Chapter 1: The House of Lament

load previous
Sep 7, 2021 4:48 pm
Numb from the experience in the ballroom, Knobbenkirk declines the offered meal. He sits next to Tommaso as the others chat, and asks, "You think the headache was from Lady Silvra? Not this Dranzorg fellow?"

Rolls

Assuming Short Rest HD - (1d8+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Sep 7, 2021 6:23 pm
Tom chuckles. "Oh I have no doubt it was from Dranzorg. I just think that, like most egomaniacs, this guy respects an enemy and considers being ignored an unforgivable sin."
Sep 9, 2021 12:58 am
Well... It seems as though we still have half the house to explore, not including the tower. I guess when we are done here, we at least have someplace else to look.
OOC:
according to the map
Sep 9, 2021 5:44 am
Knobby massages his temples and sighs. "Right. Well, when we're done, let's get this over with."
Sep 10, 2021 11:19 pm
"I'm afraid that we don't have much to spare," Alanik says, then hesitates, "But I suppose that if you're the ones exploring, you could use these more that us."

With that, he reaches into a bag attached to his chair and pulls out a pair of scrolls before handing them over.
OOC:
You gain two scrolls of Cure Wounds (Level 1)

KCC

Sep 11, 2021 12:18 pm
"Yes." Zuri looks over the two scrolls of healing magic.

"Yes, I suppose we might!"

He begins to gather himself for the next leg of their investigation!

"Let’s be about this!" he says as he crosses to the door!
Sep 11, 2021 6:38 pm
"Thank you. These should come in handy."

Tom double checks his gear to make sure everything is still strapped tight and his weapon is within arm's reach. Satisfied, he waits by the door to head back out and finish clearing the house.
Sep 14, 2021 1:33 am
Yes. Those are very nice. I didn't prepare this one. I wasn't expecting such difficulties I guess. He seems a little distraught by this, but ready to push on and keep going gathering his resolve
Thank you for the scrolls.
Sep 17, 2021 4:45 pm
Taking a breather, Oberon is ready to explore the rest of this house, and find a solution to the ghost problem
Sep 19, 2021 5:50 pm
You make your way slowly through the house. Room by room, you encounter further evidence of a malevolent spirit haunting the place. At your best guess, it is haunted by the spirits of Dalk Dranzorg, Lady Mara Silvra, and Theodora Halvhrest, though which one is causing the problems isn't clear.

Two nights after you enter, you find yourselves in a hidden basement under the original tower structure.

Nothing is natural about this buried cavity or the amber light flooding the space. Petrified figures lie trapped among the pale stone walls, their faces contorted in terror. Deeper, the floor forms a craterlike depression filled with inky muck. From the center of the pit rises a jagged amber monolith. A faint glow issues from within, backlighting a vague, elusive shape.

As you approach, the air grows cold and Mara Silvra manifests before you, a spectral night with distorted, screaming features. She looks to the monolith and shouts ""You foul thing! Take these lives and release me!"

After a tough fight, you manage to bring her down. Her spectral form turns to mist and peace washes over her tortured visage and she fades away.

The amber monolith remains and Zuri approaches it, laying a hand on it and drawing upon his magical powers and discipline to commune with it. With a growl and a pained shout, he plunges his hand into it and it shatters into a million pieces.

He slumps, exhausted, to the ground and Arthur rushes forth to check on him. "I think he'll be okay," he says after a moment, "But I think it best if we watch over him for a bit while we finish cleansing this place."

You all agree and Zuri stays with your new friends, for now.
OOC:
I'll leave this thread open for a few days if you want to play out your reactions to what's happened. I should have the next chapter up by Wednesday!
Sep 19, 2021 6:23 pm
Tommaso chuckles. "We? What exactly did you do?" He rhetorically asks Arthur. Once the threat seems to have been dealt with, Tommaso spends most of his time devoted to satiating his alcoholic vice. He goes room to room and gathers every single ounce of alcohol in the joint. He will shamelessly rifle through the belongings of the ghost hunters and confiscate any booze they have as payment for the service the group has done. That night he is quite drunk and cheerful; eager to engage in tales of adventure and play games of chance with what little money he has to his name.
Sep 19, 2021 7:35 pm
"Now now, our hosts have proven their intentions," says Knobbenkirk, pilfering some of Tommaso's alcohol for his own imbibement. "Without them, we couldn't have figured out who all those ghosts were, nor which one to help out."

He burps, wiping his lips with the back of his hand. "I mean, we might have thought Lady Mara was the bad guy. Woman. Ghost-thing. But it turned out she just wanted peace and freedom, which we gave her. Over and beyond, I'd say."
Sep 19, 2021 10:21 pm
Davin will join in with the drinking and revelry, regular thinking Tempus for his aid, but when it comes time to sleep, with the house being cleansed, Davin will spend the night alone and away from the group. He is relatively quiet and contemplative after the fight engaging in conversation when spoken with, but not directly starting any, and often chewing on mint leaves that he brought with him.
Last edited September 19, 2021 11:08 pm
Sep 20, 2021 10:06 am
After the intense ghost battle, Oberon realizes that he has to up his game if he is going to survive this realm they are stuck in. He gathers some of the residue from the body of the ghost and adds it to a potion bottle. With a battered old notebook in hand, he follows a recipe where he adds different ingredients to the potion.
He refrains from partaking in the drinking and eating, in fact, he is fasting for the next 8 hours, after with he drinks the potion. For an hour he is sweating profusely and getting paler and paler. To anyone who asks, he admits to poisoning himself, but to alter his body chemetry.
By the time that Tommaso and Knobbenkirk are getting over their hangover, Oberon starts to look healthy again.
OOC:
Oberon have taken the subclass Ghosthunter
Sep 20, 2021 4:44 pm
"You know," groans Knobbenkirk, his eyes screwed shut, absently hitting Tommaso on the shoulder, "I think Oberon's style of drinking might be better. Like, don't eat, get sick, then feel great?" He gropes for his waterskin to wet his dry throat.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.