BBcode legend discussion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 29, 2021 6:19 pm
The 'font' stuff is not just 'font stuff' it is any CSS. Examples (links to?) would be useful.
Sep 29, 2021 6:34 pm
vagueGM says:
The 'font' stuff is not just 'font stuff' it is any CSS. Examples (links to?) would be useful.
Like links to available fonts or colors?
Sep 29, 2021 7:02 pm
AgencyFB font

OstrichSans font

Neuropol font

Kelt font

Dumbledor font

Aniron font

OpenSans_Regular font

Cursive Font
Sep 29, 2021 7:06 pm
skeptical_stun says:
vagueGM says:
Like links to available fonts or colors?
I meant, like links to 'examples of useful CSS attributes', some are mentioned here, in this thread, some in others.

But good, safe fonts and colors might be useful as well. We shouldn't assume others see things the way we do, fonts are tricky on the web, and possibly best kept as simple as possible.

It is more important to convey information clearly than to make it look pretty.
Sep 29, 2021 8:38 pm
I read somewhere that it's more based on what fonts the individual user has installed rather than what BBCode can support. I wonder if there's a standard list for the major browsers. I can definitely see the attraction to having more colorful fonts to give certain NPCs a bit more flavor
Sep 29, 2021 8:46 pm
Jabes’s list are the ones built into the site. They’ll be fine.
Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm
Adam says:
Jabes’s list are the ones built into the site. They’ll be fine.
And who's idea was it to build Comic Sans into the site? *picks up pitchfork* :P
Last edited September 29, 2021 8:57 pm
Sep 29, 2021 9:03 pm
Okay - that's an exception. Cursive is a browser-specific one, each device might render it differently. If you get Comic Sans then that's on you for using a PC.
Sep 29, 2021 9:09 pm
I see cursive, but then I'm on Chrome on mobile. I'm trying to think of what other fonts folks could want....maybe a robotic language or something?
Sep 29, 2021 9:12 pm
Quote:
Okay - that's an exception. Cursive is a browser-specific one, each device might render it differently. If you get Comic Sans then that's on you for using a PC.
*shakingly turns pitchfork to face myself*
Oct 4, 2021 4:27 pm
GMs - Please use this tag only for evil

The existence of a note tips players off to the fact you're being sneaky.

Create a note, but change the opening and closing tags to the word "private" instead of note.

https://i.imgur.com/R074fAy.png

The DM will see what they've done, but it'll appear like a normal block of text to the relevant players. No note tags, or private tags or anything.

I've used this to give different players different maps, with one pair of players having extra text too.

https://i.imgur.com/g5CR0fS.jpg

I hope GMs running Halloween games have a lot of fun with this. 😈
Last edited October 4, 2021 4:31 pm
Oct 4, 2021 5:42 pm
Random Question about this what happens if the post only has the Private in it?
Oct 4, 2021 5:42 pm
Last edited October 4, 2021 6:25 pm
Oct 4, 2021 6:23 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
[private="KoldikSteelskin"]also is it enabled yet? I guess not :([private]
End it with /private
You forgot the /
Dec 19, 2021 4:42 pm
The guide to gamer's plan BBC code is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you!
Dec 19, 2021 4:42 pm
Absolutely, a stellar job putting it together!
Dec 19, 2021 4:59 pm
Amazing work Adam, though we may have to take your developer badge away... developers don't traditionally write documentation. :)
Dec 19, 2021 5:39 pm
Nice, we finally have some documentation.
Dec 19, 2021 5:48 pm
Great work on the BBCode documentation, @Adam! May I suggest linking to it from @Naatkinson's New GP Member Guide &/or one of @Qralloq's videos?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.