Character Backstories [D&D 5e] *CLOSED*

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic1 / dayKoldikSteelskin
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/0ad52a02-52ff-414f-ad04-356594fa4cab/dc7aezi-4f80cbd0-2d5b-4d9b-bf2e-77179dd122f1.jpg/v1/fill/w_646,h_350,q_70,strp/party_by_angevere_dc7aezi-350t.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODY3IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGFkNTJhMDItNTJmZi00MTRmLWFkMDQtMzU2NTk0ZmE0Y2FiXC9kYzdhZXppLTRmODBjYmQwLTJkNWItNGQ5Yi1iZjJlLTc3MTc5ZGQxMjJmMS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTYwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.tsn3ehdtsTVcGzyMZ2EJW7XBvn6-Bi7Z7Tol7J5rhk0
βœ… The Pitch. this is not your typical D&D campaign YOU will the only player and the story will be focused on YOU whether you have a character in another campaign you are looking to develop their backstory further or you just want to create a character and live the most significant event in their life. Whether that's running away from your life as a king or finding your Warlock Patron. this game is for Your character you practically build the adventure if you want your character to try to tame a dragon go for it, or if you want them to betray their Nation then go for it!
Inspiration for this came from the Spawn Of Chaos podcast's Character Episodes

βœ… Adult Content or Controversial Themes. None.

βœ…Post Frequency. I prefer games that run with at least 3-4 posts per week but my limits are probably from 2 posts per week to 5 per week (I'm often not posting on weekends).

βœ…Game Duration. When you apply for this game I want to be very clear that after accepted into the game you should expect 1-2 weeks for me to ask questions and prepare the adventure, after that the adventure should take approximately 1-3 months depending on the length of the story.

βœ… Specialized Software and Resources. None however if you wish to manage your character on D&D beyond or some other software that can easily be shared just let me know.

βœ… Player Experience Requirements. You should know enough about D&D 5e to build you own character and understand how to make that character fit you concepts.

βœ… How to Apply. write an In depth backstory with a point in which you want to run the adventure or a basic idea of what sort of adventure and background your interested in what levels of what class/classes the character would be and why this is an important moment in the characters life.
OOC:
It looks like the best way to apply will be to send me a PM to make things more clear when your ready or clearly title your post Application.
βœ… Other. I will try to accept most applicants however there are various reasons which may cause me to deny your application here are a few reasons:
Game Genre: If I think I cannot DM a particular genre say Si-Fi then I will deny your application.
My Enjoyment: Ultimately though what it comes down to though is if I think I will enjoy DMing a particular story.

Disclaimer: This is 1 on 1 I at no point plan to Intertwine these stories.

Sep 7, 2021 2:40 pm
Last edited December 6, 2021 3:48 pm
Sep 7, 2021 3:29 pm
This is a super interesting idea!

Out of curiosity, how is the story developed? Let's say I've got a fighter that was raised on the streets and I want to develop her backstory a bit. Would I need to come up with the general conflict/setting involved, or would "raised on the streets, please help me develop that further" be enough?
Sep 7, 2021 3:39 pm
skeptical_stun says:
This is a super interesting idea!

Out of curiosity, how is the story developed? Let's say I've got a fighter that was raised on the streets and I want to develop her backstory a bit. Would I need to come up with the general conflict/setting involved, or would "raised on the streets, please help me develop that further" be enough?
I'm open to collaborative building but the purpose is more for those who already know what they want to play.
now of course if you are trying to develop this character for a game that you are currently or are planning to play in that makes me even more eager to help so Yes and No all at the same time. if you have a character concept but want to work on figuring out how they came to be who they are or if you have a Strong Backstory but are having trouble figuring out what they would act like that's cool too.
The purpose is to have fun, develop strong characters and Help both people better understand what you need to create a good characters.
Sep 7, 2021 4:00 pm
I really like this idea and I'm upset that you thought of it before me πŸ˜„

I have some character ideas that might work really well for something like this as a player as well, though, so I'll think about it and might apply to it soon.
Sep 7, 2021 4:01 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I really like this idea and I'm upset that you thought of it before me πŸ˜„

I have some character ideas that might work really well for something like this as a player as well, though, so I'll think about it and might apply to it soon.
May I recommend running it for another System?
Sep 7, 2021 4:05 pm
I might, but the games I would usually run don't really lend themselves to this. I might go system agnostic or something and just use very simple mechanics in this. I'll definitely think about it
Sep 7, 2021 4:14 pm
Quote:
finding your Warlock Patron
It is almost always glossed over and something in the past. It could be interesting to explore how a warlock became - how a person was pushed to the edge and made the deal.
Sep 8, 2021 9:31 pm
bowlofspinach sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
Sep 9, 2021 11:59 am
bowlofspinach says:
KoldikSteelskin sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
Awesome! Invited!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.