[Closed][D&D 5e Vignettes]: Under Waterdeep

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 12, 2021 4:58 pm
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/yFkxwTDVEA90N7yC_7Rn9zvWgVWUNUMgORF5VlXrhqE/%3F1429417007/https/db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/94871/assets/449737/council.jpg?width=1202&height=676

✅ The Pitch. Attention lady's, gentlemen, and barbarian spacemonkeies!

Fryanna has the word!
The lord commander sits down as a blue-winged fairy explains the situation.

Something is wrong under Waterdeep. A group of adventures has entered a vault hidden under Waterdeep, and we divined the outcome to be an influx of gold to the city just when the economy needs it most. This has not happened. The adventures have not returned and we fear they have failed to perform according to the divination.

We want you 4 to go down into the vault and sort this mess out.

✅ Vignette, what does that mean? This is a Vignette where we are cutting right to the chase. We just play a very small part of a larger adventure. A small dungeon, a confrontation with the mastermind, ect.
This is a small dungeon where there is a bit of exploration and then a confrontation, where you sort out the mess the previous adventure party made. Don't slip in it, or the remains of the previous adventure party. There won't be character groth or untangling of mysteries, just the finally of an adventure.

✅ The Game System and Rules Version. Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition

✅ Character Restrictions. Stats generated with Point buy. Level 15 (multiclass allowed). Source material: Anything published by Wizards of the coast is automatically allowed. Unearthed Acana and anything else, swing it by me first.

✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency. This will be a short game. Post frequency is 5 posts pr week minimum

✅ Specialized Software and Resources. None required, but as this is a high-level game, I would deeply appreciate it if characters were made on DnDbeyond for easy reference.

✅ Player Experience Requirements. This should not be your first D&D game. There is a ton of choices in the character creation process making such a high-level character.

✅ How to Apply. I will select players based on interest shown here or by PM.

✅ Marginalized Groups Welcome. This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.

✅ Adult Content or Controversial Themes. Greed and angry reptiles.

Last edited August 13, 2021 7:50 pm
Aug 12, 2021 6:32 pm
https://i.imgur.com/qKsSDh0.png
Stochastia

Chaotic-chaos tiefling wild magic sorcereress.

"Imma about taking the law into my own hands, starting with the law of averages, ring that bell curve, and put the deviant in standard deviation. Ain't nothing natural about my twenties."

Stochastia puts the wild in wild magic and epitomises 'the luck of the devil' - she just ain't saying whether it's good luck or bad.
Last edited August 12, 2021 6:35 pm
Aug 12, 2021 7:16 pm
I am VERY interested in playing this game.

Len

Aug 13, 2021 4:10 am
Very interested! If accepted, I'd like to play the human Gideon Price, a high-ranking Knight of the Mystic Fire, an order of Paladins who serve Mystra, the Goddess of Magic. The Mystic Fire Knights have aligned strongly with the Lord's Alliance, believing that a strong and politically united Sword Coast will be prosperous for magic research and opposing those who would misuse Mystra's gifts. He is both a protector of spell casters and a slayer of evil mages.

Why do the Mystic Fire Knights care about gold? Gold is especially important to wizardly research. The purchasing and importing of spell components, the transcribing of spellbooks, and the accumulation of arcane tomes are all extremely expensive. A faltering economy in Waterdeep could slow magical research considerably across the Sword Coast and leave the Order vulnerable to distant enemies such as the Red Wizards of Thay.

Mechanically, this character would multiclass combination of Paladin and Wizard. Personality-wise, this is a lawful neutral style character to whom the ends justify the means. He is usually logical and dispassionate, like Spock from Star Trek.
[ +- ] Gideon Price, Mageslayer
[ +- ] Gideon Price, Portrait
Runekyndig, you may recognize this character from the ill-fated Eberron game that we were both in about 1.5 years ago!
Aug 13, 2021 5:46 am
lenpelletier says:
Runekyndig, you may recognize this character from the ill-fated Eberron game that we were both in about 1.5 years ago!
With that portrait? To me, they'll be DM_MD's grumpy Paladin "Doc" who only ever smiled when nobles got into trouble.

Len

Aug 13, 2021 6:32 am
My concept keeps evolving, so that might not be an issue. Instead of a logical stick-in-the-mud, now I'm imagining a less stable mind that has touched the divine and is losing his grip on reality as his power grows. At this stage, Price has trouble discerning if he is seeing the past, the present, or the future. His thoughts are in chaos as he burns with the Mystic Fire, but his temporally challenged mind will supply RP fuel to explain his powers (and inevitable poor rolls).
[ +- ] Gideon Price
Aug 13, 2021 6:40 am
So we'll have Stochastia who submits herself to the whims of chance, and Gideon-the-unhinged.

We should call ourselves "The Eh?! Team"

Len

Aug 13, 2021 6:57 am
"In 1492 DR, a cracked commando unit was sent to Waterdeep by a military organization for a crime somebody else committed. These men promptly escaped into a maximum security stockade in the Waterdeep underground. Today, still wanted by the Lords Alliance they survive as soldiers hunting a fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you are really, really desperate ...maybe you can hire The Eh?! Team!"
Sep 15, 2021 9:29 am
We have just compleated the Vignette, and it took us about a month.

The story was rather simple:
[ +- ] A little spoiler to Waterdeep: Dragonheist
The end
https://gamersplane.com/forums/7972/

As the GM I think this Vignette was a success, and hopefully, this was not the last time we see some of these. It was a good chance to play around in the higher levels of D&D 5e
Sep 15, 2021 4:47 pm
Agreed, it was loads of fun!

Len

Sep 15, 2021 6:24 pm
Here here, loads of fun! Thanks to everyone in this game, especially Rune for running it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.