Let the rivers run red: Viking in the Bronze Age

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 22, 2021 7:47 am
Bronze Age - Denmark - Early Bronze Age

It is a dark time, Danelaw has been conquered, crushed under the bootheel of Emperor Jom the Hated. Jom, a Swede, has spent the last seven years of his life crushing the rival families, taking uncontested dominion of the Danelaw.

From distant Vinland rumors of a man who fell to the earth sailing a great army to liberate Denmark. His Raven banner, a celebrity for his legends in raids upon lands in the distant south.

From Far-o'e hails the local hero Tyr, who with the assistance of his father has mounted a seven month rebellion against Jom's rule. The Tales of his otherworldly origin have surrounded this mysterious warrior. The man rumored to have slain more than one hundred of the Jomsviking single-handedly.

It was this fateful warrior who arrived to your village, far flung in the icy reaches. Slew a troll that had plagued the land for as long as anyone could remember who approached you directly asking if you would pledge your life to the restoration of the old way, reverence to the All-father and self-governance to the people of the Danelaw.

Fated men carry fated problems, whether you decided to follow him, or not, the agents of Jom had infiltrated the feast. Blood was already flowing in rivers. Your kinfolk were being butchered by the Jomsviking, as the trolls blood still coats your weapons you stand ready to defend. Prepare yourself!
[ +- ] Character Building
Jul 22, 2021 7:54 am
As a Dane and a Viking enthusiast, I should be all over this game, but I sadly don't have the capacity to enter more new games at the moment.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Raven_Banner.svg/220px-Raven_Banner.svg.png

It's not the lack of will, it is the timing that refrains me from joining.
Jul 24, 2021 8:37 pm
Timing seems to be bad all around. Hopefully more interest is garnered.
Jul 24, 2021 8:48 pm
One thing we're trying to foster in interest checks is to be really clear what game system you're using. I think you're going for Warrior Rogue & Mage. It's even be requested to have the system in the title for the interest check.

Someone who isn't familiar with that system might not know how crunchy or rules-light it might be. Some guidance might help gather interest.
Last edited July 24, 2021 8:49 pm
Jul 28, 2021 1:22 am
Yeah so WR&M is way more about settings than rules. Putting the setting will help people making characters. I tell stories in the form of stanzas hitting the highlights of the journey while leaving people to role-play "on screen" as if it were a movie.
Jul 31, 2021 9:11 am
I can work with 1-6 players. I'd prefer to keep the group small though. Go ahead and start jumping in. Expect a brutal death march and we will have lots of fun.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.