Chapter One - There Are Cracks In The Walls

load previous
Aug 7, 2021 4:31 pm
vagueGM says:
Unarmed as they are, Kezza will try to direct the others and warn them about threat locations.
OOC:
Hoping to help others 'be their best selves' in this fight. Tell me how, and what I can do. :)
I believe I read about using Command to boost others, but can not check the book at this time. Maybe Perception or a Knowledge skill can help?
I hope I am remembering right that Initiative rolls use Perception.
OOC:
That's correct: Perception is used for Initiative. Command can be used for direction and combined actions (Pages 82 and 83). There would be a difficulty for the commander or directing person, and then those carrying out the task would received a bonus. For example, if you direct others to shoot "spider 2," whoever follows will add a pip towards the attack action or the damage, or a combination of the two. This is typically done by combining the skill and damage into one with bonuses added, which works great over the table, but for the sake of playing the game PBP, I'll be assigning the bonuses to a task based on the participation on that task: each participant will receive a bonus where it can best be used.
Aug 7, 2021 4:45 pm
OOC:
additionaldice roll for initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Aug 7, 2021 7:28 pm
Roooarrgh raised his blade and roared!

Rolls

PERCEPTION - (2D6)

(45) = 9

Aug 8, 2021 4:19 pm
OOC: rolling for initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (3D6)

(514) = 10

Aug 9, 2021 1:00 pm
Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (3d6)

(115) = 7

Aug 9, 2021 2:55 pm
Order of Battle

Kezza 19
Mennoe Coeburn 18
Lynax Pharo 10
Roooargh 9
Grenobaks 9 (tie goes to the player)
Dan’lo Strata 7
OOC:
Declare movements and actions. Anything beyond one action is penalized and so on, for example, 1 action is not penalized, 2 actions are both at -1D if rolls are required, 3 actions are all at -2D for any required rolls. Moving, with the exception of cautious movement (half movement speed), is considered an action.
Aug 9, 2021 3:01 pm
OOC:
Kezza, already slower than the rest, will Cautiously Move out of direct threat of any Grenobaks, or to an advantageous position.
Then they will carefully study the situation so they can shout out warnings and directions to the others. (e.g. "On your left", "behind you")
Aug 9, 2021 4:22 pm
IG77 says:
OOC:
Declare movements and actions. Anything beyond one action is penalized and so on, for example, 1 action is not penalized, 2 actions are both at -1D if rolls are required, 3 actions are all at -2D for any required rolls. Moving, with the exception of cautious movement (half movement speed), is considered an action.
OOC:
To clarify: If any attack actions with rolls are made, please roll for damage as well. Also, please roll a separate 1d6 for each enemy attacked. It's been a while since I've done this for PBP, and this will speed things along.

Example: Blaster and Dodge are both at 6D (3 actions taken, -2D penalty)
Blaster shot at villain 1: (4D) 4+2+3+3 = 12, (5D damage) 4+4+1+5+2 = 16, (1D) = 2
Blaster shot at villain 2: (4D) 4+5+2+3 = 14, (5D damage) 2+2+1+6+3 = 14, (1D) = 5
Dodge: (4D) 5+2+6+3 = 16
Aug 10, 2021 2:43 am
Roooarrgh slashes with his Ryyk at the creature attacking, trying to get the blade between himself and its fangs. He was not an expert blademaster, so he was hoping for a quick kill rather than a sustained fight.
OOC:
I'm assuming we can declare action out of order, they just won't happen until our turn comes up? I'm just attacking and not parrying right now, hoping I can kill it first or soak the damage.
Last edited August 10, 2021 2:44 am

Rolls

Melee Combat - (3D6)

(154) = 10

Shaamagalook's Ryyk Blade damage - (7D6)

(2436556) = 31

Wild Die - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Aug 10, 2021 3:09 am
Rezart says:
OOC:
I'm assuming we can declare action out of order, they just won't happen until our turn comes up?
OOC:
That's correct. Once the actions are declared, I can relay what happened as a result of the declared actions in initiative order.
Aug 10, 2021 5:02 am
Pharo shoots at one of the creatures with his heavy blaster pistol.

Later Edit
OOC: welp I think I missed.
Last edited August 10, 2021 5:03 am

Rolls

Blaster - (5D6)

(11131) = 7

Blaster Damage - (5D6)

(24451) = 16

Aug 10, 2021 5:40 am
Mennoe raises his carbine and begins to track one of the enemy. Once it's in his sights, Mennoe fries a shot.

Rolls

Blaster - (5d6)

(13634) = 17

Damage (if attack is successful) - (5d6)

(33546) = 21

Aug 10, 2021 3:04 pm
Dan'lo will fire his blaster at the same creature Pharo targeted.

Rolls

Blaster Skill - (4d6)

(6624) = 18

Blaster Damage - (4d6)

(5312) = 11

Aug 12, 2021 3:18 am
Narrator: Kezza saw that the spider-like grenobaks on their right were poised for attack and heading their way. They rushed up to the other side of the tree behind the creature that was preoccupied with the Wookiee and saw a blaster bolt lance out from behind where the Wookiee stood and strike down one of the creatures that had rushed towards them seconds before (Mennoe blasted and destroyed Grenobak 4). Kezza hissed at the spider facing down the Wookiee. The distraction allowed the Wookiee enough time to step in and swing as Kezza ducked from nearby blaster fire coming from her left. Varn raised his blaster and shot the closest rushing creature in the maw, dropping it in mid rush (Varn blasted and destroyed Grenobak 2).

The Falleen heard a sickening crack made as the Wookiee cleaved the monstrous spider before him (Roooargh cleaved and killed Grenobak 5).

Kezza shouted to Pharo who was still adjusting to the relative darkness of the thicket, "Right!" The bounty hunter turned and shot at the remaining spider on the right, and but the blaster bolt struck just in front of the grenobak, steering the advancing creature slightly off course (Pharo missed Grenobak 1).

From the south, a red laser danced through the thicket. The laser was followed by the two remaining left most grenobaks sizzling as a speeder scale blaster bolt zipped through both spiders with one shot (An outsider blasted and killed Grenobak’s 6 and 3). The herd of large reptiles kept low and rushed further away from the thicket and the blasting.

Kezza turned to see what was happening to the south and heard a popping noise as Strata’s blaster bolt impacted and destroyed the remaining spider. (Dan’lo shot and killed Grenobak 1).

https://i.imgur.com/98SNQZm.png

IG77 sent a note to Squadfather44,vagueGM,Rezart
IG77 sent a note to Esidrix,mrpiklik
OOC:
Roll initiative.
Aug 12, 2021 12:57 pm
Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (3d6)

(664) = 16

Aug 12, 2021 5:27 pm
Kezza waves back in greeting and acknowledgement.

"They'll cover us." Kezza 'translates' --possibly redundantly-- for the others. "Run that-a-way." They indicate the direction of the girl.
OOC:
Kezza will, again, try to keep with the group, and watch and shout out directions to help.
If we get close enough, Kezza will say hi to the 'locals'.

Rolls

Initiative - (4D6+2)

(1266) + 2 = 17

Wild Die - (1d6, RA)

(65) = 11

Aug 12, 2021 5:31 pm
Ro briefly considers a return to the ship, but leaving won't get him paid. Keep his Ryyk at the ready, he charged along behind the others.

Rolls

PERCEPTION - (2D6)

(22) = 4

Aug 12, 2021 5:43 pm
OOC:
How far away is Mennoefrom the strangers?
Aug 13, 2021 2:43 am
Squadfather44 says:
OOC:
How far away is Mennoefrom the strangers?
OOC:
20 meters from the armored pair and 30 meters from the kid.
Aug 13, 2021 4:33 am
Mennoe turns and looks at the armored pair of soldiers. With no better options, Mennoe keeps his eyes peeled for trouble and starts running for them.

Rolls

Initiative - (3d6+1)

(113) + 1 = 6

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.