Danger at Dunwater

load previous
May 20, 2022 9:14 am
The monk at the bar hears Lothar and approach the table

You on a quest are going ? In a quest to understand people from this region I am and a good opportunity for me to do so it is. Would you be so kind as to me in your group accept ?
Last edited May 20, 2022 9:15 am
May 21, 2022 6:45 pm
OOC:
This is rewind to earlier in the evening, correct? After Ozrik and Abigail joined the group, before everyone moved from the common room to Abigail's room?
Being new to the group, Ozrik doesn't feel it his place to answer the two strangers ' questions. He merely acknowledges each one with a nod and waits for Venemar or one of the others to respond.
May 22, 2022 1:35 am
OOC:
Sorry if I jumped in at a weird time. I was working to get my character sheet completed and I haven't had a chance to read the story up until now. I didn't want to go a bunch of days without a post. I'll catch up over the weekend.
May 23, 2022 3:32 am
OOC:
Yes, this is retro posting, just to get the newcomers into the group.
May 23, 2022 6:25 am
Abigail, like Ozrik, nods her head to everyone and greets them warmly. She has little knowledge of the mission to come, and waits for further information.
May 23, 2022 1:54 pm
'What an odd assortment of sellswords and knaves...' the tall, bearded man thought, his form slowly emerging from a darkened corner of the table, having been hidden by the bulk of Venmar and Gazza. '...and a fellow practitioner of the Higher Arts! An ally or a rival?', he wondered. He eyed the robed, older figure, before turning to the others.

"Not much understanding to be had on this path..." he intoned in his pompous, gravely voice. He addressed the latest newcomer, the strangely garbed foreigner who must have been an inhabitant of the far steppes of the crumbling Bakluni empires of the oerthian Far West. "If you are to join, it would be proper to introduce yourselves, and perhaps tell us more of your skills. Ours is a tight knit band — excelling in all senses and dimensions ; What come you here to offer, and will you accept to serve under the auspicious leadership of our very own Captain, Sir Venemar here," he continued, pointing at the warrior who had done most of the explaining so far. "It is not easy work, no... many have fallen on the way, or ran off as the cowardly scum they were. What tells us you can be trusted?"
OOC:
Welcome all! And sorry for my lengthy silence... Albionus is usually an excessively talkative fellow, but I — his player — have been stretched out very thin IRL. So don't take his rather acrimonious introduction the wrong way, it's just an excuse for your characters to describe themselves, their skills and motivations.
Last edited May 23, 2022 1:57 pm
May 23, 2022 3:35 pm
Sorry, to seem impolite I am. Blind Monkey I named, Monk of the Golden Mountain Illumination Shrine I am. To understand this country and its citizens I came, only what I carry a reward can be and money none but for need for a day I accept.

A fighting Monkey Monk I am, my hands weapons are, blind I am called for Illumination no understand I can. This reason for traveling I have, such is my quest.
May 24, 2022 1:35 am
OOC:
Sorry @matmaisan. I didn't realize there was another magic user. I can switch over to a Thief if that would work better for the group. I have read through the game posts and it looks like the only Thief was a NPC. Now that I've rolled up one PC, I can probably bang this one out pretty quick.
May 24, 2022 8:59 am
OOC:
The spoilers below are for when new characters have introduced themselves. 'Venemar's tale of what led up to now' is before they go to the room. 'In the room' is for what Venemar tells them about the council etc once in the privacy of the room. This saves me from having to write a huge post :)
[ +- ] Venemar's tale of what led up to now
[ +- ] In the room
Last edited May 24, 2022 9:05 am
May 25, 2022 4:07 am
Lothar listens to Sir Venemar's story intently. He pulls at his beard as the Paladin details everything that has happened. When Sir Venemar stops, Lothar looks over at him. "Your party has been busy. I am surprised you all survived such difficult challenges." Lothar stops and sits for a minute in thought. He pulls a pipe from within his robes, stuffs the chamber and lights it. Soon the room is filled with a sweet fragrant smell of pipe smoke.

"Adventuring is new to me. Up until a few years ago, I was but a simple Lorimer - fixing bridles and saddles. The job was safe, but I yearned for something more. A wise man recognized something in me and taught me a few things. I found I had a knack for the magic arts. I would be very interested in joining you in this quest, but it does sound dangerous. I am not as rugged as some of your friends here." Lothar waves his pipe towards Ozrik & Gazza. "Still, I think I can be of valuable service. I might not be up front, swinging axe or sword, but I can definitely help things easier for those that do." Lothar looks over at Sir Venemar again. "When do we head out?"
May 25, 2022 4:48 pm
"Tomorrow morning, first thing," Venemar replies.
May 25, 2022 5:21 pm
Ready I will be.

He goes to the Innkeeper

Your meeker room and ball of soup, please.
May 26, 2022 10:55 pm
" I'll be awake and ready by then," Abigail replies, nodding her head to her new goodly comrade. "I often make my daily prayers shortly before sunrise whilst stars still shine above.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.