Twist these Three wishes

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 27, 2021 12:49 am
In my IRL game my players got three wishes at the very end of the session The Genie who granted these of course will twist them however possible
Here they are,
Wish1: I wish that I can talk to Cef Midwell for an hour while not Imprisoned or in court.
Wish2: I wish for the opportunity to talk to Helm for 1 minute with me or my friends not being in prison
Wish3: I wish Cef to help me make an Iron Golen for 10'000 gold.

Some background Information,
Ruleset (D&D 5e)
Helm Adams is one of the big bads a sorcerer who is near the city they are in right now
Cef Midwell is a powerful wizard who holds lots of power in the city as a political leader.
May 27, 2021 1:01 am
Wish one. Hell is very hot for a phone booth to talk from.
Wish two. Refer to Wish one.
Wish three. Creation time could be very very long...
May 27, 2021 1:27 am
Wish 1: The character gets his audience with Cef. And as he start speaking, time freezes for an hour. Oh, he's free to talk alright, but Cef won't hear. Nothing in the wish about Cef hearing him, you see... Then, at the end of this hour time unfreezes, and some urgent matter comes up and Cef has to end the audience early.

Wish 2: Is it me or this wish is strangely worded? Okay, well Helm gets to talk to the character's friends... his childhood friends, which he hasn't seen in a long time and lost touch with.

Wish 3: The golem could be cursed, or much smaller than normal as I assume Cef would normally charge more than 10'000 gp for his services...
Last edited May 27, 2021 1:28 am
May 27, 2021 1:57 am
Wishes 1 & 2: Eh... I'd just let them have the conversations, no strings attached beyond that they are both very powerful mages who might not take kindly to being subjected to wishes and will remember it afterwards.

Wish 3: because this political leader spends so much time on his iron golem side project, he can't do his actual job properly and gets deposed.
A power struggle ensues, riots, assassinations, city falls into chaos, and this Helm character probably benefits from Cef being occupied... all fun stuff. and of course Cef is fully aware who is responsible for all of this.
Last edited May 27, 2021 1:58 am
May 27, 2021 2:33 am
I like Carabas' suggestions, because it's less gotcha and more letting them deal with the consequences of getting exactly what they wanted.
May 27, 2021 2:40 am
Make me an iron golem means turn me into an iron golem. What he should have said was make an iron golem for me.
May 27, 2021 3:21 am
saevikas says:
I like Carabas' suggestions, because it's less gotcha and more letting them deal with the consequences of getting exactly what they wanted.
Yeah, those are all very good, but Koldik did said the genie wanted to twist those wishes, so I assume this will require some more proactivity... And even using someone else's ideas, Koldik could still use Carabas' ideas to add insults to injury as they make sense. Such powerful individuals would resent being the subject of a wish, and it is obvious the characters failed to take into account the consequences of their actions...
Last edited May 27, 2021 3:24 am
May 27, 2021 3:33 am
kalajel says:
saevikas says:
Yeah, those are all very good, but Koldik did said the genie wanted to twist those wishes, so I assume this will require some more proactivity...
1) The players get their hour. However, Cef Midwell's absence for that hour allows a large incident (maybe Helm Adams makes a power play) to become unaddressed due to Cef's inability to mount a response, destabilizing the city.
2) The players get their minute. However, they can talk to Helm all they want, but he can refuse to return the favor of conversation.
3) The iron golem comes with flaws. Disobedient, high energy expenditure, breaks often, overspecialized functions, sticky joints, etc. Standard fare.
May 27, 2021 6:09 am
Wish 1 & 2: The conversation happens in dreams. They might be in contact with each other and have a conversation, but afterwards, everything is dismissed or forgotten.

Wish 3: The amount of help that Cef provides is: 1 gold piece. There was no mention of the golem being compleated, funtional and controlled.
May 27, 2021 7:08 am
KoldikSteelskin says:
Wish1: I wish that I can talk to Cef Midwell for an hour while not Imprisoned or in court.
CESN sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
KoldikSteelskin says:
Wish3: I wish Cef to help me make an Iron Golen for 10'000 gold.
KoldikSteelskin says:
Wish2: I wish for the opportunity to talk to Helm for 1 minute with me or my friends not being in prison
Last edited May 27, 2021 11:08 am
May 27, 2021 10:36 am
KoldikSteelskin sent a note to GeneCortess,CESN,runekyndig,saevikas,Carabas,kalajel,Machiabelly,Remnant
Last edited May 27, 2021 1:33 pm
May 27, 2021 10:38 am
One of my players is also on GP :) the one who opened the bottle in fact.
May 27, 2021 11:13 am
May 27, 2021 12:18 pm
If you copy all of this you will include everyone who has put in input so far.
(note="GeneCortess,CESN,runekyndig,saevikas,Carabas,kalajel,Machiabelly,KoldikSteelskin,Remnant")(/note)
OOC:
if you want to join the convo let me know :)
Last edited May 27, 2021 1:28 pm
May 27, 2021 12:19 pm
KoldikSteelskin sent a note to GeneCortess,CESN,runekyndig,saevikas,Carabas,kalajel,Machiabelly,KoldikSteelskin,Remnant
Last edited May 27, 2021 1:25 pm
May 27, 2021 12:57 pm
Remnant sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
May 27, 2021 1:22 pm
kalajel sent a note to GeneCortess,CESN,runekyndig,saevikas,Carabas,kalajel,Machiabelly,KoldikSteelskin
May 27, 2021 1:31 pm
KoldikSteelskin sent a note to Remnant
May 27, 2021 1:33 pm
KoldikSteelskin sent a note to GeneCortess,CESN,runekyndig,saevikas,Carabas,kalajel,Machiabelly,KoldikSteelskin,Remnant
May 27, 2021 1:42 pm
Last edited May 27, 2021 1:42 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.