Waiting...

Aug 8, 2021 3:40 pm
If we are waiting for someone else to post before we do, drop a message here clearly stating exactly what we are waiting for. At a minimum: include the player and character names in bold so they can easily see it. Links to the thread in question are optional.

This is not a gating mechanism. You don't have to wait for this thread before posting, but if you are called out here: Please respond, even if it is just to say "I am waiting for ..." or "Skip me, too busy."

Failure to respond may result in your action being skipped. It may be possible to still add it later, but pay attention to the new situation before posting.
Oct 8, 2021 9:34 pm
Let's wait for a day to see where Meht is and what they are doing. (ref: On the Road)

theatreofcomets: I know you are busy with your own games' setup, let us know if you want us to push your character into the background for a bit.
Dec 13, 2021 1:09 am
Sorry for the delay everyone. I had subscribed to the individual threads, but a new thread started so I wasn't aware. Mike pointed out that you can subscribe to the entire forum, which is what I should have done. Maybe something to add to the welcome?
Dec 13, 2021 7:50 am
No worries, thanks for letting us know.

I don't want to put too much in the initial 'welcome' and overwhelm people (we don't know yet what is new to them), but this sort of thing needs to go somewhere. A second page with site related tips and tricks seems appropriate after the players is definitely onboard? But Adding something like this to the Help! thread might be the best place?

I started a place to work on a Crowd-Sourced Help page.
Dec 24, 2021 4:04 am
Hi all, I'll be largely off the radar for the next 48 hours with Xmas stuff, back in action sometime on Boxing Day.
Dec 24, 2021 9:13 am
Everyone seems to have slowed. That is understandable.

I am around. If anyone wants to do any one-on-one scenes (backstory, inner-dialogue, whatever) to avoid waiting for others, we can do that.
Dec 26, 2021 4:23 pm
I hadn't gotten any email updates lately (last 2 days or so) of new posts. Don't know if something is up with that or maybe I just missed it.
Dec 26, 2021 5:07 pm
paladintodd says:
I hadn't gotten any email updates lately (last 2 days or so) of new posts. Don't know if something is up with that or maybe I just missed it.
Check that they are not being filed as spam. Otherwise let Keleth (or myself) know your address and we can take a look.
Dec 26, 2021 10:19 pm
Not in my spam. Didn't get an email for either of the two posts you've made since either of my posts.
Dec 26, 2021 10:28 pm
OK, good to know your (PM) emails are working.

Next thing to check is that the threads or forums all appear in your subscriptions.
You only get emails for things you have subscribed to.
Dec 27, 2021 2:27 am
I'm subscribed to the entire forum. It was all working fine last week. Just nothing the last few days.
Dec 27, 2021 3:36 am
You also need to subscribe to each subforum, it is not recursive.
To check the system:
Is there an option to subscribe to this thread at the top of this thread?
Does it say 'Unsubscribe from Forum' at the bottom of the forum page?
If no and yes, respectively, we will need to have Keleth check the code.
Dec 28, 2021 3:28 pm
I'm not subscribed to individual subforums or threads. It was working last week. Not sure what changed. I'll go add subscriptions all over the place and hope that fixes it.
Dec 28, 2021 7:54 pm
Strange that it ever worked.
Let us know how it goes.
Dec 28, 2021 7:55 pm
OK, that one sent an email. So it looks good.
Jan 1, 2022 3:06 am
Hey all, sorry to have been quiet these last few days - I have a family holiday starting soon which has taken a bit of prep and I've been preoccupied. Realistically I'm unlikely to have much time to post before Jan 21st, so I think it's best if Meht is in the background until then.
Jan 1, 2022 3:12 am
Should we commit to backgrounding Meht?

We could say something (rangery/druidy) came up in the area and he had to deal with it, and can simply reappear wherever we are when in he is done.

We can wait till you get back before we worry about details. Maybe a Love Letter roll when you return will be in order (work out your status), but three weeks is not that long, so maybe we will not have gotten very far in that time and we can just say you went hunting for a few hours. :)
Jan 1, 2022 7:32 am
Yep, that sounds good, thank you!
Jan 1, 2022 2:49 pm
Could say the Fog took him. If we ever get on the game trail, he could scout ahead and disappear.
Jan 1, 2022 10:10 pm
I find it best not to define this sort of thing more than we have to. Makes it smoother when we bring them back, which is more important than being smooth when they leave.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.