Scene 4: Primal Force

load previous
Jul 28, 2021 3:23 pm
"Oh yeah, we could try to sort out the power. Or Yumin could see if she can take it home with her, or something like that? All I can say for sure is which chair is the comfiest..." Eric points to a chair, "That one there."

Eric gets up and give Mikael some of the files he found. "Marks seems to be the thickest, maybe there's something there." Eric walks over to Mikael and flicks through the file to see if there's any useful information in it.
Jul 28, 2021 5:06 pm
There doesn't seem to be anything too useful in that file either. There are some remarks about how intelligent Mark is and that he might make for a good apprentice but no real indication as to what that means.

One remark near the very end of the thin file catches Eric's eye but other than that, most of the notes seem fairly pointless.

Gets along well with Vagabonds
Spends a lot of time in Marshes with them. Beautiful photos
Totem Clan? Don't think so
Have they told him about MF?
Jul 29, 2021 12:43 am
Mikael's eyes go wide as the other enter the room. The look on Peter's face says more than his words. "Shit, you guys. What was this doctor up to here? She seems to have had a lot interest in Mark, which is pretty weird. I know if my doctor kept these kinds of notes on me, I'd be a little creeped out."

He juts a thumb at the computer and turns to Yumin. "There was an electrical panel outside that looked tampered with. Any chance you might know how to get the power back on and get that computer going? I get the feeling we'll find something helpful on there."

KCC

Jul 29, 2021 7:11 am
An excuse to go outside and breathe fresh air.

"Yes!…" she sounds a little too eager.

"Y.. yeah, I can give it a shot! One sec!"

Yumin goes out, quietly checking if the coast is clear, before hunching down at the electrical box and taking a look.
OOC:
Tinker?
Last edited July 29, 2021 7:11 am

Rolls

6d6

(653223) = 21

Jul 29, 2021 7:38 am
OOC:
Tinker sounds right
Yumin quickly heads out side and towards the switchbox. Peter looks after her, clearly considering following her, but he stays inside with the rest of the group. She looks the box over and finds that nothing here has been broken, just disconnected, and it looks very intuitive how it needs to be connected. She quickly fixes it and as soon as everything is back in place, the light in the kitchen and hallway turn on.

The other teens inside realize that Yumin must have fixed the electricity and while she is coming back inside, they turn on the computer.
Unfortunately, it boots up to a password screen, blocking you from accessing any of the information on it.
OOC:
If you want to get access to the computer, one of you could try Program to bypass the password protection.
Jul 29, 2021 8:03 am
Sabine moves quickly through the house and turns off the lights that are on to keep passerby from noticing them.

KCC

Jul 29, 2021 8:50 am
Yumin comes back in, brushing some dust off her hands from when she hunched down.

"Good thinking!" she says to Sabine, as she turns off the lights. Strangely, she feels better here than she did at Mark’s house. She can actually do something here to help.

She approaches the computer, and frowns.

"Never easy!" she slides into the chair in front of it.

"Let me take a look at this thing!" she says, rolling up her sleeves a bit.

Rolls

8d6

(11642524) = 25

Jul 29, 2021 9:02 am
Yumin takes one look at the password protection and realizes that it is very poorly made. With a few key clicks, she manages to get past it without even having to enter any password at all. The computer looks barely used. There is just one folder, called "Patient Files". Looking into it, Yumin finds nothing that they haven't already seen in the printed versions. Barely any information on anyone, except Mark and his aunt.

Aside from that, there is only one plain text note file. Yumin opens it and finds just an unformatted short paragraph inside.
Quote:
The project is completed and I have finally succeeded. My technology will save humanity from itself. I almost can't believe it. Now it only remains to return to the bunker and terminate the trial subject. It will put a strain on my relationship with the robots of course, but I'm sure I can make them understand.

KCC

Jul 29, 2021 9:08 am
Yumin mutters along with the paragraph, reading it aloud for the others.

At the end, she asks:

"Bunker. Did anyone see anything about a bunker?"
Jul 30, 2021 5:44 am
"So err, what exactly did you guys find downstairs? Any clues about this bunker?"

Eric looks at Mark's notes again,

"It seems Mark was friends with those robots he took pictures of. Do you think they could be the ones who took this 'doctor'?" Eric air quotes while saying the word doctor. "I guess we either need to find this bunker, or.. track down the robots? If they were Mark's friends, maybe we can befriend them too and find out what's going on."
Jul 30, 2021 9:31 am
"It was an awful sight." Sabine tells Eric. "Dr. Frankenstein created something down there and now its gone like she is."

"There were several old crates down there with KAB III stenciled on them." She recalls. "Could those have been taken from a military bunker?"

"Mark's notes said he thought that those who took the doctor may have been the Totem Clan, because the Shaman was not with them. Since he was familiar with these robots, it stands to reason, he was unfamiliar with the robots that took the doctor because they were ones he'd not seen before." Sabine says. "We should find this Shaman. The photos are from the Torslunda Marshes. We should start looking there."
Jul 30, 2021 10:51 am
"I agree," Mikael says with a nod, "but tomorrow, after I get some proper sleep. I should get back home and see if my parents even noticed I was gone. All that in the basement, it's really disturbing. This doctor is disgusting. What do you bet whoever took her had a good reason for it? I'm getting the sense that these robots in the marsh might be the key to all of this. Hmm...you guys think those experiments the doctor was doing might be putting human brains into robot bodies or something?"

EDIT: no school tomorrow! wooo!!!
Last edited July 30, 2021 5:00 pm
Jul 30, 2021 11:00 am
OOC:
:Psst! Tomorrow is Saturday.
"Brains? Maybe." Sabine replies to Mikael. "Although, if all the graffiti and my experience are an indication, I'd say aim a little lower."
Jul 30, 2021 8:53 pm
Mikael suddenly begins to sway in place for a moment, as if dizzy, before he catches himself again and returns to normal.

bowlofspinach sent a note to C1NDER
Jul 30, 2021 9:29 pm
"Mikael? Are you alright?" Sabine notices the sudden change in him as they were in conversation. "We should leave, unless anyone can think of something we haven't checked here. Saturday's are not as busy as a school day, but I do have work tomorrow and a voice lesson."

KCC

Jul 31, 2021 3:46 am
"Yes. Let’s get out of here… and quick."

She sees what happened to Mikael, but doesn’t want to make a fuss and embarrass him. It’s happened to almost everyone now. It’ll happen again too.

Yumin will disconnect the electricity again before leaving, trying to leave everything as they found it.

"You never know!" she says to the group.

"The Marsh then? Tomorrow, sometime?"
Jul 31, 2021 4:38 am
Eric follows the rest of the group towards the door.

"Okay, sure... Marshes tomorrow then. Do we have any idea where in the marsh it is? Where should we meet to get there?"

"I've got hockey tomorrow morning, I can't really miss it again, missing two evenings is bad enough, but a whole morning... The coach would kill me. So lets say tomorrow afternoon at whoever's house is closest to the Marsh.
Last edited July 31, 2021 5:06 am
Jul 31, 2021 10:04 am
Mikael's world spins for a moment, a sense of weird vertigo that comes and goes almost out of nothing. He feels nauseous as he comes out of it. "What the hell was that?" he expresses, a little out of breath. He straightens himself and responds to Sabine, "Yeah, I think I'm okay. I felt like my body was expanding all of a sudden, like I was getting bigger. It felt like my bones were all stressing against my skin, wanting to break...then gone, nothing." He looks to the others with a worried stare, "We need to figure out what's going on with all this. How long before everyone in the town is getting these attacks? What if they get worse, or just start happening more?"

He listens to everyone discuss the next steps and nods in agreement. "My house is probably closest, I think. If I remember right, the marsh is a little ways away from Mark's house, so we can leave from my place, head past his house and get there that way. 13:00 okay with everyone to meet up?"
Jul 31, 2021 6:19 pm
"That will work me." Sabine agrees with Mikael's suggestion. "Although, I do need to work the closing shift at Hål i Öronmask. I should be okay if I get there around 18:00 hours. Saturday night is Leo's date night and have to cover. No problem if others want to hang in the back room while I tend the store."

She looks askant to Mikael. "May I use your phone for a few minutes? I want to call Kajsa's house, see if she's there, and let her know we are all relatively well, so she doesn't worry."
Last edited July 31, 2021 6:21 pm
Aug 1, 2021 9:04 am
As Eric leaves the building he turns to look over his shoulder at the graffiti on the wall.

"Ach, someone's got to do something about that..."

On his way home Eric stops at a local shop buys a few cans of spray paint in various colours.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.