Spelljammer: This isn't Waterdeep!?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 24, 2021 12:51 am
Yes, having a... premise. That's so controlling.
Mar 24, 2021 9:35 am
aquafina says:
I am interested as well!! This sounds like a lot of fun, and I know from my own game that you are a wonderful player :). I will post a character concept or two later tonight when I have time to sit down and think! :)

Edit(like 20 minutes later): I was trying to focus on homework but instead I was just thinking about this game lol. My favorite concept so far is a Horizon Walker Firbolg who was just beginning to study the planes and how it all works. He came to Waterdeep to study and now all of a sudden this happens, so he is VERY excited to have been transported here. Whereas other people might fear their current predicament, this is like a trip to Disneyland for him. Some possible magic items might be the Headband of Intellect, Elemental Gem, or Eyes of the Eagle
Sounds good. I'll send you an invite
Mar 24, 2021 9:35 am
kadeton says:
I really like how clearly you've stated the premise and expectations for this game. Obviously I'm not new to the site, but I'm certainly interested.

The first concept that sprang to mind was a character who is a traditionally "vermin" race, like a kobold or goblin. He's not evil, but is unusually intelligent, ambitious and power-hungry for one of his species. He's obsessed with magic and magical items, and that path has naturally led him to Waterdeep where he has lurked in the shadows and stolen anything magical he can get his hands on. I'd play him as an Arcane Trickster, perhaps leaning more into Wizard as he gains levels.

Worth noting: I will not be attempting to steal anything from the party. I'm not in favour of PvP, the players should be on the same team. The character might want to steal things, but will always have a reason not to - I see this as an interesting roleplaying challenge in itself.

As far as items that he could have acquired before being abducted, he would lean towards flashy, obvious magic, or things that would help him liberate other magical items from their owners. Good candidate items would include a bag of tricks, gloves of thievery, a hat of disguise, or a wand of magic missiles.
Sounds good. I'll send you an invite
Mar 24, 2021 9:36 am
Galdr says:
Asahina Takeshi, Obsidian Scribe of the Nine Immortal Dragons (Order of Scribes Wizard), studied all manner of esoteric secrets—whether the forbidden wings of Shou Lung scroll houses or creeping among catacombs for the rumors of black scrolls hidden away by Mad Thay necromancers. The inquisitive wu jen pursued relics from Shou Lung said to lurk within Waterdeep’s New Olamn archives. Takeshi quickly established residence in Waterdeep as a visiting lore keeper and mystical scholar.

Takeshi may have possessed the Scroll of Ascendant Sight (Arcane Grimoire), Heart of the Amethyst Dragon (Psi Crystal), Pearl of the Blooming Lotus (Pearl of Power), or Pendant of the Sea Dragon (Necklace of Adaptation) to enhance his elemental mastery.
sounds good, I'll send you an invite
Mar 24, 2021 12:54 pm
Moonbeam says:
Yes, having a... premise. That's so controlling.
I'm totally with Moonbeam on this one :P :P .

Runekyndig is an awesome player, I was actually sad to see his character exit the game I was running.
Mar 24, 2021 1:00 pm
Still thinking flying while trying to escape and being shoot down to fall into a pot of hot oil was the perfect ending for KFC.
Last edited March 24, 2021 1:00 pm
Mar 24, 2021 6:01 pm
Please @SJoyner72 make a tread in the General Chat where we can discuss how the storyteller and the players can play together. I would happily participate in that discussion as I have met players that play against the storyteller and players that play with the storyteller. I have thoughts about each.
Last edited March 24, 2021 6:17 pm
Mar 29, 2021 7:14 am
How about this one...

Unamed Rock Gnome artificer (still not sure if I'd go for Iron Man [Armorer], Predator-like shoulder mounted eldritch cannon [Artillerist], or Swat like enforcer using shield and repeating hand crossbow while mounted on his steel defender [Battle smith], or mad plague doctor throwing chemical mixes at everybody [Alchemist]... Had been hired as an elite by the city guard to help deal with the weirder cases...
[ +- ] possible characters
Last edited March 29, 2021 7:17 am
Mar 29, 2021 8:37 am
sorry deadpool_qc, but the game is full. I'll keep you in mind if I have dropouts
Mar 29, 2021 4:11 pm
Lol, would have been surprised otherwise ! Still if you need one more, you know where to find me !
May 15, 2021 4:56 pm
One of my players is going to take some time on a family matter.

@deadpool_qc are you still interested?
Jul 6, 2021 11:22 am
I understand that there are several players who are missing their GM.

I can add 1 perhaps 2 players to this game. They would be joining the players at a dwarven stronghold, floating in space. PM me with character concepts and we can talk further. You will know stuff my players wont ;)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.