Wishlist of games / settings

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 7, 2021 5:52 am
Quote:
Magic School - I'd love to run or play in a school for the gifted. This could be a supes game using Masks or Hero High (Mutants & Masterminds), or a Harry Potter clone, or even Sci Fi (Enders Game) or high fantasy. The idea is that the school is most of if not the entire setting, not just a base for adventures, and the game revolves around school type drama.
I ran a short-lived but pretty fun game that was pretty much that on here a while ago. Might be fun to revisit at some point with a new group
Jun 7, 2021 7:57 am
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
Magic School - I'd love to run or play in a school for the gifted. This could be a supes game using Masks or Hero High (Mutants & Masterminds), or a Harry Potter clone, or even Sci Fi (Enders Game) or high fantasy. The idea is that the school is most of if not the entire setting, not just a base for adventures, and the game revolves around school type drama.
I ran a short-lived but pretty fun game that was pretty much that on here a while ago. Might be fun to revisit at some point with a new group
I have hopes for the pathfinder 2 published adventure in an African-inspired magic school. It should be coming out in June or July.
Jun 7, 2021 2:57 pm
bowlofspinach says:

Just curious, what system did you use? I've pondered such a game using Dark Streets & Darker Secrets before...
Jun 7, 2021 3:02 pm
Smallville RPG. We just reflavored some things to make the characters monsters instead of superheroes but that was very easy.
Jun 7, 2021 6:28 pm
You sure love your Smallville! Do you have Cortex Prime yet?
Jun 7, 2021 7:35 pm
I don't have it but I have read it. A bit. I need to take a deeper look into it but it felt very confusing to me.

And yes, I do love my Smallville. It's such a good system
Last edited June 7, 2021 7:35 pm
Jun 7, 2021 7:38 pm
System-Setting
Symbaroum

Settings
The Chronicle of the Throne of Thorns

;-)
Jun 9, 2021 9:35 pm
1- Degenesis
2- Fragged Empire
3- Venture city (Fate)
Jun 9, 2021 10:10 pm
System
Legend of the Five Rings (FFG)
7th Sea

Setting
See above lol
Jun 9, 2021 10:44 pm
mcneils5 says:
System
Legend of the Five Rings (FFG)
7th Sea

Setting
See above lol
👀
Jun 9, 2021 11:09 pm
In no way am I in any position in my life to start a game now but I would love to play a Conan the Barbarian.
Jun 10, 2021 4:14 am
CherokeeWind says:
In no way am I in any position in my life to start a game now but I would love to play a Conan the Barbarian.
The Modiphius game? Will be playing that live next week, looking forward to it though that 2d20 system is a little fiddly for my tastes. Barbarians of Lemuria, though? LOVE that game. (Forgive me, I'm a sucker for S&S.)
Jun 10, 2021 5:05 am
I'm not sure what S&S is...are we using abbreviations to be appropriate for public viewing? ;) Anyway, I hope you enjoy your game. I tend to think I lean toward a Disney fairytale but it was fun playing a more gritty anti-hero role.
Jun 10, 2021 5:15 am
Sword & Sorcery! =]
Jun 10, 2021 11:55 pm
Harrigan says:
Sword & Sorcery! =]
Sword & Sorcery is Conan-esque action! My favorite subset is Sword & Planet; rayguns and longswords!
Jun 11, 2021 12:26 am
With Conan I think Swords and Sandals
Jun 11, 2021 12:35 am
Conan is definitely the trope codifier for Sword and Sorcery. Sword and Sandals is more like Spartacus or Gladiator.

And I also love Sword and Planet. It is a really underappreciated sci-fi/fantasy sub-genre. That goes for all the sword and blank genres though. They are just plain fun.
Jun 11, 2021 12:44 am
System-Setting
-Pathfinder 1E or 2E, Golarion or homebrew
-Starfinder (I'd like to try it eventually, though I know nothing about it)
-Call of Cthulhu 7e (I've tried getting into a couple games over the last few months and they keep illuding me)
-The One Ring (as a massive LotR fan, not sure how I've never tried this)

Settings
Nothing particular. Fantasy or horror are my go-to genres though - any setting that tackles those will have my interest most likely
Last edited June 11, 2021 12:44 am
Jun 11, 2021 4:48 pm
C1NDER, you must also be a fan of The Name of the Wind.
Jun 11, 2021 8:22 pm
JacobVane says:
C1NDER, you must also be a fan of The Name of the Wind.
Hah! Sure am - though my handle predates the book by a bit, it was validating to see it in such a great story.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.