Safety Tool Discussion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 26, 2021 6:24 pm
This is a discussion thread on Safety Tools in (Play by Post) RPGs in general and this post in particular. Please feel free to give your thoughts, suggestions and comments here!
Jul 26, 2021 7:03 pm
Pretty good thread.

Personally, I tend to use something I call "The Social Contract" which is something between Lines and Veil and the Open Table Policy. I also consider the Social Contract to be a living document, so if a player changes their mind about what bothers or does not bother them, the Social Contract gets changed accordingly.
Jul 26, 2021 8:07 pm
This is great! Thanks for sharing it, bowlofspinach. A resource I rely on a lot lately is Consent in Gaming, a pamphlet from Monte Cook Games. It's available as a free PDF download here. It has a useful lines-and-veils-esque checklist in the back (and as a separate form-fillable document) that GMs can use, although if anonymity is important, the GM would have to figure out how to do that.
Last edited July 26, 2021 8:08 pm
Jul 27, 2021 6:58 am
Bravo bowl, good stuff. In my live groups, these and other safety tools are common -- cool to see them in the PbP arena. I'm also a big, big fan of CATS -- Concept, Aim, Tone, and Subject Matter. Very useful discussion tool for session zero, or the start of a PbP campaign. It's not exactly a safety tool, but it really helps to establish what the game is about, and where it might go.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.