Part One: The Animal Ark

load previous
Jun 7, 2021 5:00 pm
What cat? Someone lost a cat? Maybe Spud can find that viewfinder he had to tell everyone about instead. Then we could look through it and find the cat.
Jun 7, 2021 5:06 pm
"What's a viewfinder?", Mikey asks as they continue to make their way over to Em.
Jun 7, 2021 5:14 pm
Oh I meant a viewscreen. For looking through. You could see anywhere like you were there.
Jun 7, 2021 5:25 pm
Em glares briefly at Mikey as he makes his joke -- one she has probably heard a few times before -- then turns her attention back on trying to get her old bike free of the rack. She avoids making eye contact as Andy and Rogan approach.

"Someone let the air out of my tires," the girl says, finally getting it free as her dark bangs hang down, partially covering her face. Turning to the two boys as Mikey barks at Georgie, she keeps her eyes down as she adds, "Again. But it's fine. I don't mind walking. I'm used to it."

Looking up, she sees that the conversation has turned, sighs, and starts walking her bike home.
OOC:
Edited! Can't keep up with you lot.
Last edited June 7, 2021 7:06 pm
Jun 7, 2021 5:42 pm
Jaden sighed as he listened to the others sidetrack and jump topics. With the corner of his eye he spotted Morgan dragging her bike, turning to leave; with a couple big strides, he reached Morgan without her noticing and begun dragging the bike along. "Where to Em? Home already? Wanna go on a cat hunting? Well, we won't be actually hunting the cat... Wanna join the rest of the misfits for a laugh? Maybe we find it and get the reward."
Misfits... Another potential name for my future band.. I need to note that down...
Jun 7, 2021 5:49 pm
Wait a second, Mikey notices. I never invited any of them cat-hunting. Does that mean I have to share the reward with all of them?

He sighs. At least he still gets to play detective, which is secretly the more interesting part for him anyway.
Jun 7, 2021 7:06 pm
"Eep!" Morgan cries as suddenly Jaden is right there helping her walk her bike. Where did he even come from?!

Looking over at the older boy once she's recovered, a little color now in her pale cheeks, Em shrugs. "Uh... sure?" Glancing at the other boys, she adjusts her knapsack, which squeaks slightly, then looks back at Jameson. "Um... is someone missing their cat? Do we know where it was last seen?"
Jun 7, 2021 7:17 pm
Mikey groans and looks at the bus. "If anyone knows, it's Georgie. He told me about it," he says. "But he went on the bus. Maybe we should all meet up later, by the dam. I think it happened somewhere around there. Then he can tell us all he knows." He glances at Em's skirt one more time but then quickly looks away, before anyone notices or he has a chance to blush.

KCC

Jun 7, 2021 11:36 pm
Georgie sees Ms. Rachel start to pull the bus out and decides to make the mad dash to see if he can catch a glimpse of Rebecca Poole. She always sits in the same spot. Right up beside Ms. Rachel. The bus driver does her best to keep the worst of the jeers at bay, at least for that short time on the way home.

While you aren’t exactly friends, Rebecca has never treated Georgie badly. She knows too well how that feels. Georgie makes his way across the yard, hoping that Ms. Rachel gets caught up in the traffic leaving. You’re about to step out onto a part of the road leading to the parking lot, when you hear a short, sharp beep.

Cuckoo Hernandez, still wearing his bicycle helmet, waves you back out of the way. You wait for him to pass before hurriedly taking up the chase again. As you reach Ms. Rachel’s bus, you see Rebecca Poole there, looking out the window at that communal exit from Ridgeview.

You stand there, at the side of the bus. She notices you looking up at her. She raises a hand in a kind of quizzical wave, and gives a timid kind of smile! The window is open a crack and the light is red... for now!
OOC:
We’ve got a few hours before dark! Seems like we’ll adventure for a little then? Some cat hunting never the Hoover Dam Lodge?
Jun 8, 2021 12:45 am
"Rebecca, call me -- get home!" he yells, and makes a phone hand sign between wheezes. "Cat!" he adds.

He pants for a moment before he heads back to ride home with Em, but she probably left without him.

KCC

Jun 8, 2021 3:21 am
Confusion gives way to understanding, and she returns an appreciative smile and a nod! A nice moment soon interrupted with a chorus of

"oooOOOOooooh!"

from some of the kids cool enough to sit in the back.

"Poole and Spud?!"

As the bus pulls away, Georgie can hear a chorus starting up of:

"Poole and Spud, sitting in a tr..."

Georgie stands there, while the kids at the back of the bus shoot him mocking smooches!
Jun 8, 2021 3:46 am
He laughs and waves off the kids.

Deep down he knows Poole is going to wear that hard, but he had never figured out how to deal with the laugh, but to laugh back.

He goes back to the bike rack to merry up with the others. Maybe Mikey and Em are still close.

KCC

Jun 8, 2021 8:40 am
Jaden, Andy, Georgie, Em and Mikey, you stand in the yard of Ridgeview Middle School. The crashing wave of students reduces to a trickle, and then to nothing at all. More teachers begin to climb into their cars. Last minute Christmas shopping awaits them, and then hopefully, some well deserved rest.

You tinker with your bikes, making small talk and busting each other’s chops. All at once, that feeling of it being time to go comes over you all.
OOC:
But where?
Jun 8, 2021 9:21 am
"Well, if you all have nothing to do right now, we could check out the dam," Mikey suggests with a shrug.

bowlofspinach sent a note to KCC69

KCC

Jun 8, 2021 9:34 am
KCC sent a note to bowlofspinach
Jun 8, 2021 12:21 pm
I could get into some cat hunting. Besides I love going to the dam. It's just so cool there.

Andy unclips his pump from his bike and walks over to Em"s bike.

I can see if I can get those tires full of air again if you want.
Jun 8, 2021 12:59 pm
Georgie is catching his breath. "Oh boy this will be great we'll catch that cat for sure and maybe Rebecca's Aunt will throw in some lemonade and chips, too, but, do you think we head down. Oh an air pump, I hope that works Em, are you coming, too?"
Jun 8, 2021 2:44 pm
Em nods at Georgie, and there's the hint of a smile behind those long, dark bangs. Lemonade, chips, and hanging with the boys sounds like more fun than she's had in the last... well, in a good while. Besides, her aunt wouldn't have left the school yet -- she often worked late.

"Sure," she says simply, before adding, "Um, sorry my tires are flat. Kind of slows us down. Maybe we could stop at a gas station on the way? I think Johnsons has air pumps..."
Jun 8, 2021 2:56 pm
"Both are flat? Then that wasn't an accident," Mikey says, realizing after that he's probably just stating the obvious. "You know who did this? Want me to beat someone up?"
Not that he wants to beat someone up, but he's pretty sure he could beat up most kids in school, unless they're older. Or really tough. Plus, that's just one of those things you have to be ready to do.
Last edited June 8, 2021 5:03 pm
Jun 8, 2021 3:42 pm
Harrigan says:
"Sure," she says simply, before adding, "Um, sorry my tires are flat. Kind of slows us down. Maybe we could stop at a gas station on the way? I think Johnsons has air pumps..."
Well, lemme try first Em? My pump should work if there aren't any actual holes in those tires.

Andy really wanted to be the tire hero and was hoping the pump would work. Unclipping it from its bracket he set about attaching the little hose to the valve on the front tire first and then started to depress the pump plunger, forcing air into the tube.
Last edited June 8, 2021 3:42 pm

Rolls

Tech 2 Tinker - (3d6)

(462) = 12

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.