Character Creation

load previous

KCC

May 19, 2021 1:04 am
Yeah, I’ll be having a look through today. Been thinking about making some changes. It’s 10am here now. I’ll be done with it by dinner time. Happy to start whenever then!
May 19, 2021 5:58 am
https://i.imgur.com/bUgj8RE.png
The subclasses are not relevant for me or Oberon
The linages, perhaps if Oberon meet his untimely demise
Dark gifts... I don't know that that means
Backgrounds - I'm pertty happy with Hounted one, but I like to give them a second look

KCC

May 19, 2021 7:01 am
If you’ll all indulge me a change, I did end up going with a wizard. Figured we had the very capable Tommasso and Oberon to help us fight.
Last edited May 19, 2021 8:05 am
May 19, 2021 2:46 pm
Reposting this as some things have changed. (Hint: Davin is not exactly human, but he looks human.)
Dirteshot says:
Davin Harbril has been submitted. He is a War Domain Cleric of Tempus.

Has a strong desire to help his friends succeed. Does not enjoy being the center of attention but finds himself there often. Instead enjoys making his friends look good by helping and supporting them. Not exactly shy, but not outgoing either and will let others speak. He will speak his mind about what he knows and if he disagrees with something he will say something, but he will never physically stop anyone from their own choices. Gods know he has made some poor choices. Everyone has their own choices to make after all. Davin will put himself at risk for his friends' safety though. Likes to buy mint, basil, and other herbs to chew on that taste and smell good. Often visits the butcher shop by himself.
[ +- ] Appearance
[ +- ] Defining Event
[ +- ] Personality Traits
[ +- ] Ideal:
[ +- ] Bond:
[ +- ] Flaw
Edit: playing on the basis that he knows all of you from our current mission. Would be willing to go further than that with connections as well.

KCC

May 20, 2021 3:40 am
Zuri, human wizard working on behalf of the Harpers.

Initially approached by a member of the faction for help translating some of Faerun’s more exotic languages, Zuri quickly got pulled into the mission of the group. Now he is consulted on matters besides those purely linguistic. He works, with high spirits and good nature, to root out evil, and help all oppressed peoples. His work often leads him out of his study and into the world, to grapple directly with the threats that threaten the common folk.
[ +- ] Personality
[ +- ] Flaw
[ +- ] Ideal
[ +- ] Bond

KCC

May 24, 2021 10:30 pm
Can we confirm that this game is 1post per day?
May 24, 2021 11:01 pm
KCC69 says:
Can we confirm that this game is 1post per day?
Besides weekends (And this past friday when I was busy dealing with some plumbing issues), that's the plan, yes :)
May 27, 2021 1:24 pm
Just FYI, I will be without a computer the next couple of days, but I will try to post from my phone util the new laptop comes in.

KCC

May 28, 2021 12:05 am
Are all familiars on the table in this game? I know the basic ones must be, but some adventures allow flying monkeys, tressym etc!
May 28, 2021 12:12 am
KCC69 says:
Are all familiars on the table in this game? I know the basic ones must be, but some adventures allow flying monkeys, tressym etc!
Got a totally off the wall familiar that you're looking to get? I can't imagine that I'll have issues with your choice, but I might as well find out what it is first :)

KCC

May 28, 2021 12:30 am
Probably just looking at a tressym. I’ll send a picture to the discord!
Jul 5, 2021 6:20 pm
Deepest apologies...

I have been busier than I thought with buying a house, selling a house, prepping to sell a house, and prepping to move. When I remember to get on, it is usually while I am busy doing things... I will try to be better and checking GP as I really to enjoy this game.

KCC

Sep 19, 2021 12:02 am
Hello all. Apologies, but I’m going to step away from this game. Hope you all can find this ghost and bring about the end of Strahd! All the best!
Sep 19, 2021 6:57 pm
rolling hp - wow! that sucked! I chould have chose 6 on the die or rolled. I took a chance and lost.
Last edited September 19, 2021 6:59 pm

Rolls

hp - (2d10)

(23) = 5

Sep 19, 2021 7:37 pm
Good thing we're taking the average HP instead!
Feb 16, 2022 9:05 pm
Hey friends! I'm one of the two additions to your game, thank you for having me. I'm likely using a character I previously created for a Curse of Strahd game (it immediately fizzled), a Monster Slayer Ranger named Lucan, a Scholar Sage background. I'll drop a backstory a bit later (it's turned into a busy day). I may change at the last minute, @Falconloft was saying they might play a ranger in which case I'd push a different class. I'm fine playing almost anything :)

It looks like your characters are level 3, so I'll match that. I originally planned my ranger to be strength-based, but I think I'll push dexterity instead, likely a bow/crossbow situation.

Questions for DM:
1 - Are you ok with variant human?
2 - Would you like us to use the standard equipment, or start with a 3rd level character's worth of gold?
3 - How are we entering the game? Would you like us to find our way from the Forgotten Realms like the others, or maybe citizens of Ravenloft somehow?

Thanks!
Last edited February 16, 2022 9:56 pm
Feb 16, 2022 10:11 pm
Ezz. says:
Hey friends! I'm one of the two additions to your game, thank you for having me. I'm likely using a character I previously created for a Curse of Strahd game (it immediately fizzled), a Monster Slayer Ranger named Lucan, a Scholar Sage background. I'll drop a backstory a bit later (it's turned into a busy day). I may change at the last minute, @Falconloft was saying they might play a ranger in which case I'd push a different class. I'm fine playing almost anything :)

It looks like your characters are level 3, so I'll match that. I originally planned my ranger to be strength-based, but I think I'll push dexterity instead, likely a bow/crossbow situation.

Questions for DM:
1 - Are you ok with variant human?
2 - Would you like us to use the standard equipment, or start with a 3rd level character's worth of gold?
3 - How are we entering the game? Would you like us to find our way from the Forgotten Realms like the others, or maybe citizens of Ravenloft somehow?

Thanks!
1. Variant human is just fine.
2. Go ahead and use the standard equipment. No one has much of value at this point
3. Whichever you'd prefer for your character. We can make it work either way
Feb 17, 2022 2:15 pm
Ezz. sent a note to Naatkinson
Last edited February 17, 2022 5:00 pm
Feb 17, 2022 8:42 pm
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/844626793747185736/943948587136581632/unknown.pngValyria Zhurakova was the result of two either very drunk or very adventurous people and was a fluke at that. Never knowing her parents, it was obvious from a very young age that she was different. When she was rescued from a snowdrift by the local village healer, already her features were starker and her skin was more pale than any child had been in the village in years. It was put down to her near-death, but as she grew... she grew.

At age five she was above the hip of the blacksmith, and by age ten, she stood taller than every other woman in the village. By the time her foster mother retired and made her the new Mudrost, she stood taller than most of the men. Because of this, she was always taunted and derided, although never actually accosted - at least by no one of her own age. Her mother insisted though, that if she were to be the Mudrost one day, she'd have to have incur no ill will from the villagers.

And so, she took to the habit of cursing people out to Thrym under her breath as she walked away. As it turns out... he was listening. Without her knowledge, he began to help her curses and her healing succeed, and while she became known as a great and wise healer, she also began to sow distrust. Those who argued with her would have evil befall them. Although she denied being the one doing such things, it eventually became untenable for her to remain, and so she left.

Eventually, she fell in with a paladin who had sworn to rid the world of evil. Recalling her experiences with her village, Valyria was secretly sure that this meant that the majority of the world would be destroyed, but she was fine if it was happening one or two people at a time. When the mists came and carried them away, she was unsure what that meant - until she found out who ruled these lands. Now she is sure that her travelling companion was sent here for a reason, so she's going to need to do her best to support him.
Last edited February 17, 2022 8:45 pm
Feb 17, 2022 11:18 pm
The Holy Order of the Gauntlet is a coalition of morally upstanding warriors, knights, paladins and clerics who dedicated themselves to the destruction of evil in Faerûn. Knight Sergeant Cyrus Bosch (just "Bosch" to everyone as long as there was no higher brass around) led a unit of 40 men and was well-liked and respected. He did his time at a few battlefields when certain enemies of certain states came under the umbrella of what defined "evil", and he was no stranger to a fight against a few minor undead. He paid his dues at a training facility for younger recruits in the twilight years of his military career.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. Due to a disagreement of principles, Bosch found his enlistment had ended early and he was unceremoniously tossed out on his ass. After twelve years, the only thing he had to show for it was a few good scars and a sack to carry his things.

Though he was no longer being paid for it, he was trained to fight evil, so by Helm’s armored fist, evil he would fight! He found himself wandering the world doing his best to keep his head above water. Eventually he found himself with the only person that would put up with him, a cleric named Valyria. Together they lived day-to-day until they found themselves wrapped up in a mysterious fog….

(former) Knight Sergeant Cyrus Bosch is a serious, dry-humored man in his 30s. His frame is thin, but after seeing him in a fight you would not discount his strength. He is pale and somewhat gaunt with shadowed features and deep-set eyes with dark circles around them. You won’t often see his face as he never removes his helm during daylight hours due to the way his time in the Order of the Gauntlet ended. The removable faceplate covers his entire face down to his neck, though you can plainly see his pale eyes through the holes. There is a large open eye engraved into the center of the helmet where Bosch’s forehead is, representing Helm as The Watcher.

Bosch concerns himself with results, sometimes forgetting that others nearby are not under his command. He has a solid grasp of tactics and is no stranger to a fight. He has a stoic (though not emotionless) outlook that some people might interpret as gruff or uncaring, though that couldn’t be farther from the truth. His personal mission to defeat evil is his way of improving the world around him and sacrificing for the needs of others.
[ +- ] Cyrus Bosch
Last edited February 17, 2022 11:19 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.