Out Of Character Comment Thread

Jul 13, 2021 9:00 pm
Hello everyone. This is the "anything out of character" discussion area.
Jul 14, 2021 2:54 am
1. First
2. Meters !!! How can you play Star Wars if you don't get Meters!!
Jul 14, 2021 3:44 am
Esidrix says:
1. First
2. Meters !!! How can you play Star Wars if you don't get Meters!!
I'm familiar with both but mostly run into inches, yards, miles and pounds in daily life (as opposed to centimeters, meters, kilometers and kilograms). I think I remember hearing my grandfather say something along the lines of "The rest of the world uses metric, but we put people on the moon, so how's their metric working out for them?"

I don't know if the World War 2 generation were interested in using metric. In any case, I'll put up a short quick reference because knowledge is power...and half the battle.
Jul 14, 2021 4:26 am
I just measure everything in parsecs, like "I have 50 parsecs of spice, and I have to take it over 20 parsecs in the next parsec and a half."
Jul 14, 2021 4:41 pm
Rezart says:
I just measure everything in parsecs, like "I have 50 parsecs of spice, and I have to take it over 20 parsecs in the next parsec and a half."
I think we found the group's astrogation expert. :)
Jul 14, 2021 4:42 pm
Anyone who can do a trip in less distance than the trip is a legend. :)
Jul 14, 2021 6:09 pm
Does anyone care whether this game is private or public? I don't, but I'm interested to hear back on it from all of you on the matter.
Jul 14, 2021 6:26 pm
I see no reason to keep it private. But I also don't mind either way.
Jul 14, 2021 6:40 pm
I don't see any reason to keep it private.
Jul 14, 2021 7:21 pm
All good with either.
Jul 14, 2021 10:39 pm
So, are we playing pre-gens in this game?
Jul 14, 2021 11:14 pm
Rezart says:
So, are we playing pre-gens in this game?
No.

I’m sorry for the confusion with the character templates. I wouldn’t feel comfortable just assigning characters to players (does that happen?). The Mandalorian, Duros pilot, Rodian tech, and IG Droid are there as examples for character creation (refresher and in case someone new joins us and doesn’t know how to make a character) and I will be referring to The Outhouse Mouse crew in the data pad involving the combat grid as soon as I can.

I put up an introduction to the first part of the game’s plot. You all would be contracted mercs who work with the Devaronean the ISB agent called towards the end of the intro. Any ideas yet on what you’re all wanting to play?
Jul 14, 2021 11:25 pm
I think the character templates thread and the combat grid thread will make a lot more sense when they’re done. I expect that to be done sometime this weekend, and we will hopefully start early next week if everyone’s ready.
Jul 14, 2021 11:38 pm
I was half-thinking of a Wookie, but not dead set on it yet. I've never played one, but I was thinking that doing one in a PBP might be less annoying than doing one in FTF play, since I could put a translation of what my character's saying in a note.
Jul 15, 2021 1:40 am
Rezart says:
I was half-thinking of a Wookie, but not dead set on it yet. I've never played one, but I was thinking that doing one in a PBP might be less annoying than doing one in FTF play, since I could put a translation of what my character's saying in a note.
That’s a good idea! One of my players in an old game played a Gamorrean with a vocabulator translation machine worn around his neck. He had a great time with the character.
Jul 16, 2021 4:29 pm
Howdy folks. Just a quick update. I put up an example combat grid in the reference section showing a potential ambush scenario. I'm going to be working on the example characters this weekend and should have all that ironed out by the end of the weekend. I'm hoping that we'll be able to start soon, like next week soon. If you have any questions or still are unsure what to play, send a PM. Thanks!

Edit: I just wanted to reiterate that you don't have to wait for the character examples. If you're familiar with making a D6 Star Wars character, then go for it. :) The sooner I see concepts, character backgrounds, questions, and stats from everyone, the sooner I'll be able to better personalize what I have planned around your characters.
Jul 17, 2021 6:38 pm
Character Ideas
I had a few ideas about characters while reading the Alien Race section of the book. I have not looked into the exact Skill mechanics to make sure they make sense, so suggestions/corrections are welcome.

These are merely preliminary ideas. I am still open to play anything that is needed, but sometimes it helps to have someone start the process.

Glancing at the Templates in the back of the book I was struck by the 'Loyal Retainer' as a concept. I would be interested in playing someone's servant if one of you feel like playing someone with some 'noble' heritage (which you have probably lost, due to where we sit in the game, but maybe you retained your loyal servant?).

I am thinking maybe a Gotal (p293), good at finding what their master needs, terrible at most other things. Or maybe a Barabel (p281) bodyguard? Bodyguard is a bit less interesting than a manservant/maidservant, but I can go that route if we need more muscle (we might already have a Wookie for muscle though, and I don't want to step on their toes (good way to lose an arm)).

I also had an idea for a Kel Dor (p298) 'Scout'; maybe using Tech Skills for making poisons and gas grenades? Or a Verpine (304) Tech, they look interesting.

All I know about the races is what is in the REUP book.

Probably the character I have thought about the most (and even that is not a lot, so, still happy to change) is a Falleen 'Grifter,
Manipulator, Seducer'. They would be a Knowledge and Perception based character, skilled at getting information out of people and getting people to do things for us. I even have a first draft backstory for their origin. :)
[ +- ] backstory
Jul 17, 2021 7:04 pm
If you’re set on the Faleen, I think I have their stats and story factors in the Shadows The Empire Sourcebook and in another sourcebook focusing on the Aliens of the galaxy. That character choice would be fine as you described.

I don’t see a problem with any of the others; such as the Kel Dor, Verpine or Gotal. The Barabel wouldn’t be a bad choice either.

I know, it’s hard to pick sometimes, but aside from the Noghri (little Terminators), the aliens of the galaxy are pretty balanced when considering their stat adjustments and story factors.

Let me know if you need me to pick for you. 😁 I’ll roll on it…but I’d rather you do it.
Jul 17, 2021 7:09 pm
Let's see what everyone else wants and what best fits the party. I am happy to play anything, and can easily decide when we know more.
Jul 17, 2021 8:28 pm
I understand. Tomorrow I’m going to post two alien character examples for sure, and hopefully the droid character as well if not by Monday evening.

I have one player character sheet received and accepted. One player has mentioned in private what he’s wanting to play, and I’ll be working with him in developing his character. I wouldn’t feel right about discussing their characters before the game, so we’ll wait and see what everyone comes up with. :)
Jul 17, 2021 8:37 pm
Ah, I did not know we had a character already.
I can not see the sheet for Roooarrgh. If there are any details that are relevant, maybe they can be posted here?
Jul 17, 2021 8:57 pm
vagueGM says:
Ah, I did not know we had a character already.
I can not see the sheet for Roooarrgh. If there are any details that are relevant, maybe they can be posted here?
I logged out, and then found the game which is public, and I was not able to click on the character name. I logged back in, and went back to the game and clicked on the character name and it brought up another page with a link in order to view the character sheet. As far as I know it should work if you’re logged in. I don’t know whether or not there’s permissions set from Rezart that make it to where I’m only the one who can see it, but from what I know right now I would just make sure that you’re logged in and give it a shot.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll ask a mod ASAP.

Since I’m new to the site and I’m kind of fumbling through these things, are players able to see other players Character sheets here regularly and without trouble?
Jul 17, 2021 9:06 pm
I think only the GM can see other's characters' details.
Jul 17, 2021 9:14 pm
I'm thinking of playing something like a merc/bounty hunter.
Jul 17, 2021 9:15 pm
OK, I think it best to leave that up to Rezart. I’ve known people to get upset for not being able to introduce their characters as they see fit.
Jul 17, 2021 9:38 pm
Squadfather44 says:
I'm thinking of playing something like a merc/bounty hunter.
I think you’ll definitely be in the right game for that. :)
Jul 18, 2021 12:54 am
I don't mind people looking at the char sheet, I didn't realize you couldn't see the details. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EzjQoR0JJGo78Cv12m8lYeDbY4pq2ZEKuSPZ-xz-tyk/edit?usp=sharing

I haven't written up any sort of backstory yet, he's a Wookie mechanic is all I know right now. I was going to see which direction people go with their characters before finalizing anything.
Jul 18, 2021 1:09 am
Where's that sheet from? It might be useful.
Jul 18, 2021 1:44 am
vagueGM says:
Where's that sheet from? It might be useful.
I made it, actually. You are welcome to copy it if you'd like.

Just FYI it's not super complex - the formulas will make sure all the dice in a starting template add up (18D stats, 7D skills), and they'll figure out melee weapon damage, but I haven't figured an elegant way to calc experience points yet. Also, the data is copied from ReUp, so there's a small chance that one or two of the skill names might not match 2e ReEx. I left the data tab unlocked to make changes easy though.
Jul 21, 2021 1:01 am
How's everyone's characters coming along?
Jul 21, 2021 1:05 am
Pretty good, almost done.
Jul 21, 2021 3:15 pm
Squadfather44 says:
Pretty good, almost done.
Glad to hear it! I'd like to start soon and so far, I've gotten one completed character sheet. Another character will be coming in tonight after discussing matters with the player. Here's what we have so far:

1. A Wookiee Technician - Rezart (sheet completed)
2. A human or near human bounty hunter -mrpiklik (work in progress)

I'd really like to have everyone to wrap up their character concept, that way, those who are waiting to see how they can compliment the group can do so, and we can get the game started. Thanks!
Jul 21, 2021 4:57 pm
I'll be playing a Human Mercenary
Jul 21, 2021 6:44 pm
I'm thinking Human doctor or combat medic type...
Jul 21, 2021 6:57 pm
Squadfather44 says:
I'll be playing a Human Mercenary
Alrighty. Good to go! Looking forward to seeing your character sheet.

First game post, or the beginning of "Chapter One - Cracks In The Walls" will begin next Monday. Please have your character sheets in to me by Sunday. Thanks!
Jul 21, 2021 7:05 pm
With the definite Technician, a Bounty Hunter, a Mercenary, and a Combat Medic listed; I will go ahead and throw together some stats on that Falleen Grifter/Information Gatherer to round out the team.
Jul 21, 2021 7:33 pm
First draft available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A6o5t2P0QKrts1C8Q0QIrki9bpO3RMmzHMhyXeziymY/edit?usp=sharing
I am not totally sure about the stats, but think this works.
It seems to be that the secret of my assumed identity (in an earlier post) might count as a Skeleton in the Closet Disadvantage? Are we using those rules?
Last edited July 21, 2021 7:34 pm
Jul 21, 2021 9:12 pm
Kezza Czutest - Falleen Grifter
Type: Androgynous Seducer, Grifter and Information Gatherer
Gender/Species: Androgynous Falleen
Height: 2.1m
Weight: 70 kg
Description: Well dressed and obviously from of high status.

DEXTERITY: 3D+1
Pick Pocket: 3D+2, Dodge: 4D+1
PERCEPTION: 4D+2
Persuasion: 6D+2 1D, Sneak: 5D, Search, Hide, Investigation, Con, Gambling
KNOWLEDGE: 4D+2
Languages: 6D+2, Cultures, Alien Species, Streetwise, Willpower
STRENGTH: 2D+1
Swimming: 2D+1 +1D
MECHANICAL: 2D
TECHNICAL: 2D
Security: 3, Computer Programming/Repair: 2D+1

Character Points: 5
Force Sensitive?: No
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 0
Move: 9
Equipment: Blaster, Sporting Pistol 3D+1 10/30/60; Recording Rod

Special Abilities
Attraction Pheromones: Exuding special pheromones and changing skin color to affect others gives Falleen a +1D to their persuasion skill, with an additional +1D for each hour of continuous preparation and meditation to enhance efforts — the bonus may total no more than +3D for any one skill attempt, and the attempt must be made within one hour of completing meditation.

Amphibious: Falleen can "breathe" water for up to 12 hours. They receive a +1D to any swimming skill rolls.

Story Factors
Rare: Falleen are rarely seen throughout the galaxy since the Imperial blockade in their system severely limited travel to and from their homeworld.

Background
While appearing 'graceful' at first glance, Kezza is actually rather clumsy and not very quick on their feet. They also suffer terribly from motion sickness (which is their excuse for not driving, it is not like they were not taught by the best tutors) and get shooken up easily.

Secret Background and Origin
Falleen have a high option of themselves, one of the privileged caste discovered a prostitute that looked like them, spent a lot of time indulging in infatuated 'self love'. As part of that they tried to teach their 'toy' to be as much like them as possible.

Eventually they died (how does not matter here) and were reborn as I stepped into their place.

They were set to go off and wander the galaxy as per tradition, so I took this chance to get as far away from those who would likely recognise me as I could. When expected to return I demurred, the family still keep trying to persuade me --saying they love me, miss me, and want me back-- but I fear it would be impossible to maintain the lie if I were around them all the time.
Jul 23, 2021 4:04 am
Updates and a question...

1) I have a leased ship for all of you (nobody brought up a ship concern with me, so hear you go everybody :) ). Six cabins and a variety of modifications from the stock version. I think it's pretty nice. A YT-2400. I'll be posting the ship stats, design specifics and background on the day of chapter one's first post (Monday).

2) I retroactively decided that there would be a door prize for the first person with their character sheet in. I know, kind of a jerk move on my part to declare a contest after the results are in, but don't worry, I expect you all to find some pretty interesting stuff throughout game play (several items in the first few chapters, if they come into play, are quite rare). Congratulations to Roooargh on receiving the door prize (which will happen early in Chapter One)!

3) Everyone starts with 5 character points. Character points will be given out weekly on Saturdays. I'll be posting more about this shortly to reiterate specifics concerning CP usage in game and for advancement of skills, etc.

4) How do you all feel about knowing each other in advance, or do you all want to have the meeting in Equator City to be the first time you all meet?
Jul 23, 2021 4:13 am
IG77 says:
4) How do you all feel about knowing each other in advance, or do you all want to have the meeting in Equator City to be the first time you all meet?
I don't have strong feelings about this either way.

My character is a social one, so it could be that I know everyone and had a hand in bringing us together?
But it could also be interesting if don't know the rest. This will put me as a bit of a fish out of water among these rough types. Maybe I don't want to be here, but got into trouble and am being coerced into this life?
Jul 23, 2021 4:37 am
IG77 says:
The intro kind of sounds like the opening to a heist or caper movie actually, so our fixer assembling a group of characters who aren't familiar with each other to begin with makes sense. I would like Roooargh to be familiar with the ship and working on it though, even if it's owned by somebody else.
Jul 23, 2021 4:44 am
Also, I hope somebody in the group is some sort of hotshot pilot by the way - Ro has the basics of piloting and astrogation, but he's definitely not the guy when things get hairy (couldn't resist).

Besides, if the ship's in combat, you want the mechanic in the engine room, not the cockpit.
Jul 23, 2021 4:52 am
Kezza is DEFINITELY not the pilot. :)
I am quite happy for Ro to own the ship, or for us to have access to it through Ro.
Jul 23, 2021 5:28 am
Someone with some extra dice behind the space transports skill would be nice, but I don't want players to feel they need to make a pilot if they'd rather play something else. If someone wants to be pilot, cool! If not, then there's plenty of ship board duties for everyone and the financier of this mission is an above average pilot. :)
Jul 23, 2021 5:34 am
Rezart says:
IG77 says:
The intro kind of sounds like the opening to a heist or caper movie actually, so our fixer assembling a group of characters who aren't familiar with each other to begin with makes sense. I would like Roooargh to be familiar with the ship and working on it though, even if it's owned by somebody else.
If you'd like to see it early, I can post it early for any questions if you want Roooargh to be familiar with it.
Jul 23, 2021 12:46 pm
I'm fine either way, but us not knowing each other will make for some interesting rpg interaction.
Jul 23, 2021 6:14 pm
I like the ship, it looks cool! Ro will be in A6 I think, so he'll share a wall with the engine room and maybe hear any strange vibrations or noises that are early warning signs.

I think working on the ship has definitely meant a lot to Ro, and . My headcanon is that Wookies use their claws to leave graffiti and notes and messages to each other everywhere they go. Not important information, just little message and memes and hellos - "Kilroy was here" type stuff. So digging into the ship and seeing all the notes they left has helped him feel connected to this family of Wookies that he never actually met. He was very touched and honored by Doban's gift (and a little embarrassed, since it was a reminder of how he'd kind of slacked of on his fighting lessons as a kid). He'll carry the blade on his back, and try to work on training to be deserving of the blade.
Jul 23, 2021 6:37 pm
Mad points on the ship right up! Mennoe will be honored to serve on it. I'm not sure what position he'd fill though. He's skilled in Starship Gunnery, so he could be one of the gunners. He's also skilled in Starship repairs. So he could even assist in the engine room as well.
Jul 23, 2021 10:35 pm
Any chance we can see more about Mennoe? We players can not see the character sheets. (If we can, please tell me how.)
Jul 24, 2021 1:13 am
vagueGM says:
Any chance we can see more about Mennoe? We players can not see the character sheets. (If we can, please tell me how.)
I think that players not being able to see other players stats was set up by design, though not by me.. I don’t know whether or not everybody wants to publicly post their character sheets, stats and backgrounds. How do you all feel about that?

I may set up a sub forum involving player characters, And you all would be free to post as much or as little about your PC as you’d like. Perhaps at the very least, a physical description.
Jul 24, 2021 2:08 am
I have done so here.

I never saw the point of keeping stats secret, but also don't mind if others want to.

I often create a thread for each character, mainly OOC but sometimes also an IC thread. This gives the player a place to discuss things and gives a place to ask character specific question about them and provides a single place to look for details and reminders. (But then I generally have everyone openly participate in each others' character creation. But that is just my preference.)
Jul 24, 2021 5:17 am
I was at work earlier and forgot to say that I'm glad you guys liked the ship! I also forgot to reference it, so that's what I'm heading off to do.
Jul 24, 2021 4:14 pm
You can share your Character sheet by clicking the 'Add to Library' symbol on your My Characters page. It's the 3rd from the left of the 4 symbols after Character Name, PC , Custom,
Jul 24, 2021 6:16 pm
Esidrix says:
You can share your Character sheet by clicking the 'Add to Library' symbol on your My Characters page. It's the 3rd from the left of the 4 symbols after Character Name, PC , Custom,
Cool! Thanks Esidrix.
Jul 24, 2021 6:41 pm
Will we be using the Wild Die rules in this?
Jul 24, 2021 7:10 pm
Rezart says:
Will we be using the Wild Die rules in this?
Yes. It certainly adds in a chaotic effect of extra chance of critical success or failure. Typically with dice roller software I've seen players declare (ahead of time and agreed upon by everyone) that their first or last dice is their wild dice.
Jul 25, 2021 2:12 am
So, which is it for this game? First or last? It does not make a difference, but, as you say, 'declared ahead of time' is important and the GM can just say now which it is and we stick to it.
Jul 25, 2021 2:19 am
Esidrix says:
Ah, thanks. Good to know.
We still need a link to the character sheet. Players can not click the names in the Game Details page. Posting as the character provides such a link.
Jul 25, 2021 2:57 am
Okay, I’ll work on that tonight after I can get onto something with a larger screen than my phone. (:
Jul 25, 2021 3:02 am
vagueGM says:
So, which is it for this game? First or last? It does not make a difference, but, as you say, 'declared ahead of time' is important and the GM can just say now which it is and we stick to it.
Definitely not the middle one. 😁 With an odd amount of dice, there’s a definite middle, but not with the even.

I think we’ll save the best for last. The last die cast is the wild one.
Jul 25, 2021 6:01 am
Have you seen this: http://www.swgalaxymap.com?

The search function makes it pretty cool, but it also comes with the downside of locking in planet locations in the universe instead of leaving it nebulous. Still, in case you haven't seen it I thought I'd bring it up.
Jul 25, 2021 7:31 am
Rezart says:
Have you seen this: http://www.swgalaxymap.com?

The search function makes it pretty cool, but it also comes with the downside of locking in planet locations in the universe instead of leaving it nebulous. Still, in case you haven't seen it I thought I'd bring it up.
Thanks! I'll have to take a look at it.
Jul 25, 2021 6:44 pm
IG77 says:
First game post, or the beginning of "Chapter One - Cracks In The Walls" will begin next Monday. Please have your character sheets in to me by Sunday. Thanks!
Esidrix, please send your character sheet in as soon as you can. First in game post will be up tomorrow. :)
Jul 25, 2021 8:24 pm
Once you start posting 'in character' clicking on someone's 'face' should take you to the character.
Jul 25, 2021 8:48 pm
Esidrix, where can I find Dan’lo? I’m not seeing a character sheet submission. Thanks.
Jul 26, 2021 12:30 am
While it’s unlikely we’ll be running into any combat in the next day or two IC, I still feel it’s important to go ahead and address this matter now.

What color icon do you want your character to be represented by on a combat grid?
Jul 26, 2021 1:49 am
I'll take blue for Mennoe.
Jul 26, 2021 2:56 am
Green or white make sense for Kezza, given the portrait.
[ +- ] portrait
Jul 26, 2021 2:59 am
I’ll take yellow for Pharo.
Jul 26, 2021 3:01 am
Maybe brown for Roooarrgh? Or something along those lines.
Jul 26, 2021 3:08 am
Hey, mrpiklik. Welcome.
Jul 26, 2021 5:58 am
All right everybody. All colors for combat grids noted.

Awesome portrait for Kezza!
Jul 26, 2021 6:14 am
IG77 says:
Awesome portrait for Kezza!
There were not a lot of Falleen options in the image searches. That one kinda fit, so I went with it.
It has a few too many guns for the character, but maybe that will come later or was just for that portrait... or is just to seem a little tougher and thereby avoid confrontations.

Maybe the real/original Kezza was trained in sporting gun use, and hunting, and I --the replacement-- need to pretend to have had that training. :)
Jul 26, 2021 12:38 pm
For those of us not all that familiar with SW dates, I assume that '2 months prior to the Battle of Yavin' is shortly before the original movie? Right?
Is there anything significant happening at this time that we should be aware of?
Jul 26, 2021 3:02 pm
vagueGM says:
For those of us not all that familiar with SW dates, I assume that '2 months prior to the Battle of Yavin' is shortly before the original movie? Right?
Is there anything significant happening at this time that we should be aware of?
Yes, two months before the destruction of Alderaan at the hands of the first Death Star and then the destruction of the first Death Star in the vicinity of Yavin 4. (basically the galactic events of Episode 4...or as the called it in 1977...STAR WARS) :)

My hope is to tie the events of this story into some of the things that will be happening in Episode IV and beyond, but to answer your question about significance, the Empire is continuing to expand. I think by the end of Chapter Three (as I foresee it), there will be a definite nod to events in Episode IV.

For now, star systems all the way in the Outer Rim at this point are falling under Imperial Control. Depending on where you're at, life may have not changed much (corrupt Republic officials replaced by corrupt Imperial officials), or its gotten better as some Imperial Moffs, similarly to the Romans in antiquity spoke to the rulers of planets and systems and explained that they can join the winning team and enjoy all of the benefits of Imperial knowledge, technology, and that the galactic Emperor was not going to take no for an answer...so, make the best of it and maintain order and peace with all the benefits of the Empire. This greatly benefits people who need and want the basics, like jobs, food, shelter, etc. There are still planets that have been completely devastated by the events of the Clone Wars. The Empire helped clean up some of the those worlds, and continues to do so. On the other hand, people in systems governed by people like the "Rule by fear, Display of power" mentality like Tarkin, have no voice and get a boot or blaster bolt to the head if they dare speak up.

We're in a time that's right on the cusp of moving forward.

There's an event in Episode IV that is briefly mentioned but has great consequences for all Imperial subjects, especially for those who end up getting a boot or blaster bolt to the head if they try to go against the grain. Moff Tarkin mentions that "the Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I've just been given word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away."

Uh oh. No more pesky representatives of the people to give advise to the Emperor on how to conduct business. That was a huge development! The Emperor at the point at where you're at it in the timeline is slowly getting fed up with the bureaucracy and law makers interfering with his plans, so eventually, he gets rid of them and Tarkin further explains to shocked Imperial officers that the regional governors will maintain control (these are Palpatine's hand picked people).

That's the time you're all heading into, and there's quite a bit of tension between people trying to figure out whether the Empire is bad, good, a little of both kind of like the Republic, and of course, depending on where you're sitting things can already be pretty bad (ask the Wookiees and various other races that have been enslaved or have Imperial garrisons interfering in local law enforcement, politics, etc), or it can be quite good (there are peoples who were helped by the Empire either because the Empire saw a benefit or there were benevolent Imperials helping people who needed it).

Once Episode IV rolls around, people will sour on the Empire and tensions get worse (even some Imperials will sour on the Empire), but the Rebellion will unify which it hasn't done so yet in the times you're starting out in (per the events of Rogue One, they were disjointed as all heck).
Jul 26, 2021 3:15 pm
Esidrix will be joining us, and I will be entering him in during my next narration. I don't often ask people to metagame, but don't shoot him when he comes down the steps. :)
Jul 26, 2021 4:24 pm
IG77 says:
Esidrix will be joining us, and I will be entering him in during my next narration. I don't often ask people to metagame, but don't shoot him when he comes down the steps. :)
Lol!!
Jul 26, 2021 4:59 pm
Posting schedule -

I plan to post IC three times a week. Generally it will be a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule for me. This should give everyone time to post. Discussion, travel, and non combat related portions of the game may be a little slower (i.e. it may be Saturday and not Friday for me moving the game along), and combat will likely be quicker, however I won't go any faster than the M, W, F postings of combat round results if we're still waiting for players to declare actions. For example, if combat breaks out on a Monday, a player would have the rest of Monday and all the way up to midnight on Tuesday CST (00:01 is now Wednesday and I may be up). That's anywhere from 36-48 hours of round declaration availability, so that's not too terribly quick, but at a solid pace.

What happens if you miss a combat round? I don't particularly like running PCs as NPCs, but I promise I won't have your character stand there listening to ear buds with their hands in their pockets while blaster fire and explosions are going on all around them. That's not good business to make the PCs a walking target if they're unavailable in RL. I'll play them defensively and try to keep them out of direct fire until I can find out if you're okay in RL. Shi Stuff happens in real life, so I get it if something comes up.

If you know of any upcoming absences, please let us know.

Thanks. :)
Jul 26, 2021 7:11 pm
That's hilarious. In the SW game I'm running, we just added a replacement player to the group. They found him sitting in his room on a ship they just captured... I gave the please don't shoot him warning :)
Jul 26, 2021 8:20 pm
Yeah...

:)

If I'm warning about it, I've seen it done.
Jul 27, 2021 2:10 am
I may from time to time post even more than 3 times a week if it looks like everyone has posted and we can move matters along.
Jul 27, 2021 2:15 am
Have we decide how much we know each other yet?
Did Kezza have a hand in helping put together this team?
Kezza has 6d+2 in Languages, do they understand the Wookie, should I roll, do we want them to translate?
Jul 27, 2021 2:33 am
vagueGM says:
Have we decide how much we know each other yet?
Did Kezza have a hand in helping put together this team?
Kezza has 6d+2 in Languages, do they understand the Wookie, should I roll, do we want them to translate?
I don't think that was ever decided on. That's okay. You're all relatively new to each other and the trip will require going through two regions of space (mid rim to outer rim to wild space), and through the Vergesso asteroids, so I think that you will all have plenty of time to interact before you get to where you're going.

As for Kezza helping out bringing the group together, perhaps. I really think that Roooargh was a Brant recommendation, but the doctor and blasters for hire, I'd talk to them and see what they think.

Wookiees are encountered across the galaxy and have been for some time. I think with a 6D+2 roll, you should do just fine in understanding a Wookiee. I don't think it requires a roll. If you're worried about having invested dice into that skill and now not having to roll for a species that has had a long history with the Republic, I'd say don't be. You are DEFINITELY going to need it if you're going where I think you all will be going. I'm glad someone has it.

So, folks, if you feel your character would understand what Roooargh is saying, so be it. The same goes for if you feel your character would not understand Roooargh. That can all be declared in character. Also, if you feel your character wouldn't understand but want to attempt to try to understand, go ahead and roll.
Jul 27, 2021 2:36 am
Rezart: How do you feel about (mis)understood?
Jul 27, 2021 4:57 am
vagueGM says:
Rezart: How do you feel about (mis)understood?
Well, I think if the majority of the other characters can't understand Wookie, that won't be much fun. I didn't think it was that rare of a language. I don't have the book in front of me, but I believe that you get to speak one language for every die you have in Knowledge, so I was thinking of it like in Star Wars, where everybody seems to understand Chewbacca, but they reply to him in Basic.

I could drop the Wookie and just have him speak Basic if this is going to be aggravating to everybody, but I have to admit that talking like a Wookie was part of the original appeal of the character.
Jul 27, 2021 5:37 am
Keep doing the RRRRR thing as long as you find it fun, it does not bother me.
We could assume --without needing to see it-- that someone (possibly Kezza) translates wookie (I vaguely recall that the language is not called 'wookie'?) for the others, that way we only need to worry about understanding when someone else is alone with Ro?
If you are amenable, I would not mind if Kezza could speak wookie as well, even if their pronunciation is laughable.

From what I recall from the brief reading of the rules (from the REUP, since that is all I have) if you specialise a language to more than 5D then you don't need to roll it, also, once you make ten difficult rolls to understand a language, you are assumed to be fluent and don't need to roll to understand it anymore.
I am not too keen on the 'specialisation' rule, I think they are a bit wonky, overall, and don't want to engage with them.

I do like tracking the number of rolls for each language we encounter and building up that resource. Though I am not sure how the mechanics would work. Language does not seem like a skill that would have the difficulty set beforehand, so what would count as a 'difficult roll'? Maybe just a result that is good enough to meet that barrier?

When we first encounter a language the GM might set an initial level based on how common it is or how likely Kezza is to have encountered it before and say there are already a few rolls counted to that language?
The system as presented is a bit binary, with 9 rolls to understand being the same as 'clueless' and then one more suddenly makes one 'fluent'. I am sure can work that into a more fluid progression.
Jul 27, 2021 5:57 am
I agree with you on the specialization rules - I don't like them for anything in this system really, they don't really fit that well, and they penalize you if you specialize early on.

I looked through the book and I can't find the known language rule anywhere! At the same time, I have a super clear memory of it. It must have been a house rule or something we used back in the day. Per RAW, every language is a skill roll unless you have 5D, which is kinda crazy, especially with Shriiwook (I looked it up) being a difficult language. The situation where the the characters can't talk to somebody and need C3PO happens basically once in the movies.
Jul 27, 2021 6:13 am
Rezart says:
...I don't like them for anything in this system really, they don't really fit that well, and they penalize you if you specialize early on.
Indeed. I think the main problem is the rule that specialisations don't go up when the base-skill goes up.
I was interested in having Sneak, but only in Urban environments (Kezza knows cities, but not jungles). But if I did that, and then later improved Sneak twice, I would be WORSE at sneaking in a city than in a jungle... madness!
Rezart says:
I looked through the book and I can't find the known language rule anywhere! At the same time, I have a super clear memory of it. It must have been a house rule or something we used back in the day.....
Maybe in an earlier edition?
Rezart says:
... Per RAW, every language is a skill roll unless you have 5D, which is kinda crazy, especially with Shriiwook (I looked it up) being a difficult language.
I think I saw a difficulty adjustment for how common or obscure (or difficult) the language is.
Rezart says:
...The situation where the the characters can't talk to somebody and need C3PO happens basically once in the movies.
Really, just the once? Was that in Jabba's palace?
Like I was suggesting, maybe we just don't see it happen because it is not interesting to see. We can only bother with having a character translate when it adds to the story, else we can assume it happens and not show it.
Jul 27, 2021 6:28 am
vagueGM says:
Rezart says:
...The situation where the the characters can't talk to somebody and need C3PO happens basically once in the movies.
Really, just the once? Was that in Jabba's palace?
Like I was suggesting, maybe we just don't see it happen because it is not interesting to see. We can only bother with having a character translate when it adds to the story, else we can assume it happens and not show it.
Nope, even Luke the farmboy can speak to Jabba, no problem, same with the Jawas and everything else. Only time it really comes up is they need C3PO to translate for the Ewoks, but even that doesn't last past the "golden god" scene.
Jul 27, 2021 10:50 am
Esidrix: Is there a reason your Human Medic has a Move of 9? I thought Humans started with Move: 10.
Jul 27, 2021 10:50 am
GM: What gear do we start with, I only listed two items that seemed interesting and relevant to the character. What else should we have?
Jul 27, 2021 12:19 pm
vagueGM says:
Esidrix: Is there a reason your Human Medic has a Move of 9? I thought Humans started with Move: 10.
Typo - Might have already had a beverage when I was posting that.
Jul 27, 2021 12:26 pm
Beverages can slow one down, so that makes sense. :)
Jul 27, 2021 1:10 pm
Quote:
When we first encounter a language the GM might set an initial level based on how common it is or how likely Kezza is to have encountered it before and say there are already a few rolls counted to that language?
The system as presented is a bit binary, with 9 rolls to understand being the same as 'clueless' and then one more suddenly makes one 'fluent'. I am sure can work that into a more fluid progression.
When 3PO was interpreting for the Ewoks, the language was never encountered before (the Imperials didn’t care what the Ewoks had to think) and he referred to the other 6 million languages or forms of communication that he was familiar with (languages at 13D). He understood that they were using a primitive dialect and cross referenced it with something that was familiar and made educated guesses on how to converse with them.

I think that’s the true usage of the language skill. 3PO used his acquired expertise and programs to roll past the required difficulty.

Back when the D6 game books for Star Wars was made, alien languages were a lot more exotic. Since then, 7 movies, scores of books, video games and series have come out showing that alien characters like Wookiees, Rodians, Trandoshans, Twi’leks and even Hutts are encountered more frequently than previously thought. They are understood by others too more often than previously thought (with some exceptions).

I really don’t want to get bogged down in having everyone roll anytime a spacefaring race of people who can’t or won’t speak basic are encountered. If your character doesn’t have much experience in languages and interpretation, then roleplay it out and use it as an opportunity to learn. If your character has a professional or better understanding of languages encountered in the galaxy, then you’re good…until you’re not good. When a rare or unknown language is encountered (it will happen), then I will let you know when a roll is required.

I also think that a rare, unknown or never encountered language shouldn’t depend on a series of 9 failures or successes and then complete fluency on the tenth attempt. That really doesn’t make much sense at all. I’ve had 9+ attempts with French, Spanish and German and certainly am not fluent. It’s kind of a silly rule.

There are certain time/complexity requirements that will be figured out by me in regards to languages for fluency (for new languages not on the scene).

For example, it didn’t appear that Luke understood Chewie in episode four but did understand him in episode five. Years had passed in between the two episodes in which time he listened and interacted. Perhaps ten times, maybe twenty or more? Don’t know for sure, but time seemed to be a big factor (one of my favorite movies is the 13th Warrior; check it out if you haven’t and are interested in seeing how a Muslim during the dark ages learned how to communicate and speak with the Vikings he was traveling with over a period of time). The guy had a knack for languages but it’s still cool.

Complexity and time are big factors.
Quote:
The situation where the the characters can’t talk to somebody and need C3PO happens basically once in the movies.
Exactly. The languages skill will come into play, and just like a blaster, it may be seldom used depending on how you carry yourself, but when you need it…you really need it.
Jul 27, 2021 1:15 pm
vagueGM says:
GM: What gear do we start with, I only listed two items that seemed interesting and relevant to the character. What else should we have?
I don’t have the rulebook in front of me, but I do know that with the templates, equipment and credits really seem to vary depending on what you’re aiming for. I really don’t know what your character should have. That’s something that you need to tell me what your character wants, and then you may be able to have it if approved. What are you looking for?

Generally speaking this is done at character creation, but since we’re very early in the game, I can make an exception.
Jul 27, 2021 2:08 pm
IG77 says:
... What are you looking for? ...
I am not looking for anything. I just noticed all the gear listed on our medic's sheet and figure I would ask if I had missed a step.
I don't know what I want, I don't know what is useful, or what the options are.

I am happy for Kezza to have nothing. There is a reason they are on this mission. We can have them slowly acquire anything that is needed, but all that they really need is their mind and personality, those are their main tools.
Jul 27, 2021 4:14 pm
Most of the non armor and weapon items are typically things like glow rods, ascension guns, aquata breathers, data pads, cred sticks (basically a wallet), flight suits, tools, etc. These items are encountered all over the place, available in most Star ports. The ship likely has a small inventory of things like this. I’m sure Kezza will catch on. As for weapons and armor, maybe not so much in chapter 1, but definitely in chapter 2 there will start to be plenty of things that will be able to be picked up off the ground that have likely only been dropped once.
Jul 27, 2021 4:53 pm
I don't think armor is a thing Kezza would have, nor be accustomed to wearing. The gun is a sporting pistol --possibly from back home and meant to have sentimental value-- and mainly for show. The recording device is a habit and always carried, maybe most conversations are recorded 'for in case', but wiped as the circle-buffer overwrites itself every few days.
Aside from those, let's say Kezza has nothing else.
Jul 27, 2021 4:54 pm
... nothing else, except maybe any needed changes of clothing, or disguise kits?
Jul 27, 2021 5:10 pm
I may be wrong, but doesn't the corebook say, in regards to gear,to list what gear would make sense and not go overboard?
Last edited July 27, 2021 5:10 pm
Jul 27, 2021 5:18 pm
Squadfather44 says:
I may be wrong, but doesn't the corebook say, in regards to gear,to list what gear would make sense and not go overboard?
It may, but "overboard" is subjective, and I feel that a lot of the templates that are in the rules have inventories that are overboard. The bounty hunter has a metric butt-ton of gear, including a thermal detonator. The Smuggler starts with a ship and all contents that are inside the ship, even if it is on lease. Everyone can have a want list, but it doesn’t mean everything will be approved. With this group, I haven’t seen anything that’s been overboard or out of the question in terms of gear/inventory requests.
Jul 27, 2021 7:20 pm
vagueGM says:
If your using a template, it usually has some gear and Credits for personalization. If your starting from scratch, it's on page 24 of the REUP pdf:

Starting Equipment
List reasonable starting equipment for that character. If the gamemaster assigns a starting credit
amount, or if you are rolling on the above "Starting Credits" table, additional equipment may be purchased for a starting character.

Class Credits
Poor: 2D × 100
Average: 2D × 250
Wealthy: 2D × 400

The class is kind of subjective based on concept. I went with average for my guy.
Last edited July 27, 2021 7:22 pm
Jul 27, 2021 9:58 pm
That's cool! Good for future reference.

Esidrix, you're good to go for posting in character. Brought you into where the other PCs are at with last post.
Jul 28, 2021 3:28 pm
I am not sure where is best to discuss OOC issues related to the current RP. I am used to, um, 'more sophisticated' tools where there is an OOC space alongside the RP threads. Do we post OOC messages in the RP thread for this sort of thing?

Anyway, I deliberately had Kezza hesitate and not forcefully stake a claim on the cabin they wanted, so if someone wants to muscle in and snag it first they will have to live with it.
Someone perceptive may have noticed their leanings towards that cabin, but if no one did, then that is also interesting for the story.
Someone perceptive may have noticed that Kezza is looking lost and want to help, but if not, then they will make do.

I will hold off on responding till we know if Esidrix intended for Dan'lo to take the cabin from Kezza --OOC this is welcome, and will bring some drama, if we want it.
Jul 28, 2021 4:03 pm
No argument, I just overlooked the cabin preference in your thread. I need to slow down when reading :) - I went a head and edited my post to indicate I saw you heading there.
Jul 28, 2021 4:05 pm
vagueGM says:
I am not sure where is best to discuss OOC issues related to the current RP. I am used to, um, 'more sophisticated' tools where there is an OOC space alongside the RP threads. Do we post OOC messages in the RP thread for this sort of thing?
You can. Players and I have already done so. Look at the bottom of some of the posts. You’ll see "OOC" or "OOCC" followed by comments that clarify matters. You also have the ability to post in the OOC Thread.
vagueGM says:

Anyway, I deliberately had Kezza hesitate and not forcefully stake a claim on the cabin they wanted, so if someone wants to muscle in and snag it first they will have to live with it.
Someone perceptive may have noticed their leanings towards that cabin, but if no one did, then that is also interesting for the story.
Someone perceptive may have noticed that Kezza is looking lost and want to help, but if not, then they will make do.
Okay, so eyeing cabin 3 (which I see you mentioned IC) but not taking the cabin and instead exploring the ship (which was not mentioned before IC, but is being mentioned now in the OOC thread). Noted. It’s however you want to handle it.
vagueGM says:
I will hold off on responding till we know if Esidrix intended for Dan'lo to take the cabin from Kezza --OOC this is welcome, and will bring some drama, if we want it.
That’s fine too. I honestly think it was a mistake or typo, but we’ll see.
Jul 28, 2021 4:06 pm
Esidrix says:
No argument, I just overlooked the cabin preference in your thread. I need to slow down when reading :) - I went a head and edited my post to indicate I saw you heading there.
...and there we have it. Issue resolved. Post away vagueGM! :)
Jul 28, 2021 4:32 pm
Esidrix says:
No argument, I just overlooked the cabin preference in your thread ...
No worries. Would have been fine, but I just wanted to make sure it was a thing.
IG77 says:
.. instead exploring the ship (which was not mentioned before IC, but is being mentioned now in the OOC thread). Noted. It’s however you want to handle it.
Nope, not exploring, just standing looking lost. :)

There is also an OOC tag available on the menu, it styles that part so people can easily see it is OOC.
I have used this in an earlier post. I just did not want to add a new post that was purely OOC to handle this chat which did not belong in the RP thread.

Adding an OOC to an existing post is risky, the site does not provide any feedback about it so these are easily overlooked.
Jul 28, 2021 4:43 pm
vagueGM says:
Esidrix says:
No argument, I just overlooked the cabin preference in your thread ...
No worries. Would have been fine, but I just wanted to make sure it was a thing.
IG77 says:
.. instead exploring the ship (which was not mentioned before IC, but is being mentioned now in the OOC thread). Noted. It’s however you want to handle it.
Nope, not exploring, just standing looking lost. :)

There is also an OOC tag available on the menu, it styles that part so people can easily see it is OOC.
I have used this in an earlier post. I just did not want to add a new post that was purely OOC to handle this chat which did not belong in the RP thread.

Adding an OOC to an existing post is risky, the site does not provide any feedback about it so these are easily overlooked.
Okay, you're not exploring the ship, but still manage to find cabin 3 and eye it while standing around looking lost. Noted.

In terms of responding in an IC thread with an OOC comment, use whatever makes you comfortable. If you want to use the tag, great. If you just want to type OOCC or OOC and then your out of character comments in the IC thread, that's fine too.
Jul 29, 2021 2:00 am
A sum up what’s happening, since a lot has been typed:

Mennoe is speaking with Varn in the cockpit.
Dan’lo is looking at something odd in the infirmary.
Kezza is in their cabin.
Lynax is presumably in the lounge.
Roooarg is in the engine room.

After Mennoe and Dan’lo have brought what they’re doing to a conclusion, I’ll likely move us along to arrival (unless there is more interaction). Does anyone have an issue with that?
Jul 29, 2021 12:32 pm
If we want to use the new dice highlighting feature the GM can add this to the game:

{
"diceRules":[
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"highlight":"underline"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold underline"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold underline"}
]
}

This looks at the last die and colors it red if it is a 1 and green if it is a 6, and underlines them, reminding us about the Wild Die.
This is on a per game basis, so the GM needs to enable it if we want it to work. See the official post about the feature and how to set it up.

We can also try the 'dice rolling macros'.
The GM needs to add {"characterSheetIntegration":true} to the setting mentioned above.

If we want both the sheet based rolling and the highlights:

{
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold underline"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold underline"}
],
"characterSheetIntegration":true
}

We each then need to add a table to our sheets if we want access to the quick roller. Here is one for my sheet, adjust numbers as needed. (The 'code' tag adds a whole lot of blank lines, you don't need them, it may be easier to Quote this post and then copy from the edit window, include the spoiler tags or the table will display on your sheet all the time, your call.):

[spoiler="rolls table"]
[table="rolls"]
Attribute  | Skill         |      roll
Dexterity  |               |     3D6+1
           | Pick Pocket   |     3D6+2
           | Dodge         |     4D6+1
Perception |               |     4D6+2
           | Persuasion    | 6D6+2+1D6
           | Persuasion 2  | 6D6+2+2D6
           | Persuasion 3  | 6D6+2+3D6
           | Sneak         |       5D6
           | Search        |     4D6+2
           | Hide          |     4D6+2
           | Investigation |     4D6+2
           | Con           |     4D6+2
           | Gambling      |     4D6+2
Knowledge  |               |     4D6+2
           | Languages     |     6D6+2
           | Cultures      |     4D6+2
           | Alien Species |     4D6+2
           | Streetwise    |     4D6+2
           | Willpower     |     4D6+2
Strength   |               |     2D6+1
           | Swimming      | 2D6+1+1D6
Mechanical |               |       2D6
Technical  |               |       2D6
           | Security      |       3D6
           | Computers     |     2D6+1
[/table]
[/spoiler]

Shout if you need any help.
Jul 29, 2021 1:14 pm
Thoughts on this everyone? No one is required to do this, but for those interested, I’ll tinker around and set the codes up on my end when I can (next few days). Thanks.
Jul 29, 2021 2:02 pm
I need help. Where is the "advanced rules definitions" the GM must enter code into located?
Jul 29, 2021 2:21 pm
Click Edit the game's Details page, then you will see it at the bottom, right above the Save button.
Jul 29, 2021 2:35 pm
vagueGM says:
Click Edit the game's Details page, then you will see it at the bottom, right above the Save button.
Alrighty, I’ll take a look at that later tonight. Thanks.
Jul 29, 2021 6:35 pm
Testing

Rolls

Test 1 - (4d6)

(6146) = 17

Jul 29, 2021 6:38 pm
It looks like I’ve used up at least two weeks worth of good luck to perform the test. If anybody else wants to add the codes described by vagueGM to their character sheets, it should be up and running.
Jul 30, 2021 4:27 am
Don't forget to change the numbers from the example I posted. Those are Kezza's, you can't have them. :)
I can make a table with all the Abilities and Skills listed if people think it would be useful, you would still need to fill in the details. Working out export a rolls table from something like Google Sheets would be cool.

I chose to fill in the dice for some Skills that were the same as the Attribute (unupgraded), that way I can click on the Skill and have it autofill and use the right 'Reason'. I only did the ones that I though looked interesting for Kezza during Character Creation.

You can also leave the unchanged Skills off the list, click the Attribute, then edit the Reason before you hit Post.
You can edit the number of dice on the fly, just click what you want to roll then change the dice in the Roll field.
Jul 30, 2021 4:39 am
I'm sorry for any confusion, but since Roooargh is the ship's engineer and there is availability to do astrogation in engineering, that's where I thought he was at. There wasn't any interaction to speak of between him and those that were in the cockpit, nor did I recall him referencing anyone near him.

In any case, this is a small ship (Roooargh will be found in a matter of seconds if in one place or the other), and I know I have players who are interested in getting to where the mission calls, and we've been dealing with the screw in the wall situation now for 36 hours of real time. Let's wrap this up with some Perception/Search checks. Thank you.
Jul 30, 2021 4:45 am
If you want the dice code to automatically roll the damage at the same time it rolls to hit, you can use `3D6+1, 4D6` as the dice code in the table. You will get two lines in the dice results. They are unlabeled , so you need to remember that the to hit comes first and the damage second (ignore it if you did not hit).
A sample line for the table could be something like:

| Attribute  | Skill            |        roll | Range    |
| Dexterity  |                  |       3D6+1 |          |
|            | Pick Pocket      |       3D6+2 |          |
|            | Dodge            |       4D6+1 |          |
|            | Sporting Blaster | 3D6+1, 3D+1 | 10/30/60 |

The 'Range' field/column (any field after the Roll) is ignore and just for your information.
Jul 30, 2021 5:07 am
Looks like the dice does are case sensitive or --more likely-- the highlight code is. :(
The GM can add a few lines to cover capital Ds:

{
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"highlight":"underline"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold"}
],
}
Jul 30, 2021 5:09 am
vagueGM says:
Looks like the dice does are case sensitive or --more likely-- the highlight code is. :(
The GM can add a few lines to cover capital Ds:

{
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold"},
{"rolled":"d6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"highlight":"underline"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"natural":6,"highlight":"success bold"},
{"rolled":"D6","lastDie":true,"natural":1,"highlight":"fail bold"}
],
}
Just wanted to be clear...Add these and not subtract what's already in there, correct?
Jul 30, 2021 5:14 am
You can just replace the whole thing with the new one.

All it does is add the three lines for D6, and the comma (json is picky).
Jul 30, 2021 5:33 am
vagueGM says:
You can just replace the whole thing with the new one.

All it does is add the three lines for D6, and the comma (json is picky).
Alrighty, should be good to go now.
Jul 30, 2021 2:12 pm
Moving ahead through the next 24 traveling hours tonight…
Jul 31, 2021 2:53 am
A Stripes reference? In Star Wars?
::monocle pops out::
Jul 31, 2021 2:23 pm
Rezart says:
That’s a fact Jack! 😁
Jul 31, 2021 2:58 pm
IG77 says:
Rezart says:
That’s a fact Jack! 😁
Well done! Lol
Jul 31, 2021 8:01 pm
Thanks! I had fun with entering the Stripes reference. My family has been using it for a long time.
Jul 31, 2021 9:19 pm
I posted everyone's CP in the Character Points thread. Go ahead and add your character points to your character sheets and let me know if you've improved any skills and your subtracted cp totals for doing so. If you need help, I posted some information below your totals that may help. If not, let me know. Thanks.
Aug 1, 2021 8:21 pm
I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Moving forward in 24 hours to give everyone a chance to act or give their takes on the situation.
Aug 2, 2021 2:18 pm
Quote:
I also did not plan for much time to have passed. Just enough for someone to feed Kezza a line of technobabble to repeat. Then Varn stepped in before they could and I feel Kezza has lost the conversation.
If anyone has any suggestions about how to proceed we can try, but, OOC, I am quite happy to have Kezza storm off in a huff and leave it up to Varn, this can set a tone for some tension between them (Kezza might assume some racism, or might not, yet at any rate) and will add to their lack of happiness being here.
I’ve had a bit more time to think about this, so I figured I’d let you know how I’m seeing it and ask for some clarification as to how to proceed.

-The clock is always ticking. Varn is assuming that since Kezza was hired as a persuasion/bs artist, they’d be familiar with doing so, and would perform.
-Kezza has been prompted in character and out of character to act, and yet hasn’t yet done any persuasion or con attempts.
-Varn has stepped in and answered calls because in this potentially life threatening scenario, Kezza hasn’t responded to anything except Varn.
-If Kezza doesn’t do something in the next six hours, I hope I don’t hear any complaints out of character about missed opportunities to act. Kezza has had several opportunities and has kind of waffled out of making a decision.
-While a line of technobabble will be useful for a final convincing for the Imps to "let this one go," its not required for a simple BS response to the Imp Captain, or a persuasion or con roll to back up whatever lie you tell. This hasn't been done yet at all.
-With all of that said, what’s it going to be? Is Kezza going to walk off in a huff, respond to the Imperial Captain with a lie to buy some time, hand that call to Varn and continue to wait for someone to hand Kezza a line of technobabble, or continue to complain about Varn’s actions due to their own inaction? Again, lots of options. Let me know ASAP. We're approaching "times up" on the Imperials patience.
Aug 2, 2021 2:40 pm
I was waiting for the other players to get involved, allowing those with the relevant skills to contribute details to the persuasion.
I did not know who else was in the cockpit, but assumed everyone could respond from where they were anyway. The question was not addressed to anyone in particular, but to everyone, as per the OOC.
One player had asked about how such a contribution would work, I made a suggestion, then an hour later (out of game time) Varn stepped in and started the conversation, making it much harder for Kezza to do their job.
Therefor I responded in character to this new situation, and in game time has passed because of it.
I was still waiting to see if anyone wanted to help Kezza in the next few hours.
I will assume the situation in the engine room is known to us and put together a response as though someone told Kezza enough for them to formulate a lie.
Aug 2, 2021 2:50 pm
vagueGM says:
I was waiting for the other players to get involved, allowing those with the relevant skills to contribute details to the persuasion.
I did not know who else was in the cockpit, but assumed everyone could respond from where they were anyway. The question was not addressed to anyone in particular, but to everyone, as per the OOC.
One player had asked about how such a contribution would work, I made a suggestion, then an hour later (out of game time) Varn stepped in and started the conversation, making it much harder for Kezza to do their job.
Therefor I responded in character to this new situation, and in game time has passed because of it.
I was still waiting to see if anyone wanted to help Kezza in the next few hours.
I will assume the situation in the engine room is known to us and put together a response as though someone told Kezza enough for them to formulate a lie.
As far as I've been able to tell:

Pharo and Strata are buckled in or in the lounge or infirmary. Rooargh and Coeburn are in the engine room. Coeburn has made an adjustment to the drive. The ship reacts to this adjustment and it can be felt in the cockpit. We can assume that MRT has relayed the situation to the cockpit with information on a potential radiation leak. That's should be a wealth of information in dealing with the Imperials.
Aug 2, 2021 3:19 pm
I think what I'm going to start doing is for ship board type scenarios, I'm going to start having people declare where they're at to eliminate any confusion. If they don't declare, they're buckling in. There wasn't any mention of Dan'lo or Lynax moving to the cockpit (we can only assume they buckled in or are elsewhere). Coeburn left the cockpit after arriving with a suggestion. Coeburn then joined Roooargh in the cockpit. That left Kezza and Varn in the cockpit.
Aug 2, 2021 3:25 pm
Do we need to know at that level of detail where people are? I assumed we could communicate from anywhere in the ship?
Aug 2, 2021 3:26 pm
With regard to spending the Force Point. Do we know beforehand how difficult the test is? We are new to this, so we are still calibrating.
Aug 2, 2021 3:38 pm
vagueGM says:
With regard to spending the Force Point. Do we know beforehand how difficult the test is? We are new to this, so we are still calibrating.
This whole encounter was a test to see what people would do and it will help me shape the game to include more people in future encounters. It's a learning experience for everyone. I can't give you exact information but I'm using this as a guide:

1-5 Very Bad Outcome (attacked)
6-10 Bad Outcome (boarded)
11-15 Not Good But Manageable
16-20 Good Outcome
21+ Better than Expected Outcome
30 Excellent Outcome
Aug 2, 2021 3:44 pm
Understood.
48 on the roll and the Wild die was a 6. What does that mean again? Exploding reroll?
Aug 2, 2021 3:52 pm
vagueGM says:
Understood.
48 on the roll and the Wild die was a 6. What does that mean again? Exploding reroll?
Roll in the in character chapter thread please. If you get a 6 on the wild dice, reroll the next d6 with another post and we'll add it.
Aug 2, 2021 3:54 pm
IG77 says:
vagueGM says:
Understood.
Roll in the in character chapter thread please. If you get a 6 on the wild dice, reroll the next d6 with another post and we'll add it.
Never mind. It looks like you edited it in. Yes, reroll the last 6 and add.
Aug 2, 2021 4:15 pm
I added the Wild Die and got a 3.
Aug 2, 2021 4:24 pm
vagueGM says:
I added the Wild Die and got a 3.
Yes, that's quite the substantial total. 51.

Okay, I'll be going forward in the next few hours (after 3 pm CST).
Aug 2, 2021 9:56 pm
I'll give everyone a chance to talk, voice their concerns, etc. after this encounter before moving forward on Wednesday. If you're all ready to forward, please let me know. I may move forward sooner if we have a majority wanting to do so. Thanks.
Aug 3, 2021 3:58 am
I figured we'd use something like this whenever there's another shipboard scenario to avoid confusion. This is my best guess as to where everyone is at post Shocksnare encounter. I'll ask everyone where they are at the beginning of a ship board scenario/crisis and if players or NPCs move, I'll update the map. With 5+ people moving around, it'd be good to know who's next to you (or if anyone is next to you).

https://i.imgur.com/wkio1DX.png
Aug 5, 2021 2:13 pm
mrpiklik is on vacation, so I'll be moving him along with the group. Moving forward tonight at midnight CST.
Aug 6, 2021 6:21 pm
Im not super deep on Star Wars lore, I looked up Ryyk blade on Wookiepedia. They seem to be sorta of a ceremonial blade? Would it be fitting to be clearing brush with something like this?

I would imagine that hacking their way through the jungle is probably unusual for Wookies, they'd normally just climb and jump between the trees, but not everyone here can do that.
Aug 6, 2021 6:33 pm
Rezart says:
Im not super deep on Star Wars lore, I looked up Ryyk blade on Wookiepedia. They seem to be sorta of a ceremonial blade? Would it be fitting to be clearing brush with something like this?

I would imagine that hacking their way through the jungle is probably unusual for Wookies, they'd normally just climb and jump between the trees, but not everyone here can do that.
Some of them may be specifically for ceremonies and others not so much.

Below, I'll be paraphrasing and quoting from the Star Wars D20 Arms and Equipment Guide (page 29):

"The traditional melee weapon of the Wookiees of Kashyyyk, a ryyk blade is a long machete with a hide wrapped grip." The book shows two pictures on the page, one being a curved sickle-like knife, the other looks like a big machete (the kind previously owned by Shaam). The book indicates that "blade and grip designs vary widely" and "all have their origin in broad blades originally used to clear overgrowth and later adapted into melee weapons."

This really is the only exotic weapon or device that you've all come across as of yet. I plan on drawing out what the blade looks like and as time goes on, and you all find more things, I'll elaborate in a Exotic Weapons and Strange Devices Thread.

But back to the point: I think the blade would be perfect for hacking through vegetation, in fact, it has a secondary function to do just that.
Aug 7, 2021 7:09 am
I am spending 3 character points to raise Droid Repair from 3D6+1 to 3D6+2
Aug 7, 2021 3:51 pm
Rezart says:
I am spending 3 character points to raise Droid Repair from 3D6+1 to 3D6+2
Alrighty! Go ahead and make the change if you haven't already. I'll be issuing out character points later.
Aug 7, 2021 4:10 pm
I did forgot to roll the bonus die in Initiative.
I can add it if Kezza going early can help others, else I am happy to gift it to someone else (with a shouted warning?) if the rules allow and we think it will benefit the party more.
Aug 7, 2021 6:58 pm
vagueGM says:
I did forgot to roll the bonus die in Initiative.
I can add it if Kezza going early can help others, else I am happy to gift it to someone else (with a shouted warning?) if the rules allow and we think it will benefit the party more.
Go ahead and add it in. It will assist in giving direction for anyone who can give the direction.
Aug 7, 2021 7:11 pm
Added it, got a 1. Not sure what that means, it was probably the last die, so the Wild one, so not good. :)
Aug 9, 2021 10:19 pm
IG77 says:
For example, if combat breaks out on a Monday, a player would have the rest of Monday and all the way up to midnight on Tuesday CST (00:01 is now Wednesday and I may be up). That's anywhere from 36-48 hours of round declaration availability, so that's not too terribly quick, but at a solid pace.
I just wanted to reiterate what I said a few weeks ago. I think Kenny Loggins would agree that you're all in the "danger zone" IC. I'll be going forward at my earliest convenience on Wednesday with how the round plays out. If everyone gets their actions in sooner, I may be able to go forward sooner. You're all getting between 36-48 hours to respond per round. If you have any questions regarding movement, movement in relation to the map, actions, penalties for multiple actions, etc., we can discuss it here or by PM.
Aug 14, 2021 4:04 pm
Going forward in 24 hours. Thanks.
Aug 24, 2021 6:22 am
I'm going to wait to get up to 20cp and then boost my DEX. I assume we are OK to spend mid adventure as long as we don't do it during an encounter or something, right?
Aug 31, 2021 5:12 am
We still going?
Sep 11, 2021 5:28 pm
OK, I'm going to withdraw. Good luck to everyone.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.