Manor of Origin

Mar 18, 2021 7:10 am
Figures lay motionless on the cold tiled floor. The foyer is dark, lit only by the dim light of a handful candles spread randomly throughout the room. The furniture is sparse, most of the room is empty space filled only with one dresser, a sad cracked mirror, and a spiral staircase leading to a balcony overhead. Dust fills the air, and covers nearly every surface. No one seems to have been here in a very long time. Until now.

The poor unfortunate souls to end up in this place lay in the center of the foyer, atop the elaborate mural on the floor. A large golden chalice sits in the center of large white orb, black hands out stretched trying to but never quite grasping the chalice. An ominous mural for an ominous hall.

Slowly but surely, the figures begin to stir.
Mar 20, 2021 5:30 pm
I wake up with a jolt, stumbling to stand up as I try to remember what happened and how I got here.
But where is here? Where am I?
I ran a quick check to see if I my few belongings on me; at the dim light, the mural catches my eye first and then I notice some figures laying on the floor.
I approach cautiously and give each one a nudge, checking if they're alive.
Mar 21, 2021 4:24 am
Charlie bolts upright. Where was he? Every unfamiliar thing sends paranoid thoughts coursing through his mind.
"Who are you?" Charlie skitters away from the stranger who'd nudged him awake.
Last edited March 22, 2021 2:33 am
Mar 21, 2021 7:49 am
"The name is ******, *********. And you are? D'you have any idea of how we ended up in here? Or where is here? You know anything of the rest? Help me get everyone up and let's save our questions for later."
Last edited March 21, 2021 7:53 am
Mar 22, 2021 2:41 am
Elena stirs, and slowly picks herself up from the floor. She takes in her immediate surroundings, catching her reflection from the cracked mirror flickering in the candle light. As she looks into the mirror, her eyes dart to the dim reflections of the two unfamiliar figures standing behind her.
She whips around, pulling her pistol out of a hidden pocket, and levels it at the shorter of the two figures.
"I have three questions," she curtly states, "Where am I, who are you, and what do you want with me?"
Mar 22, 2021 3:01 am
Charlie takes a step back, raising his arms in surrender, "Look, miss, I don't know anything, okay? The big guy just woke me up. He has the same questions we do." Charlie's eyes search the room for the nearest exit, which is difficult in the dark. He turns his focus back on the gun-wielding woman, "Alright, so in answer to your questions, here's what I got so far. We're in a creepy building I don't recognize, and what I want is for you to put the gun down. As for who I am, I think the name Charlie will do just fine."
Mar 22, 2021 3:25 am
"All right," she says, "I'm feeling gracious right now, so I will choose to believe you at this moment." Elena lowers her pistol; however, she doesn't put it away.
She looks around the room, still wary of the man called Charlie and the tall unnamed stranger. She takes a step back and her foot bumps against something. Elena looks down and sees her carbine laying on the ground. Realizing she must have missed it in her initial glance around the room, Elena crouches down, pistol still in hand, and slings her carbine over her shoulder.
She stands back up and turns back to Charlie and the stranger. Elena's gaze finally lands on a still figure on the floor.
"Who are they?" she asks.
Last edited March 22, 2021 3:25 am
Mar 22, 2021 4:34 am
"I don't know yet, I'll find out." He cautiously approaches the still figure, "What are the chances she knows how to get out of here?" He asks. Slim, he answers his own question. Very slim. Charlie gently shakes the woman awake.
"Hey, wake up." He prods, "You're alive right? Wake up."
Mar 22, 2021 4:20 pm
As the man shakes her figure, Aira begins to slowly open her eyes. Still half asleep, she takes a deep yawn before settling her eyes on the room around her. "Oh God, this isn't the abbey." She rolls her eyes, "a shame, too, that's the best sleep I've gotten in a decade." She turns her attention to the young man jostling her around. "Unhand me now or I'll make you suffer excruciating pain until the day you die." She twisted her mouth into a beautiful smile with only a gallon of sarcasm.
Mar 22, 2021 4:28 pm
"Worry not lass, we are also unaware of how or why we're here and where is here.
But where are my manners? Let me introduce myself,my name is **** *******-!!!..
Hey! What's happening? Why does my name come out muffled out of my mouth??..."
Last edited March 22, 2021 4:29 pm
Mar 22, 2021 7:24 pm
"Worry not?" Charlie scoffs, offering a hand to help the woman on the floor to her feet. He addresses the taller man, "Everything you've said has been a reason to worry. And what are we supposed to call you if you can't tell us your own name?"
Mar 22, 2021 7:29 pm
"Just call me Inquisitor if you care for formalities, although I've left the force back home. Call me anything really, I don't care at the moment, we have more pressing matters to attend to.
For example,how come you're not affected by whatever this is?"
Last edited March 22, 2021 7:30 pm
Mar 22, 2021 8:31 pm
"Charlie is a nickname." He says, "Inquisitor isn't your real name, Charlie isn't my real name, so they both work."

Reminder for the DM that the lowest I can roll on Deception is a 17.

Rolls

Deception - Nothing to hide... - (1d20+7)

(10) + 7 = 17

Mar 22, 2021 8:52 pm
Aira accepted the help up from the young man. Once standing, she took the opportunity to brush off her skirt before turning her attention to the discussion. "First time being abducted, eh? Charlie, Inquisitor..." she said nodding at each man in turn. "You can refer to me as Savant." She turned towards the other woman, "and what should we call you?"
Mar 22, 2021 9:06 pm
"You can call me Trigger," Elena coolly states. It seemed to be a fitting nickname.
Elena grows tired of what she perceived as idle chit-chat.
"Let's get down to brass tacks," she says, "Does anyone actually know what is going on here?"
Mar 22, 2021 9:22 pm
"I think most of us are as clueless as you are Miss Trigger. Except if anything begins to come to your mind people?
I turn and grab the nearest lit candle and examine the mural.
"What do you think of this thing over here?"

Rolls

Investing mural - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Mar 22, 2021 9:22 pm
The dark and dusty foyer is suddenly filled with the laughter of a single unseen person. The sound was grating to the ears, its pitch far too high, and yet way to low, somehow at the same time.
as soon as the laughter started, it ceases, and a voice just as grating rings in the ears of all those present.

"My,my, what a promising lot I've reeled in this time.
No time to waste on fretting over the missing part of your existence, you all want to know what's going on.

So allow me to welcome you all to my refuge in between the planes of time and space.
My Manor of Mystery.
You shall be my guests for the foreseeable future, i do so hope you'll live through your stay."

The tone of this mystery being's voice is impossible to pin down, sometimes young, other times old. Somehow masculine, but feminine at the same time.
Mar 22, 2021 9:47 pm
Elena raises her pistol, turning in a slow circle, "Who are you?"
Mar 22, 2021 9:50 pm
"Since we're your guests then, mind if you answer a couple of questions we have? I'm sure Miss Trigger here doesn't want to be rude, she's just as alarmed as we all are. So, who are you and where are we exactly? Why we cannot speak of our names?"
Last edited March 22, 2021 10:00 pm
Mar 22, 2021 10:06 pm
"Gee, don't get your knickers in a twist, you two." She rolled her eyes.
"Everything will be just ducky." She pulled a small box from a secret pocket within her dress, withdrew a cigarette, and lit it on a nearby candle. After a deep breath, she turned towards Charlie, "do you want a smoke? Might help you relax."
Last edited March 22, 2021 10:09 pm

Rolls

Insight- is the spooky voice lying? - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.