GM Mentoring Spring Quarter 2021

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 18, 2021 7:30 pm
You know, how you manage the game itself, the forum, players in the game, extra NPCs...
Mar 18, 2021 8:00 pm
NPCs are pretty simple even if you want to give them a pic all you do is create a character like you would for yourself and then submit it to your own game.

As for managing the game well that has to do with style mostly -- but basically you have a Game Forum to which you can add sub-forums and it goes from there. Could probably walk you through the whole process in less than an hour and that is being generous might be able to do it in as little as 15 mins
Mar 18, 2021 8:18 pm
That looks pretty good, Chal
Mar 18, 2021 9:01 pm
Mephistophilis says:
On the subject of Genesys, I was contemplating running a one shot for practice with the system, maybe using the Something Strange setting. Wouldn't be for a month or two as I'm a bit overcommitted at the moment. But I'd be interested in any Genesys help that's going. My main reservation is I'm not familiar with the GM tools on gamersplane which are a bit more complex looking than the basic play by forum I'm used to.
Hi Mephistopheles, so Viking says they're down for a little Genesys mentoring. If you want in on it too, I'll send you an invite once the game is up?

Just let me know.
Mar 18, 2021 9:04 pm
That'd be great emsquared, cheers. Maybe when I'm ready to run a game I can bug DeJoker to show me how the site works.
Mar 18, 2021 9:08 pm
Smiles. It works well.
Mar 23, 2021 5:44 pm
Chalrytharendir says:
Note: this is just an example. Right now the links just point to their post in this thread, but would actually point to a thread or subforum.
What if it just pointed to the people's profiles?
Mar 23, 2021 6:18 pm
The profiles wouldn't really give any information, though. Posts or threads would

You do not have permission to post in this thread.