D&D5e: The Lord of Hunger

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jul 12, 2021 2:18 am
[ +- ] It's a bit long. Firbolg Nature Domain Cleric
Jul 12, 2021 7:47 pm
Let me give this another try, now that I have had a bit of rest and not rushed after working all day and half the night on Sunday.

Vaalnor Male (Goliath or Human...I am just as happy with either)
Background: Outlander (Bounty Hunter)
Class: Fighter (Champion) not sold on the archetype yet

Vaalnor is a hard-boiled merc who takes not a shit from anyone. He's foul-mouthed, irreverent, and has more vices than the clergy has donations. He says what he thinks and makes no apologies. Loss has hardened him and getting through his wall of defense is not an easy task. There is still some goodness somewhere beneath that rough exterior.

He was born to poor merchants who traveled about to sell their wares. In a very hard time, his parents abandoned him in the forest because they couldn't afford to feed him anymore. On the verge of starvation or death at the hands of the woodland predators, he was rescued by a kindly hermit. He grew up and learned to live off the land.

In his mid-teens the old hermit died and Vaalnor found himself lured to the call of civilization and the possibility of companionship. Soon after he joined the military and trained to fight and protect the kingdom he had settled in. This seemed to impress many prospective partners, who were attracted to a fellow in uniform.

He served for a number of years and fought battles in the name of the king, until things turned against his unit on the battlefield and in the war. The forces were decimated and the kingdom was lost to the enemy. Badly wounded, and left for dead, Vaalnor was taken in by a small troupe of elven exiles. He was nursed back to health by the leader's daughter, a lovely elven woman named Sateen.

Hunted by the occupying forces of the country, Vaalnor and Sateen's relationship was cut short, when she was killed and he taken captive. His execution was to be a public spectacle, an example to all who would defy their new overlord. Vaalnor was tied to a tall stake in the town square and the kindling set afire. He was being burned alive—
Last edited July 12, 2021 7:59 pm
Jul 12, 2021 7:54 pm
OOC:
I think I let the others have this game.
Jul 13, 2021 7:57 am
Invite sent and this game is now closed to applications
Jul 13, 2021 8:16 am
Vaynol says:
Invite sent and this game is now closed to applications
Write that in the tile ;)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.