Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 31, 2021 2:49 pm
Salutations!

My username is peachfuzz221, but you may call me peach. I am a 23 year old cisfemale who has been text roleplaying for over a decade, however tabletop rpgs/rpgs with certain mechanics I am unfamiliar with. I think play-by-posting will be a good beginning into the interesting world of rpgs as I am a little shy using online tools like Discord.

Any help will be much appreciated! I am a decent writer, experienced with short stories and fanfiction, so the mechanics and rules of the games will be my main focus to learn. Currently, I am interested in trying my hand at:

Dungeons & Dragons
Pathfinder
Starfinder
Vampire: The Masquerade
Conan

It is nice to meet you all and I hope joining Gamers Plane will be a lovely and worthwhile experience.
Jul 31, 2021 2:54 pm
welcome peachfuzz! There are quite a few D&D and PF games played here, with new ones starting often. I have seen less of the others in your list, though.
Jul 31, 2021 3:03 pm
Welcome! There are plenty of games starting all the time. The advertisements go up in the Games Tavern. DnD 5e is the most popular, but I've also seen Pathfinder recently. If you'd like to play any of the rest of them, I'm sure others would join if you wanted to start a game.

Looking forward to playing with you!
Jul 31, 2021 3:07 pm
Welcome to GP!
Jul 31, 2021 3:14 pm
Hi.

As skeptical_stun says, take a look in the Games Tavern, and if you don't find anything, perhaps add yourself to the Looking for a Game? thread.
Jul 31, 2021 3:48 pm
Welcome Peach! Hope you find some great games! It can take a little while so please check in a few times over the next week.
Jul 31, 2021 3:54 pm
Welcome!
Jul 31, 2021 4:01 pm
I forgot to mention, we've got a Discord! Hop in and join us, it's a pretty active community!
Jul 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Discord is, of course, not required if you don't want to bother with that. The games happen here on the forums. :)

Dungeons and Dragon 5e is a fairly simple system to learn (some of the others on your list can be bit more complicated).
Do you have access to the books for any of these systems? Many Game Masters (Dungeon Master, DMs, GMs, or 'the people who help run the games') are happy to teach you as you play, but having the books can be helpful.
Fortuitously there is thread about Creating your first D&D 5e character on GP that might be helpful.

There are lots of helpful people here. If you ever get stuck you have but to ask and many will leap in to help.
Jul 31, 2021 4:54 pm
Thank you, everybody! I will check out the Discord and the tavern! All your advice has been helpful!
Jul 31, 2021 5:01 pm
Welcome!
Jul 31, 2021 5:21 pm
Welcome! A bunch of D&D 5e learning games popped up recently. I think they're mostly full now but more will pop up for sure! Barring that, many games are open to people with limited experience so you should have no trouble finding one to join. Just keep an eye on the Games Tavern as others have suggested.
Jul 31, 2021 5:24 pm
Welcome, Peach!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

Skeptical already pointed out the Discord server and I'd definitely recommend it. It's a fun place to hang out.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
lenpelletier
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jul 31, 2021 6:57 pm
Welcome aboard Peach

Len

Jul 31, 2021 8:00 pm
Welcome Peach!
Jul 31, 2021 8:06 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, Peach!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

Skeptical already pointed out the Discord server and I'd definitely recommend it. It's a fun place to hang out.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
lenpelletier
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Thank you for the help! These resources are wonderful! Thank you for the welcome!

Thank you everyone else for your wonderful welcomes as well!

Len

Jul 31, 2021 8:40 pm
Hey Peach! Jabes.plays.RPG and I will be starting a D&D learning game soon. I'll notify you when we get started if you like 😁
Jul 31, 2021 8:42 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jul 31, 2021 8:52 pm
lenpelletier says:
Hey Peach! Jabes.plays.RPG and I will be starting a D&D learning game soon. I'll notify you when we get started if you like 😁
Definitely notify me!
kalajel says:
Hello and welcome!
Thank you!
Jul 31, 2021 11:59 pm
Howdy, peach!
Aug 1, 2021 2:40 am
Hello
Aug 1, 2021 5:56 am
Hey peach, welcome to the GP community. Conan you say -- doubly welcome!

Len

Aug 14, 2021 1:07 am
Hello peach! If you're still interested to try Dungeons and Dragons, we've set up a learning game here. Feel free to apply!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.