc). These games were dated all the way back to 2015 but continued to this day, so I considered them a good representative of gameplay on the site.
Mar 5, 2021 9:45 pm
Yes, that thread is the only way to find public games currently unfortunately.

Games running for over five years straight is obviously the ideal rather than the norm but that should have definitely given you some good insight into the culture of the site! And I'm sure you'll soon find some games of your own to make your mark

Len

Mar 5, 2021 9:47 pm
Welcome aboard DragonDweller62!
Mar 5, 2021 9:54 pm
You're just in time. A new Savage Worlds game just opened up.
Mar 5, 2021 9:54 pm
Welcome! I'm glad you found the Public game listing. That reminds me I should check it for dead links/closed games.
Mar 5, 2021 10:14 pm
Welcome aboard.
Mar 5, 2021 11:30 pm
Welcome!
Mar 6, 2021 1:14 pm
Hi, welcome to GP.
Mar 6, 2021 6:31 pm
HelenNovakch says:
When you want to start an exchange a new business and launch your own bitcoin platform, then you definitely have to now not just about the development methods of bitcoin exchange script but you need to know the features of this type of project.
This is just... so subversively appropriate.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.