[Closed] INTEREST CHECK: Geist The Sin-Eaters 2e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 14, 2021 4:44 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/mgkYqMPg/unnamed.png

I currently running another Geist game. Due to several requests, I decided to start a second game of Geist: The Sin-Eaters 2e. If you've wanted to try the Chronicles of Darkness, this is your chance. Newcomers are welcome.

It's a story that begins with a death... your death. Imagine you had a heart attack. Maybe you drowned. Maybe a bullet or a car accident or a wild animal ended your life. Whatever the details, as you reach that liminal place between life and death, you are approached by a mysterious being that offers you a Bargain.

Sin-Eaters, also called The Bound, are people who died and are brought back to life thanks to an encounter with a powerful Underworld entity called a Geist. But they are forever changed. In return for their second chance, the Sin-Eater's body plays host to the Geist, and they are now capable or seeing and interacting with ghosts, along with a whole assortment of other death-related powers. Some Sin-Eaters can scream like banshees or make walls bleed. Some can curse the living or alter their own bodies with ectoplasm. Some can summon up the bubbling waters of the River Styx. Some eat ghosts to gain their strength. And some descend into the Underworld to learn its mysteries and become Gods of Death.

The ability to see and hear ghosts has a profound effect on most Sin-Eaters, who find themselves unable to ignore the suffering of the invisible spirits around them. Most of the Bound become champions of the Dead and use their abilities to intervene and give a voice to the voiceless. As a Sin-Eater, you are a psychopomp who maintains the balance between Life and Death, while helping ghosts resolve their regrets and Move On.

The setting for this game is New Orleans, Louisiana - purportedly the most haunted city in the United States. The plot will be a southern gothic ghost story.

The first edition of G:TSE had a lot of potential but suffered from significant design problems. Even after the release of major errata (in the form of Geist: The Sin-Eaters v1.1), many issues remained. Yet I always considered this game a wonderful diamond in the rough. I'm happy to say that the second edition has resolved most, if not all, of the problems with the first edition. It's a great game. Not only are you creating a Sin-Eater character, but you also get to design your Geist companion as well. Ghost characters are also an option.

Geist: The Sin-Eaters in part of the Chronicles of Darkness, and as such, exists in the same universe as other ChroD games: Vampire: The Requiem, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Mage: The Awakening, etc.

System: Chronicles of Darkness Second Edition Storytelling System

Adult Content/Themes: Geist: The Sin-Eaters strongly centers around the topic of death, as well as other mature subject matter. This is unavoidable given the nature of the characters and the setting. Grief, religion, violence, suicide, and trauma are all things that could potentially make an appearance in this game. Granted, I'll always try to address these topics respectfully and tastefully.

Game Duration: Ongoing campaign with no set duration. The game will continue for as long as people want to play.

Post Frequency: Three times a week at minimum.

Player Experience Requirements: Open to anyone. Newbies are welcome. System is moderate crunch. Send me a message if access to the books is an issue for you.

Character Restrictions: Only Sin-Eaters or The Absent (ghosts). No characters from other Chronicles of Darkness splats.

Permissible Books: Geist: The Sin-Eaters Second Edition, Memento Mori, The Chronicles of Darkness, and The Hurt Locker.

How to Apply: No application process. Spots are first come, first served. Leave a post expressing your interest in the game, or message me.

https://i.postimg.cc/XqrMkhWz/30843718eb362186b7d9112a20afe85d.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/8C7n3v97/3c4e79c36842c1ab550a79c52c26b48a.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vH342xWF/701324b1ecfd70c72d6da86586ae9cff195e938189ad7fdfda7285b1cd3840fa.png
Last edited October 2, 2021 10:18 pm
Sep 14, 2021 9:26 pm
Oh I’ve wanted to try this game! Count me in!
Sep 15, 2021 2:05 am
I'd be interested as well. I'm currently running a Hunter the Vigil 2e game so I'm familiar with CoD 2e. Just not Geist in particular.
Sep 15, 2021 3:30 pm
WarDomo says:
I'd be interested as well. I'm currently running a Hunter the Vigil 2e game so I'm familiar with CoD 2e. Just not Geist in particular.
Nice! Always good to have someone with experience.
Sep 15, 2021 8:30 pm
I’m very new to gamers plane. How does it work? Do I register somewhere for the game?
Sep 16, 2021 12:18 am
LactoseTheIntolerant says:
I’m very new to gamers plane. How does it work? Do I register somewhere for the game?
Just express your interest and when the game is ready the GM will send invites to you so you can join the game. You can check your email for a link if you don't get one here.

I believe that's how it works since I'm a bit new here too.
Sep 16, 2021 12:19 am
Generally that's how it works, yeah. If you need confirmation on whether or not you're being invited, you can always click on the DM's name (in this case Gnome_Chomsky) and send him a private message. They can link you the game directly.
Sep 16, 2021 4:41 pm
LactoseTheIntolerant says:
Once I’ve set up the game, I will post a link to it and you can join from there. This is just an initial interest check thread.
Sep 18, 2021 7:00 pm
I'd absolutely be interested in Geist 2E! I was just checking out the site in general and seeing Geist, which I've owned for a while but has always been too rare to find a group for, was absolutely electric.
Last edited September 18, 2021 7:05 pm
Sep 18, 2021 7:02 pm
Viatos says:
I'd absolutely be interested in Geist 2E!
What he said!
Sep 19, 2021 5:19 am
Awesome. Give me a few days to set up the game. Once it's ready, I'll post the link here and probably send out invites.
Sep 20, 2021 7:40 pm
Okay the game has been set up. It's called Last Rites. Here's the link: https://gamersplane.com/games/3213
Last edited September 20, 2021 7:41 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.