OOC

load previous
Oct 9, 2021 4:34 pm
Glanduk pulled the cricket to cast sleep. Will sleep still work in this situation as intended? It goes out 20 ft, so it almost definitely will grab two of them. Is it possible to grab some of the enemies who haven't joined the fray?
Last edited October 9, 2021 4:42 pm
Oct 9, 2021 4:41 pm
Yes, we can assume the crowd is avoiding the attacking goblins as best they can so not too many people will be caught in the sleep-splash, and those that are will be woken by their friends or the jostling.
Oct 9, 2021 6:38 pm
Actually, let me revise that: as long as the crowd is milling about, Sleep will have half effect in terms of hit points targetted, because some of it will be wasted on the bystanders. But you only need 4hp of effect to knock out each goblin in the AoO, so it about evens out.
Oct 9, 2021 6:53 pm
I'll save sleep then.
Oct 9, 2021 6:53 pm
Mil has advantage on Init thanks to his magical weapon, Moridin, so you can roll that an extra time.

Glanduk and Milo are really going to be carrying the party in terms of initiative checks. Interesting dynamic!
Oct 9, 2021 7:11 pm
Thanks for the reminder.
Oct 9, 2021 7:16 pm
If you can't append new rolls to old posts, it's preferable to use the die roller thread for contextless rolls like that in the future.
Oct 10, 2021 7:31 pm
In deference to Hero being busy, rolled init on Trees' behalf: 14. That's two passes against DC 17, so the PCs act before the enemy. Go for it!

(I was somehow misreading the numbers you'd already rolled, only seeing the die result, not your totals, so you were actually good to go before Trees' roll. Mea culpa.)
Oct 12, 2021 12:18 am
Remember that the jostling crowd of panicking patrons makes the room count as Difficult Terrain - movement costs are doubled. You may not be able to accomplish what you've declared.
Oct 12, 2021 12:33 am
Ah, totally forgot about that. Is it all right to move 15 feet towards the door and use my roll to lob a handaxe at the goblin?
Oct 12, 2021 12:57 am
Yep. You can go ahead and edit that in.
Oct 12, 2021 1:36 am
I'll also add that thanks to Halfling Nimbleness, Milo can weave through the crowd without too much trouble. There are a few halflings and gnomes in the crowd, but mostly medium-sized people.
Oct 15, 2021 8:35 pm
HeroAmongMen, you also get to select an NPC assistance action this round. Go ahead and pick one or I can randomise it. From the previous page:

Black Ravens & Unseen Barmaids. Iminyel's unseen servant staff or Kyrtsor's artifice-wrought raven Mnimi interfere in the fight. A target you choose suffers a the following random condition until the end of your next turn: 1: Blinded, 2: Poisoned, 3: Prone, 4: Restrained.
Mistress of the House. Iminyel's authority helps you sway the crowd. You gain Advantage on one Charisma check to influence them or on an ability check which the crowd could help you with made before the end of your next turn.
Take the Blow. Kyrstor expertly parries an attack or interposes himself between the hostile and victim. Choose a target (A PC or the crowd): the first successful attack against them before the end of your next turn has its damage reduced by 1d8.
Oct 16, 2021 5:39 am
I like these choices. i think with the first I might go with blinded or restrained. maybe the second one when Trees takes his turn? Glanduk isn't the charismatic one. The third one is somewhat promising. It depends on who the target is. I'm not sure about the last one
Oct 18, 2021 9:43 pm
I've rewritten the NPC action choices a little. Raven_179 was right, the fourth one was a little RNG-heavy so I merged it with the first.

I'll note that I'm also treating the goblin zombies as mooks, but in a different way: they effectively have 1hp, so any hit against them triggers their Undead Fortitude ability, requiring them to make a Con save against 5+the damage or be destroyed, bypassed by radiant damage and critical hits.
Oct 19, 2021 12:28 am
Thatch's efforts have cleared the crowd out of your paths momentarily - the room is not Difficult Terrain this round.
Oct 23, 2021 5:29 am
I'll give Trees a day or two to chime in; if not, I'll come up with something.
Oct 27, 2021 2:54 am
Quote:
Just saying, I think I killed that one
Monster Slayer Slays Monster, Film At 11!

edit: Actually, I don't think we want film of this. It's gonna get messy.
Oct 29, 2021 10:12 pm
Post coming up tomorrow or the day after.
Nov 2, 2021 3:40 pm
Hey guys, thank you for your patience with me. After surviving the surge in work, and after recovering from COVID-19 last week, I am ready to get back in the swing of things. Can you please give me a brief rundown of what has occurred in my absense?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.