Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Oct 24, 2021 11:33 pm
Louis nods in agreement with the Inquisitor. "I'd also like to search a few more rooms. If Banshee and Faux want to rest and recover their magic, that could probably take a while, yeah? Maybe a few of us could do a little exploring in the meantime?" he suggests. "In any case, do we want to rest here or in the grave room? Or somewhere else?"
Last edited October 25, 2021 12:21 am
Oct 26, 2021 3:59 pm
As you all debate where to rest, Archie movies up to the corps with a flask of oil and a match. However before he can even uncork the bottle. It begins to sublimate into black particles and disappears. Leaving only his knife and a rusty key.

A chuckle echos through the halls."Have a nice rest".
Oct 27, 2021 11:24 am
"That doesn’t bode well…" remarks Louis, bending over to swipe the key off the ground. He leaves the knife for whoever wants it. "Something tells me that if we don’t hurry up and make a decision, this house is going to make one for us so, for now, let’s head back to the grave room and get what rest we can."
Oct 28, 2021 8:28 am
"Blimey, I guess you do have a point Chariot... Let's head back up there then."
Gharn takes a worrying look around and takes the lead, climbing up the stairs.
Oct 31, 2021 1:58 am
The party shuffles off to the grave room. Archie grabs the items left in the ground.
In the grave room, everybody plops down, exhausted from a hard fight.

Archie turns to the party and says. " So how long are we staying and who’s taking watch?"
Oct 31, 2021 8:27 am
"I'd say we stay as long as we need to regain our strength lad. I'm not half-bad myself - probably better than most of ya. I'll be taking the first shift and man the door; you can rest now."
Oct 31, 2021 10:51 am
"I’ll take the second watch," Louis volunteers as he flops down on his side to sleep. He pulls his hat down over his eyes. "Wake me when you get tired."
Oct 31, 2021 12:28 pm
Before going to bed, even in pain and tired from the fight, Luc lights an incense in one of the corners of the room, and spends 1 hour doing a ritual. In the end, an owl conjures itself in front of him. "Hello Fifi, good to see you girl."
[ +- ] Find Familiar
"Help us keep watch, Oui? If you notice something, just scream or something..." He says with his eyes already closed, as he slowly lays down to sleep.

Rolls

Fifi's Perception with - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (11) + 3 = 14

1d20+3 : (7) + 3 = 10

Oct 31, 2021 12:43 pm
Banshee doesn't ever sleep, but she does require time to meditate. She finds a quiet spot not too far from Faux, and coaxes the girl to get rest between them.

Rolls

Hit point roll - (1d8+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Oct 31, 2021 9:33 pm
The girl wanders her way over to the spot and soon falls asleep. Completely exhausted.
Oct 31, 2021 9:36 pm
Inquisitor:The first watch passes without incident, though Archie leaves briefly.
He’s gone for about ten minutes, and when he returns he has a basket filled with needles and thread, which you remember seeing in the library on the upper floor.
He gives you a polite nod and moves off to one of the workbenches.
Two hours pass and it’s now time for Chariot to take over for you.
Oct 31, 2021 10:11 pm
OOC:
Hit Points

Rolls

1d6+2

(2) + 2 = 4

Nov 1, 2021 12:15 pm
Gregory tries to rest as well as he can, but the orb monopolizes his attention. More than once he is tempted to use his new powers and tap into the magic reserve, but understands that it is more important having it as a whole artifact than risking compromizing it for a quick burst of power.
He pours all he can into understanding it further.
OOC:
- taking 5 out of 8 hp (21 goes to 27)
- a boring +2 Dexterity
rolling 2 HD to recover

I should be able to repeat the knowledge roll as I level up
Last edited November 1, 2021 12:18 pm

Rolls

rest HP recovery - (2d8+2)

(27) + 2 = 11

Arcana on the red orb (both powers it has and insight into its origin) - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Nov 2, 2021 9:22 pm
Stifling a yawn, Louis makes his way over to the door to take his turn at keeping watch.
Nov 2, 2021 9:47 pm
Danzig: Despite how much you want to decipher the secrets of the red orb, exhumation clouds your mind and soon you fall asleep, clutching it to your chest.
Chariot: Not long after your watch begins, Archie rises from his work bench and slips out of your line of sight. It’s only for a moment, and soon he returns to his workbench with a rolled up bundle of something. It looks faintly familiar.
He drops an object into a mortar and pestle and begins to grind it up. The sound is muffled but isn’t pleasant to those who are awake.

Rolls

Archie’s Shadow Walk - (1d20+13)

(17) + 13 = 30

Archie’s Quick Hands - (1d20+13)

(12) + 13 = 25

Nov 2, 2021 10:02 pm
Having just woken up, Louis winces at the unpleasant noise. "The hell are you doing over there?" he grumbles at Archie.
Nov 2, 2021 10:14 pm
As you glance over his shoulder into the mortar you see a now very fine sparkly powder.
He gives you a quick glance and a small chuckle.
"Just crushing some low carat diamonds I found, I needed some diamond dust."
The basket of thread and the mystery bundle sit on the other side of the table, he continues to grind, apparently not yet satisfied with the fineness of the powder.
Nov 2, 2021 11:47 pm
"What for?" asks Louis, pulling some dried fruit out of his pack to snack on while he keeps watch.
Nov 2, 2021 11:54 pm
He gives Chariot a wide grin.
"It’s a surprise. I’ll be done by the end of our break though."
He chuckles again.
"I’m sure everyone will love it."
Nov 3, 2021 12:39 am
Louis narrows his eyes at that. "…Right. Well, I don’t think any of us are particularly in the mood for surprises right now, so why don’t you tell me exactly what it is that you’re making over there?" He begins slowly—very, very slowly—reaching for his pistol. He’s not sure he needs it yet and he doesn’t want to do anything rash, but Archie’s behaviour seems a little… odd.
OOC:
Insight check on Archie, perception on the ‘mystery bundle’ to see if Louis can tell what it is/why it’s familiar… and I guess sleight of hand to hide the fact that Louis is reaching for his gun?

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Perception - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Sleight of Hand - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.