Character Image Sharing Thread (Fantasy)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Len

Jul 31, 2021 10:50 pm
This is an image sharing thread for users to share their character image stashes for Fantasy-themed games (also check out the SciFi and Modern themed sharing threads). The longest part of character creation for me is looking for images, and I'm usually blown away by the stuff other people come up with. It would be nice to have a reservoir of images to go to for character inspiration, etc! So go ahead and post images of your characters from the past, present, and future!

Also feel free to share places you go to find character information and I'll update a master list of sources that will stay up here in the first post of this thread.

Master List of Sources
**Warning, some of these links may take you to sites that contain NSFW content**

ArtStation
DeviantArt
r/EbonyImagination (specifically for characters with dark skin)
Google Images
r/ImaginaryNetwork
Mythic Legions action figures, ex: checklist
Pinterest

Len

Jul 31, 2021 11:02 pm
[ +- ] Some pictures!
Aug 1, 2021 12:02 am
Pinterest is my go-to spot for game character art! I have several boards there, one for each of my games so that I can easily grab NPC portraits when I need them. PC portraits are harder. But I often search for hours until I get the feeling that "my PC is staring at me."
Aug 1, 2021 8:05 am
I collect waaaay too many of these! I've got tons more on my Pinterest boards. I hope these'll help provide you with inspiration.
[ +- ] Way too many pictures
Aug 1, 2021 5:45 pm
[ +- ] Images
Last edited September 7, 2021 4:55 pm
Aug 1, 2021 6:58 pm
Just a few from my stock locker.

I will add as it moves me. So, come back on occasion to see new stuff.
[ +- ] Imagery
Last edited November 4, 2021 10:12 am
Aug 1, 2021 8:00 pm
DeviantArt is a great place to find art that isn't available elsewhere. Just be warned that you'll have to wade through some stuff that may or may not be related, and also some of the stranger parts of the internet art scene.

EDIT: You can also try the Imaginary network on reddit. It's not super easy to search by name, but a lot of them are really good.

I found this a few minutes ago, and it's absolutely going to be a character of mine someday.
[ +- ] Desert Huntress
Last edited August 2, 2021 1:52 am
Aug 2, 2021 1:39 pm
ArtStation is another great place to look for visual inspiration. It's organized by artist so if you find someone whose style you like you can see more of their work.
Aug 2, 2021 3:00 pm
skeptical_stun says:
EDIT: You can also try the Imaginary network on reddit. It's not super easy to search by name, but a lot of them are really good.
Oh, that's brilliant. I've stumbled across many of those Imaginary X subreddits, but didn't realize they had a central hub. That's super helpful to know!

There are many others that don't seem to be part of the hub, so I'd encourage any Redditors here who want to find artwork there to be promiscuous in your searching. For instance, Ebony Imagination is a great place to find portraits of darker-skinned folks for fantasy, sci-fi, and other games.
Aug 3, 2021 10:16 pm
I really like the Mythic Legions action figure line. There's some great inspiration for fantasy characters. Especially some of the fan photos and customs

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sourcehorsemen.com%2Fimages%2Fnews%2Fillythia-full-teaser.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
Last edited August 3, 2021 10:16 pm

Len

Aug 5, 2021 5:13 pm
Here are 179 fantasy character portraits themed as character cards with attractive borders.

Len

Oct 2, 2021 8:10 pm
Huge Pinterest board of fantasy characters created by GP user Momo! https://www.pinterest.ca/princessmomonoke/dd-characters/
Jan 10, 2022 4:33 am
(Edited)
Last edited January 10, 2022 5:57 am
Jan 10, 2022 5:22 am
Those are great, @Data! There's a separate thread for Modern character art though. And a SciFi one too.This one's for fantasy. 😉
Jan 10, 2022 5:58 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Those are great, @Data! There's a separate thread for Modern character art though. This one's for fantasy. 😉
Oops, my bad! I moved it over!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.