Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Nov 24, 2021 1:27 am
"If you have a rope, give us the other end. Get into trouble, yank the rope, we haul you back. I can give you a minor blessing to help."

She'll cast Guidance on Chariot before he enters, or whoever goes in his stead.
Nov 24, 2021 9:03 pm
"Good idea." Louis unclips a coil of rope that was hanging from his back-left hip and ties one end around his (human) waist. He hands the other end of the rope to the Inquisitor, believing him to be the strongest of the group. "One tug means pull me out. Two tugs means follow me in. Got it?"

Without further ado, Louis then turns around and walks directly into the rift.
Nov 24, 2021 9:23 pm
A slight tingling sensation passes through Chariot as he enters the white void, but not much else. His clothes and equipment gain the wire mesh but not any of his exposes flesh. Looking back at the rift shows that it floats in the middle of the wide open expanse. The void extends past the rift in the opposite direction.
In the distance Chariot can see a black speck, but after going the 50ft of rope it’s not much closer than before.
Nov 24, 2021 10:33 pm
Louis comes to a stop as he reaches the end of the rope, tail swishing from side to side as he considers his options. Then, with a sigh, he turns around and heads back to the rift to describe what he saw to the rest of the group. "I can see this speck in the distance, but it’s really far away," he explains as he steps back out of the rift. "If we’re going to try to reach it, I think we should all go together."
Nov 25, 2021 1:50 am
"Does this speck look hospitable? And how will we get there through the void you described? Doesn't sound like we can swim there, can we?"
Nov 25, 2021 3:07 am
OOC:
I’m pretty sure Louis was able to just walk through the void, unless I misinterpreted Tenrec's post :P
"Yeah, it looks real fuckin’ homey," Louis replies, sarcastically. "It’s a speck. It looks like a speck. As for how we get there… I mean, I know y’all only have two legs each but I’m sure you can figure out how to use them." He retrieves the other end of his rope from the Inquisitor and begins wrapping it back up. "The void itself seems relatively safe, as far as I can tell. Haven’t noticed any adverse side-effects… yet." He pauses what he’s doing and looks down at himself, briefly examining his arms and legs to make sure everything’s as it should be. "Anyway, I can go investigate the speck on my own, if you want me to, but I don’t see any reason why the rest of you shouldn’t join me, now that we know it’s safe… ish."
Last edited November 26, 2021 6:42 am

Rolls

Perception (to notice if he was affected by being in the void at all) - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Nov 25, 2021 3:51 am
The void seems to have a floor that Chariot was walking on, not that he could really tell. At his best estimate, the speck is a mile or two out. Besides the initial tingling and the status of his gear, Chariot feels no change.
Nov 26, 2021 9:31 pm
"Sooner or later, we'll have to traverse this peculiar rift. And if the Frenchie goes, I go; the more the merrier. But does this mean we'll have to leave Archie and Lance behind? The lad here seems unable to pass through. And what about the little one?"
Nov 26, 2021 10:46 pm
"Let's each try, and ... maybe because they were resurrected here, inside the house. That's probably why they can't leave. As for our little girl, well, would you like to try if I hold your hand?" She looks at the girl with patience and compassion.
Nov 26, 2021 11:31 pm
The girl nods and takes Banshee’s hand. With tentative fingers she touches the rift. She isn’t rejected as her hand passes into the greater void.

Banshee, as she follows the child into the void also isn’t rejected, her equipment gains the wire mesh as she stands on solid nothingness.
Nov 26, 2021 11:48 pm
"Can you hear me?" she asks, feeling stupid as she does so.

Rolls

Perception on speck - (1d20+6)

(14) + 6 = 20

Nov 27, 2021 4:40 am
The girl gives you a confused look at the question.
The speck doesn’t respond, but as you squint to try to make anything of it you do notice it appears to be flickering.
Nov 27, 2021 2:19 pm
Squinting at the flickering, she fails to see much, it's simply too far away.

"Let's go back to the others," she leads them through the portal.
Nov 27, 2021 8:36 pm
Gregory shrugs. He didn't expect everyone to go in so willingly. He's not too happy that noone is staying behind, but he definitely does not want to be the only one missing out this arcane mistery. He steps through the portal, following Chariot and the others.
Nov 28, 2021 3:06 am
Once everyone has crossed through the rift into the void, Louis points out the speck to the others so that the whole group knows where they’re going. Just before they leave, he says to Archie and Lance, "Don’t get yourselves killed while we’re gone, alright?"
Nov 28, 2021 3:13 am
Archie scowls and performs a couple of rude hand gestures. "We’re not the ones in the mystery void asshat. Keep me waiting too long and I’ll make you regret making me worry."
Nov 28, 2021 3:14 am
Lance tilts his head, but nods and slams the bit of his large weapon against the ground.
Nov 28, 2021 3:15 am
Once Luc passes through the rift, he approaches the child and with a pat on her head he casts Mage Armor on her for extra protection.
[ +- ] 1st: Mage Armor (Int)
"You're doing really well, petit"
Nov 28, 2021 4:23 am
"Go toward the light. I've repeated the words oft. Now, here we are. Shall we? Go toward that flickering speck of light, my friends."

She walks with Faux and the child, ever forward, through the void.
Nov 28, 2021 4:32 am
After a good ten minutes of walking, the speck starts to become larger and far easier to identify.
In the miles upon miles of white void rests a single shifting structure. It’s design endlessly changing, drawing from the memories of the past, the realities of the present, and the dreams of the future. No matter how simple or outlandish, beautiful or terrible, large or small, the product is the same.
A throne.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.