Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Nov 10, 2021 5:28 am
Louis takes the lead for a bit as the group make their way back through the dilapidated corridors to the door behind the magical barrier. He stops in front of the barrier. "Got that orb, Danzig?"
Last edited November 10, 2021 12:29 pm
Nov 10, 2021 3:05 pm
Banshee readies her hammer, and keeps an eye out to the side. She expects an ambush. "Be careful. We don't have so many of these to waste any."
Nov 13, 2021 5:56 am
After Archie’s odd display of ?friendship?, the party makes their way to the red barrier door.
Upon approach the red orb pulses, and quickly thereafter the barrier shatters with the sound of broken glass.
Nov 13, 2021 8:24 am
"Did not have to do much, eh" Gregory sounds a bit disappointed "I was wondering if I needed to do big magic waving the orb aroubd, but I guess not. Very pragmatic, yes? We go on." and proceeds to open the door.
Nov 13, 2021 11:28 am
As soon as Danzig reaches for the doorknob, Gharn jolts forward and grabs his arm.
"We cannot be too careful lad. Let me check this door first. Call it a force of habit or sheer paranoia, but this place is kinda wicked, don't ya think?"
Gharn proceeds to inspect the door.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Nov 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Inquisitor checks the door thoroughly, and is satisfied that said door lacks any sort of trap.
With nothing to fear the door is opened with no further delay.

The contents of the room are surprisingly intact compared to the rest of the rooms you’ve found in this section. It appears to be some kind of occult room. At the center of the room sits a table with several elegant looking chairs tucked under it. A crystal ball sits in front of the chair at the head of the table. Shelves line the walls, they are filled with all manner of strange idols, effigies, and tomes. A chandelier lit by candles dangles from the surprisingly high ceiling. Another door lies on the opposite end you enter from.
Nov 13, 2021 8:03 pm
"Well, this looks quite less messy than I expected... Let's see what we can make out of this room."
Gharn murmurs and walks towards the first closest bookcase.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Nov 13, 2021 9:37 pm
"Léger!" Luc whispers to his cane, making the head light up in a white light.

He walks towards the table and Investigate the crystal ball in hopes of discovering something.
[ +- ] Cantrip: Light (Int)

Rolls

Arcana - Do I know what this crystal ball does? - (1d20+6)

(18) + 6 = 24

Nov 13, 2021 10:30 pm
Inquisitor: You scan the shelves for a moment before coming across something that interests you. It appears to be some sort of chalice made out of marble. Almost the entirety of its surface is covered in deep cracks. You’re not quite sure how it’s holding itself together but it is.

Faux:At first glance it appears to be a regular crystal ball, but upon closer examination you observe several runes carved into it. Though not in any language or system that you have knowledge of. As it stands you assume that it does do something, but you don’t know what or how to go about activating it.
Nov 13, 2021 11:59 pm
Louis cautiously moves into the room and begins curiously poking around some of the other shelves. Looking at all the esoteric bric-â-brac cluttering the shelves, he glances over his shoulder at Faux and asks, "Do you have any way of detecting if any of this weird occult junk is actually magical?"
Last edited November 14, 2021 12:04 am

Rolls

Investigating the shelves... - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Nov 14, 2021 2:05 am
"Oh yes! I'm working on it!" Luc starts flipping through his spellbook looking for the right spell. Once he's found it, he gets ready to begin the ritual.
OOC:
Luc starts to ritual cast Detect Magic
[ +- ] 1st: Detect Magic (Int)
Nov 14, 2021 2:27 am
Banshee looks fondly at the crystal ball. Her background as a fortune teller washes over her with a visceral nostalgia. "That ball would make a good center piece for a good reading. If it is not a magical trap, I would certainly love to take it."
Nov 14, 2021 2:51 am
Chariot: As you peruse the shelves you find a figure that catches your interest. It’s a man with shoulder length hair standing upon a miniature planet Earth. He seems to be keeping the moon he’s holding from crashing into its surface. The whole thing is made of silver.

Faux:As your ritual completes you are surprised to find that everything assembled on the shelves is vaguely magical, if somewhat weak. The Crystal ball is the exception as it is heavily steeped in divination magic.
Nov 14, 2021 8:41 pm
"Everything in the shelves is a little bit magical, I would be careful what you touch, may be something cursed" Luc says as he looks around. The spell makes his eyes look like the cosmos.

He agrees with Banshee, and changes his attention to the crystal. "Yeah, this is definitely can be useful, let me check if is safe."

Rolls

Investigation - Is the crystal trapped? - (1d20+6)

(7) + 6 = 13

Nov 14, 2021 8:49 pm
Gharn is hesitant to take the fragile chalice off the selves, as he's unsure that it will maintain its structural integrity.
"Now look at this one." he thought.
After a moment, he decides to take the chalice and channel some of his magic energy through it to see how it reacts.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Nov 15, 2021 12:01 am
Faux: As you check for traps, your hand brushes against it. The ball displays an image of purple mist, and then static. After a moment of flickering between the two it dies down to clear crystal once again.

Inquisitor: As you funnel your magic through it you notice some of it run off the object along an ethereal spider like thread leading to the next room. The item might be some sort of key used in the next room, though you don’t know if it’s the only one.
Nov 15, 2021 1:12 am
Heeding Faux’s warning, Louis leaves the silver figure where it is for now, but notes its position on the shelf in case he decides to come back for it later. Realizing that there’s far too much stuff in here to sort through it all in any sort of timely manner, he leaves the shelves and walks over to the door at the far-side of the room to inspect it for traps. If he feels confident that it’s not trapped, he will press his ear to the door to listen for any sign of life or movement on the other side.
Last edited November 15, 2021 1:19 am

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Perception - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Nov 15, 2021 8:06 am
Upon hearing that the entirety of items on the shelves is faintly magical, Gregory starts salivating. He has restrained himself quite a lot ever since he found out about his new power, avoiding ushed actions that could endanger the group. But here, with so, so much stuff… how could it possibly hurt?
He gets closer to one of the shelves, far from both the chalice and the crystal ball. He taps into the power gained at the grave, concentrate on the magic permeating the items, and tires to make it his own.
Nov 15, 2021 3:55 pm
"Seems safe" Luc says after interacting with the crystal. "You probably know how to handle this better, it's all yours" He says to Banshee.

"What does this do exactly? Do the items on the shelves have anything to do with it?'
Nov 15, 2021 4:58 pm
"I can tell you for sure that this chalice does have something to do with the next room. Perhaps figuring out what this orb is will give us some clue."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.