Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
May 20, 2022 10:16 am
"Nothing quite like a little arson to lift the spirits," says Louis, gleefully tossing one of the bottles into the flames. He picks up another and holds it up to get a closer look at the liquid inside. "What’s in these things anyway, Faux?"
May 20, 2022 6:51 pm
Faux scratches the back of his head, as he tosses yet another bottle into the inferno. At this point the flames are progressing at quite a steady pace and just keep burning. The heat is causing everyone to sweat, the gasoline certainly helped it reach hell like temperatures. Given another few minutes the fire should spread to the end of the hall and beyond.

"I’d say alcohol, because that’s what I projected but it’s really not. Has no taste, can’t make you drunk, doesn’t even quench thirst. However it still acts like alcohol in a physical sense."
He chuckles sheepishly.
"Sorry, that probably doesn’t make much sense, I’m still developing the Silver Screen and it still does things I don’t understand."
May 22, 2022 12:06 am
Louis, still holding the bottle he was looking at, takes a few steps back as the heat of the flames starts to become uncomfortable. "That’s really neat," he says to Faux, in earnest. "Mind if I keep this one? It might come in handy and I don’t think the fire needs any further encouragement at the moment…"

Rolls

Keeping an eye out for spiders as well… (Perception) - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

May 22, 2022 12:26 am
Faux nods in acceptance as Chariot focuses his senses on the hallway wreathed in flames.
As the fire spreads under the doorway at the end of the hall, frantic hissing can just barely be heard over the roar of the flames. It lasts for a few moments as the group watches the door shake as things slam against it, then it goes still.
Chariot just about to finish his observation, satisfied that the plan had worked, when he heard something else at the far end of the hall. A small groan, Chariot strains his ears, frantic coughing…

Then a sound that’ll likely haunt all those involved for quite sometime. A very human screamed despair and agony.
May 22, 2022 8:09 am
The colour drains from Louis’s face. "Ah, fuck…"
May 22, 2022 9:39 am
Gharn clenched his fists, regretting throwing those bottles casually into the fire. He shakes his head before mumbling to no one in particular:
"We couldn't have known... And this place definitely gets to your head..."
May 22, 2022 1:51 pm
Banshee pales and even though she knows that that something they heard could just be the house messing with them, maybe it wasn't. And there was nothing that could be done.

"That's enough alcohol, I think," she says weakly.
May 22, 2022 4:44 pm
Faux hurries around the corner and retches as the scream only increases in volume. The child huddles down hugging her knees and covering her ears.

It’s impossible to say how long the screaming lasted, but it feels like forever. Eventually the scream fades to a whimper, then the whimper fades into silence.
Shortly after the flames finally smolder away, leaving naught but a hallway untouched by flames, and whatever is left behind the door at the end of it.

A malicious laugh fills the silence, making its presence known before fading away just as quickly.
May 23, 2022 11:12 am
The moment the flames have died down enough that the hallway can be safely traversed, Louis gallops to the far end of the hall and kicks open the door. He expects that the unlucky individual they heard screaming is very, very dead at this point, but still feels the need to check, just in case.
May 23, 2022 3:48 pm
Banshee rushes after him, hoping she has enough magic left to save whoever was screaming, if they exist at all.
May 23, 2022 6:06 pm
As the door slams open the first the to hit Chariot and Banshee is the smell. It’s sickly sweet, and combined with heavy smoke it makes the eyes water. The first sight the pair sees at the threshold of the door is the ashy remains of giant spiders. Then at the center of the room, which they subconsciously register is a bathroom, is a human corpse. Or at least what is assumed to be a human corpse, it’s flesh is charred in most places, it’s clothing all but burnt away. No color can be discerned besides black and red, the flesh still sizzling. It’s face down, arms stiffly at its side, it’s legs together, likely tied up somehow though the bindings have burned away.
May 23, 2022 6:18 pm
Banshee retches beside the doorway, and then rushes over to the corpse, magic springs unbidden to her hand, and she lays the spell-laden hand on their chest.
[ +- ] Cantrip: Spare the Dying (Wis)
May 23, 2022 6:34 pm
The magic floods over the corpse, but unfortunately it is far to late to save them.
Then Banshee’s magic resonates.
Origin Registered: Tomoe Gozen
May 23, 2022 8:40 pm
"Tomoe Gozen. I'm sorry, miss. We didn't know anyone else was here." She says a prayer for the dead over the dead woman. Or man, it's hard to tell.
May 24, 2022 3:07 am
Louis trots back to Inquisitor with the bad news, shaking his head in disappointment. "They’re dead. Banshee is… doing her priestess thing. We should keep moving, if everyone is able." He glances at the Catalyst huddled on the ground and Faux retching in the corner and adds, "I can carry the kid if Faux isn’t up to it."
May 25, 2022 10:44 pm
"Yeah, we should get moving..." Gharn simply added with a shudder as he also glanced at Faux and the little girl.
May 26, 2022 3:27 am
From around the corner Faux’s thumb appears with a shaky affirmation. You can hear him getting the dry heaving under control.

After scooping up the child the new surroundings are fully accounted for. The flames have revealed a door just south of the bathroom containing the corpse. In the hallway to the north are doors to the west and east as well as door in the north capping of the hall.
May 27, 2022 1:16 pm
Once everyone is ready, Louis walks up to the first door on the left and tries the handle.
May 28, 2022 2:56 am
The door swings open easy enough.
OOC:
I’m assuming you mean the southern door.
Inside you find more ashy remains of spiders, littered around a rather large billiards room. Two pool tables complete with balls and cues sit oddly untouched by the flames. As does the chairs and other furniture and accessories, all undamaged save for a light dusting of soot. A door sits on the western wall.
May 28, 2022 10:35 am
OOC:
Yep! Sorry, I should have been more specific :P

Louis nudges one of the charred spiders with his hoof. "Yikes. Can’t say I’m sorry we didn’t get a chance to properly acquaint ourselves with these guys."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.