Public Repository of Dice Highlight Codes

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 9, 2022 12:26 am
Yeah, I'm using Mac, not sure if I have any such function on my computer...

Len

May 9, 2022 4:18 am
kalajel says:
Yeah, I'm using Mac, not sure if I have any such function on my computer...
@Kalajel here is a website with a complete list of emoji characters: https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html

You can cut and paste an emoji from the "Browser" column into forum text, and it shows you what the emoji will look like in various mobile platforms.
May 9, 2022 5:10 am
It's Ctrl+Cmd+Space on this Mac.
May 9, 2022 2:04 pm
@Len: Thanks. I also decided to search on how to access emojis on my Mac, and from what I saw, they look like exactly the sort of emojis that's been posted on here so far... Though, it's probably still good to be safe than sorry and perhaps use your link instead...
Jul 2, 2022 10:15 am
Possibly of interest to some, the Reason field only needs to start with "base" or "stress" and is not case sensitive, so a player who types the Reason "STRESS DicE" will still get the output formatted correctly.

Unfortunately, there is not (yet!) a way to count both 6s and 1s on the Stress Dice, but I am looking into it. Will update the post if I can figure out how!
[ +- ] Alien RPG
Last edited July 2, 2022 10:17 am
Jul 25, 2022 12:41 am
[ +- ] Kult
[ +- ] Powered by the Apocalypse
Last edited July 25, 2022 11:03 am
Oct 14, 2022 3:06 am
Add DC 4 to focused rolls reason
[ +- ] Tiny D6

For critical hit or miss I couldn't find a way to evaluate the total if it was hidden so it is a totally different rule set
[ +- ] Tiny d6 with Critical hit/miss
Last edited February 3, 2023 5:17 pm
Nov 29, 2023 4:14 am
I'm trying to do custom dice codes for Star Scoundrels, which uses the Action Tales system (also used for Neon City Overdrive and Hard City). It's a dice pool system where you roll a d6 for each thing you have going for you, and a d6 for each thing you have going against you. So it might be 3d6 vs. 4d6, or 5d6 vs. 2d6. Any "ties" between positive and negative dice cancel. The highest remaining positive die is the result.

Results are that 6 = success, 4-5 = partial success, 3- is a failure. Extra leftover 6s act as critical successes. If you last positive die has a 1 (or you don't have any positive dice left), that's a critical failure.

So, say you are rolling 4d6 in positive dice vs. 3d6 in negative dice. You get: (1, 4, 6, 6) vs. (2, 4, 6). The negative 6 cancels one of the positive ones, the negative 4 cancels the positive 4, and noting else cancels. You have a 1 and 6 left of your positive pool, so the higher number is the result (6).

It's a pretty simple system, but if anyone with more knowhow wants to try to figure out the system code, I'd be much obliged. If not, I'm glad I wrote all this out, as I can return to it as I puzzle through this myself. :)
Last edited November 29, 2023 4:15 am
Nov 29, 2023 7:51 am
You can easily color in the dice to highlight the different result types (6, 4-5, 1-3) in diffrent colors. But I can't think of any way that you could program the dice canceling each other out in the GP dice codes.
Nov 30, 2023 4:05 am
Bummer. I just tested it out, and it's easy enough to do "4d6, 3d6" and then do the cancelation mentally. I do note that auto sort is a thing -- it apparently auto-sorts the results into numerical order. That, at the very least, would make the cancelation easier to do. How would I use that rule and that rule alone?
Nov 30, 2023 7:32 am
{"background": {"image": ""},
"diceRules": [
    {"rolled":"d6","autoSort":true}
    ],
"characterSheetIntegration": {"gmSheets": []},
"diceDefaults": {}
}
Dec 3, 2023 11:58 pm
[ +- ] Free League's The One Ring RPG (2e)
Jan 20, 2024 3:39 am
Simple rules for the dice pool used in Mythiria.
[ +- ] Mythiria

You do not have permission to post in this thread.