General Chat

Aug 8, 2021 3:39 pm
We can use this thread to discuss things that may not be related to this game in particular.
Aug 8, 2021 3:50 pm
Hey Rezart, I know you applied before we had a place to discuss what you wanted from this game. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

So, what are you looking for from this?
I noticed that you are down for teaching PbtA, but don't want to presume. Are you wanting to be a spare body to help other newbies, or are you wanting the newbie experience yourself? Both are fine, but if you are wanting an introduction to how GP or PbP work, I have just done bowlofspinach's Introduction to Gamersplane and PBP and can highly recommend it. I do not plan to duplicate their work here, but will cover just enough GP specific stuff to get new players going.
Aug 8, 2021 10:34 pm
I was looking to play, but am more than willing to be an extra resource/GM if required.
Aug 8, 2021 10:43 pm
The intent here is for new players to get to try out the system, and for this game to be available whenever a new player arrive.

If you are willing to be a 'helpful player' and support those new players, then that is very useful.
At times when we don't have new players, the support players can play as normal, with the caveat that we will focus on any new players as they arrive. Anything the old-hands do should not put the world into a state where new players can not drop in and get going fast.
Aug 10, 2021 2:47 am
vagueGM says:
The intent here is for new players to get to try out the system, and for this game to be available whenever a new player arrive.

If you are willing to be a 'helpful player' and support those new players, then that is very useful.
At times when we don't have new players, the support players can play as normal, with the caveat that we will focus on any new players as they arrive. Anything the old-hands do should not put the world into a state where new players can not drop in and get going fast.
Sure, I'm fine with that. I'll hold off doing anything until new players show up.
Aug 10, 2021 2:57 am
... Or until we have a group of experienced support players and just want to do a little world-building in quest form. :)
Aug 12, 2021 7:43 pm
Welcome OkumHart.

I see you have applied for the other games in this series as well. Do you have a preference for which to handle first? All at once can be overwhelming. :)
This one is the only one with another player (so far) and also the only one with anywhere to chat. When interest for the other ones surfaces, I will get their forums set up, so you don't have to do 'fantasy' if you would prefer something else.
Aug 12, 2021 11:46 pm
No this is fine, I've played mostly fantasy so it's what I am most familiar with. I also am looking forward to playing, learning, and enjoying a good game.
Aug 12, 2021 11:52 pm
Hi Rezart, I'm Okum a brand new PbP player. Looking forward to gaming with you.
Aug 13, 2021 12:33 am
Hey theatreofcomets. Cool username. :)
What are you hoping to get from this game?
Aug 13, 2021 3:52 am
Should we roll stats here?
Aug 13, 2021 3:56 am
When we are ready I will probably start a Character Creation thread. We can then chat about what we want to play and party composition there. I will probably do that tomorrow once everyone has checked in.

We should have enough players to start if everyone here is ready.
Aug 13, 2021 4:00 am
Sounds good
Aug 13, 2021 4:02 am
The world is open for us to define as we play. Does anyone have any ideas about a quest for us to go on? We just need a start.
If not, I can put up a few ideas on a Job Board and characters can pick which to do after we have done character creation.

The more I know about the sorts of things that interest you all, the more I can make quests and scenarios that we want to go on.
Aug 13, 2021 5:08 am
OkumHart says:
Hi Rezart, I'm Okum a brand new PbP player. Looking forward to gaming with you.
Hi Okum! Same here!
Last edited August 13, 2021 5:08 am
Aug 13, 2021 5:27 am
I have created a thread for Character Creation.
For now we will stick to the rules roll for stats, in order (though I have thoughts on the original, historical meaning of that phrase:).
If you simply can not see yourself playing the stats you rolled we can talk about allowing a reroll, on a case-by-case basis.

Part of the character creation process is also defining the world. Ask questions, make suggestions. Nothing much exists yet so we are free to say whatever we want. None of you have explored very far (if at all) from where we start.

Also add any rumors you or your characters may have heard. Some of them might turn out to be true. I will be listening as you create your characters and taking notes of anything interesting sounding to add it to the world.

As always. If you have any question about how things work, ask.
Aug 13, 2021 5:40 am
For character creation, under skills it should probably say choose two skills, not one. Normally you choose only one skill because your class gives you the other one (or two, in the case of Cleric), but if you are going with create your own class as the default, they'd need to choose both their skills.
Last edited August 13, 2021 5:40 am
Aug 13, 2021 6:17 am
Mutter mutter.. know it all, calling out the GM's mistakes... :)

Quite right. Corrected in the rules now. Thanks.
Please let me know if I missed anything else.
Aug 13, 2021 6:19 am
So, here's another 'lesson' for those new to PbP: Sometimes people will be unable to respond for a while. To demonstrate this, I will be gone for some hours.
Aug 13, 2021 7:04 am
vagueGM says:
Hey theatreofcomets. Cool username. :)
What are you hoping to get from this game?
Hey there, just keen to get some experience playing PBTA games, and actually just some more experience role-playing.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.