Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Nov 3, 2021 2:11 am
Not even bothering to look at you, he says, " I suggest you keep that hand away from that trigger. Unless you want to explain to the others that you shot me because I didn’t tell you exactly what I was doing with tailoring supplies and diamond dust."

As he finishes with the dust he finally looks at you. He is not impressed by your suspicions or your antics.
The bundle itself is just a garment of somekind, you can’t remember where you’ve seen it before nor can you tell what it is in its rolled up form.

"Woulda invited ya to stay and chat awhile, but now I’m gonna have to ask ya to fuck off and go back to staring at the door. "
He turns away from you and starts threading needles with a couple choice threads.

Reviewing what he said and the fact that now he’s merely pissed at you and not attacking you. You feel that your suspicions were perhaps a tad misplaced and you may have hurt his feelings and shattered any trust that might have been formed previously.
Nov 3, 2021 2:53 am
Louis sighs and lifts his hands to show that they are empty. "Look, I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to be an asshole. We’re in a tense situation and, given that we have established that you may not be in control of your own actions one hundred percent of the time, I thought… Well, it doesn’t matter what I thought. Clearly, I misread the situation." He picks up the bag of dried fruit and offers it to Archie in an attempt at reconciliation. "Apricot?"
Last edited November 3, 2021 2:58 am
Nov 3, 2021 3:07 am
He snorts.
"No thanks, and you might be a bit hazy on your details there. What we’ve established is that there have been multiple me’s. The first time I met the rest of these jokers I drew on em cause I was in the process of dying. Inquisitor wasn’t exactly clear explaining that situation. I’ve been me the whole time I’ve been here."
He unfurls the bundle, revealing it to be a coat, and begins sewing.
" A tip for ya from an old pro, when your suspicious, try and be a bit more subtle than demanding answers and reaching for a weapon. That’s a good way to start fights not get info. Next time try and play along, until your sure of your suspicions or have gotten what you wanted."
With nimble fingers he pushes patterns into being.
"No charm needed, ya just follow the flow, you’d be surprised what people let slip. Learned a lot about patrol routes and shift rotations just by letting someone bitch at a bar."
Nov 3, 2021 3:17 am
"Your loss on the apricots. They’re very good," says Louis, popping one into his mouth. "And thanks for the tip. I’ll try to keep that in mind."
Nov 3, 2021 3:24 am
"It’s a prank. So keep yer mouth shut."
He continues working.
Nov 3, 2021 3:38 am
Louis mimes zipping his mouth shut, locking it, and throwing away the key.
Nov 3, 2021 4:13 pm
With that, time once again advances. The second shift comes to an end.
Nov 4, 2021 7:29 pm
Luc wakes up with some pain, but well recovered from the battle. He rubs his eyes, and looks around.

"Fifi and I can handle the last shift." He whispers to Louis. And with a low, soft whistle, the owl flies to a high place and start watching the door.

He does some stretches, prepares some spells, and casts Mage Armor on himself for extra protection. So, his watch begins.
[ +- ] 1st: Mage Armor (Int)

Rolls

Luc's Perception - (1d20+0)

(16) = 16

Fifi's Perception (Keen Hearing and Sight) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (18) + 3 = 21

1d20+3 : (14) + 3 = 17

Nov 4, 2021 8:15 pm
After four hours, Banshee has the rest she needs and prepares her spells. She will join Faux on watch.
Nov 5, 2021 4:38 pm
Not much happens in the third watch either. Though Archie’s project seems to be coming together quite nicely. Fifi seems to be a fan of the design, it seems familiar to her, and the sparkles certainly help.
Unless either of the watchman want to converse or do anything specific the watch will come to a close.
Nov 8, 2021 6:10 pm
The rest comes to a close, all party members rise feeling rested and for some reason much stronger than before. It doesn’t take long for everyone to gather their gear and get ready.
Inquisitor however is quick to notice something has changed. On the back of his trench coat, embroidered in sparkly green and yellow thread are a set of large fairy wings.
Off in a corner Archie is snickering.
Nov 8, 2021 7:02 pm
Gharn's look goes from his trench coat to Archie and back to the trench coat a couple times. He shrugs and goes back at looking the embroidered pattern, shifting the trench coat in his hands; his odd-colored eye glows momentarily and the sparkly green and yellow colored thread blends into the leathery dark brown color of the trench coat, leaving an embossed pattern on it.

He then turns to Archie, looking at him raising his eyebrow. "Was this supposed to be some kind of joke?"

Gharn tries to act all natural; he's a bit annoyed as naturally, he doesn't appreciate that Archie - or anyone, is messing with his stuff. As the threads themselves didn't look ordinary to him - or the pattern itself for that matter, he decided to check it thoroughly.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Nov 8, 2021 7:09 pm
While the threads have been altered in color, they still seem to glitter when they catch the light, much more subtle with the new color.
Despite your actions, and your comment Archie maintains his smirk and upbeat attitude.
As for the pattern, you are well aware of what fairy wings look like, and these don’t quite match. Though that only applies to the more common types, the more powerful, higher fairies have unique wing shapes. Those tend to be less documented.
Nov 8, 2021 11:29 pm
As Louis gets himself ready for the day ahead, he says to Archie, "Sorry again for last night, by the way. I swear I’m not normally so twitchy... I guess being locked up in this house has got me feeling a bit out of sorts."

He gestures to the Inquisitor's coat. "Why the wings though?"
OOC:
Being fey himself, would Louis recognise the pattern of the wings or the specific fairy they belong to?
Last edited November 9, 2021 12:12 am

Rolls

Idk what to roll for this, if anything - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Nov 8, 2021 11:50 pm
Archie continues to smirk.
"He looked a bit disappointed when the dress was meant for the kid. Figured he wanted a bit more frill to his look. And ain’t nobody more frilly than Oberon. So a bit of artificial fairy dust here, some Druidcraft there, and bit of thread. All hail the new fairy king."
Nov 9, 2021 12:49 am
Banshee watches this proceed. She strokes the girls hair, hoping she sees the humor and not the anger. None of them no each other, really, and despite having fought battles together, trust is a fragile thing.

"I think he looks dashing, like a film reel hero. Mayhaps, in this place, you can really fly!"
Nov 9, 2021 7:10 am
"Eh. I like it. It is joke, because fairies are, how you say... frivolous, yes? And you are so serious." Gregory smirks, but quickly checks that his own stuff hasn't been tampered with.
"So, we go to barrier and try to use red orb now, yes? Let us hope we do not find other madmen."
Nov 9, 2021 8:19 pm
"Is there anything else I should know Sir Archie?"
He turns to Danzig; "If everyone is ready, I guess we could get going; who knows what we'll encounter next..."

Rolls

Insight - spill the beens Arch - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Nov 9, 2021 10:01 pm
"Are you interested in that, Fifi?" Luc whispers to his owl.

He casually waits for Archie's answer (if any) to the Inquisitor's question to see if he can make out anything.

Other than that, he waits to proceed to the next challenge.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+0)

(1) = 1

Nov 9, 2021 10:22 pm
Archie snaps his fingers.
Which causes the pattern to glow briefly, followed by a spectral copy of the wings fluttering to life. Scattering sparkly dust to the surrounding floor.

The child stares in wonder.
Archie’s smirk continues.
" That’s all. We better get a move on, only so many hours in the day to get attacked by crazy people."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.