OOC

load previous
Nov 2, 2021 6:07 pm
We're trying to save the tavern patrons from raiding goblins and goblin-zombies. It's a hectic battle!
Nov 2, 2021 6:23 pm
Luckily, that is basically the gist of it
Nov 3, 2021 2:48 am
Welcome back, Hero. Sounds rough - glad to hear you're doing better.

As the others said, you've only missed a couple of rounds. If you read my two posts on page 4 of the IC thread, you should be all caught up. Time for you to slip in a cheeky Trees-post if you wish before the next round!
Nov 12, 2021 7:07 pm
Hi All, I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of this particular game. Can't seem to catch up on the game and work and everything. As such, I am afraid that I am going to back out of this game.

Thanks for your help and kindness to me, everyone!
Nov 12, 2021 10:28 pm
Understood, Hero. Thanks for letting me know.

How are the rest of you doing? I feel like I'm seeing a lack of enthusiasm in some posts here. Which is fair enough, if so - sometimes games just don't gel. But do let me know if interest's lacking or engagement is waning.
Nov 12, 2021 10:41 pm
I'm simply not the most creative player. I spend a few minutes sometimes writing what little I write and am utterly shocked by other players for how much epic detail they include
Nov 12, 2021 10:55 pm
I think I just forgot that it was the players' turn, so I was mistakenly waiting for the goblins to act. I've just added my action to the mix. Sorry about that!
Nov 20, 2021 8:49 pm
I was planning until the end of the scene before recruiting a new player to replace Trees, but I might go ahead and do so ahead of schedule - might be fun to have them arrive and leap straight into the fray.
Nov 21, 2021 5:37 pm
The convenient thing about your rules on character creation is that they really clear up the options available to us and so a new player will take less time to build a character.
Nov 30, 2021 8:14 pm
(shifting this to the OOC thread rather than IC to better facilitate questions and discussion.)

I'm having some technical issues that make it hard to update the map at the moment. So to finish up this encounter let's switch to a more theatre of the mind mode. Forget the limits of the grid and action economy for the moment and picture the scene, and what your character does to help win the day over the next few hectic minutes.

Choose a proficiency, ability or spell; describe how you employ it in the situation; and make an appropriate roll. If you're swinging into the fray, it might just be an attack roll. If you're using an spell in an ingenious way, it might be an Arcana check. Maybe you lead the goblins on a merry chase with a Performance, Stealth or Deception check. If you're using a racial or class feature, pitch me what you think is an appropriate ability score/proficiency to test. If you burn a resource (e.g. a spell slot or a limited use ability) I'll give you a bonus or advantage, depending on what you use and how you use it.

The base DC is 10, and for every 5 you beat that by you'll get an additional good consequence or avoid a bad consequence when we wrap up the scene.

Tavern Patrons: 13
Rune Tribe Goblins: 4
Undead Goblins: 2
Dec 19, 2021 1:10 am
Hey guys, sorry for the slowdown - things got on top of me the last couple of weeks. I intend to get a reply up before Christmas, one after, then get back into the swing of things in the new year. Happy holidays, all!
Dec 22, 2021 5:38 am
No worries, happy holidays Dirigible
Feb 21, 2022 10:40 pm
Hey everyone. I think it's clear this game is dead in the water - it never really caught on, and I'm having difficulty mustering the inspiration to get it going and continue the story. I'm going to call it here. Thank you for your patience and contributions while it lasted!
Feb 22, 2022 3:03 am
Thank you for running the game!
Feb 22, 2022 8:08 pm
It was certainly fun
Feb 22, 2022 8:13 pm
Thanks, guys. Catch you around.

I'll delete the game in 24 hours in case you want to save your character sheets or anything.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.