SURPRISE, F*ER (Interest check)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 19, 2021 10:47 pm
SURPRISE, FUCKER
This game is just too damned good. I need to play it. Who is in? I am 50/50 up for GMing it - basically I will run if no one else volunteers.

We would need to come up with a one sentence setting. Here are your setting choices:

1) Samurais avenging some junk
2) Something Quentin Tarantino would make a film of
3) F-you a-hole, I make up my own choices

EDIT: The game has been created. Here is the game description for any newcomers that might be interested:
Game Details
Game Forums

This is a game about foul language, cheesy one-liners, and Kill Bill levels of violence. There is a good chance that we might even get some character development in. We will be telling an R-rated story along the lines of a crime comedy. The exact situation will be addressed in character creation.

The game system is SURPRISE, FUCKER. It is a 1-page pdf.

R-rated crime can get intense. Let's make sure everyone is happy with where we take this. While sprays of blood are ok, we will not be describing excessive brutality. Seduction is ok, and we will keep any details down to short summaries and handwaving, but we will not have any forced sex or rape. If anything else comes up that is uncomfortable or out of bounds for you, just communicate that in whatever way you are comfortable - via pm or ooc and everyone will be happy to respect your wishes.

This game welcomes people and characters of marginalized groups.

Character Creation
we will be building characters and fleshing out the game in the game forums.

The drill is pretty straight forward - name, what makes you a snowflake, 3 things you ROCK at and 3 things you SUCK at.

You will be taking on a criminal underworld somehow. Exactly what yet, I don't know. I want to see your character ideas and will build off of that.

Your group may be criminals themselves, part of the law enforcement, siblings just trying to set things right, geriatric retirees out to make a name for themselves before they go, or whatever.

The mission may be to steal something of very high value, to take down the dirtbags, to avenge your poor mother, to prove even the toughest vault isn't safe, or whatever.
Last edited September 21, 2021 8:15 am
Sep 19, 2021 11:02 pm
I read the "original post" and fyeah! Surprise me :D
Last edited September 19, 2021 11:03 pm
Sep 19, 2021 11:08 pm
Surprise ****er! It's the Rap Demon. Cash O'Flaherty
Like Patrick Bateman, I'm a bonafide psycho American
I murdered Marshall Mathers at the battle rap to the death and friend
there are no limits I won't go to raise the stakes again
the revolution has been digitized now that the rap god is dead
In that fateful battle I took D-12 and Buried them
I'm here to rock the world and bring the violence
You don't have a choice to play my mix it's shopped at gunpoint
Wake up the sheeple, for the barbeque, because I'm a cannibal
because this revolution is for real and not commercial shill

I rock at:
Leadership: Spitting bars, I'll murder with my words and my beats.
Intimidation: Cold blooded thriller, Bonafide Wigsplitter, I'm a lady killer
Durability: Getting Back on my feet again, I run on blood and sin

I Suck at:
Restraint: At saying no to drugs. Give it to me cuz I need it!
Calm: Keeping cool? Nah Get Angry! It's the only way to be.
Stealth: Subtle, **** subtle, I'm here to be witnessed.

*From Battle Rap to the Death By Cash O'Flaherty
Last edited September 21, 2021 9:31 pm
Sep 19, 2021 11:33 pm
I'm in. I need a palate cleanser, and this seems short enough to work perfectly. I'll get a character together once we choose a setting. Or if I find a perfect one.

To clarify, playing rather than running it.
Last edited September 19, 2021 11:34 pm
Sep 19, 2021 11:37 pm
I'm not interested in GMing, but I do enjoy a fun, rules light game every so often.

Jomsviking's post has just made me want to suggest something with a rap group so that we all get the fun of describing our characters in rhyme. x)

Like, "Rap group defends earth from alien invasion and still finds time to drop chart shattering album!!!"
Sep 19, 2021 11:45 pm
Evendurtallstag says:
"Rap group defends earth from alien invasion and still finds time to drop chart shattering album!!!"
It also works in virtually every setting. Like in the Samurai setting, we're just huddling over the bodies of our enemies spitting haiku.
Sep 19, 2021 11:53 pm
Jomsviking says:
Evendurtallstag says:
"Rap group defends earth from alien invasion and still finds time to drop chart shattering album!!!"
It also works in virtually every setting. Like in the Samurai setting, we're just huddling over the bodies of our enemies spitting haiku.
You're not wrong, though, I'd rather just spit bars than have to conform to a haiku structure, lol
Sep 20, 2021 12:23 am
The smell of sulfur
Breath and thud of the fallen
It's O'Flaherty
Sep 20, 2021 12:27 am
Haiku would be fun, but I am game if we skip the samurai setting.

Criminal underworld kingpin, just banked a truck full of cash, doesn't know we are coming.
Sep 20, 2021 12:59 am
Well, I mean, if we're going with rap group against Criminal underworld kingpin...

Surprise ******! It's the R4P H4CK3R, Cortana Thomson!

I Rock At
Computers: "Clickety-clack, keys like guns on attack."
Stealth: "Try, you ain't find me no more, all your searches turnin' up is 404."
Cooking: "Better grub than you get from the Mrs, just one more way I be dishin' out disses."

I Suck At:
Driving: "My car like a blue screen, I always crash."
Intimidating: "I can't be scary, my teeth just gnash."
Acrobatics: "Have you seen me try and walk? My balance trash."
Last edited September 20, 2021 2:17 pm
Sep 20, 2021 1:15 am
Not gonna lie, Iā€™d be interested in a fun short term game. Never had the opportunity to try Surprise, Fuckers. Iā€™d be nice to give it a go. I like the hip hop/rap group vs. criminal kingpin idea.
Sep 20, 2021 2:54 am
I think @jomsviking has set the tone and I love it.

Wait.

I mean...

I LOVE it.
Last edited September 20, 2021 7:46 pm
Sep 20, 2021 6:26 am
The question is, the mean streets of where?
Sep 20, 2021 8:23 am
Guys, this whole thread cracks me up! In fact, I'm super tempted to join the game!

I'm going to have to ask everyone to throttle back on the f-bombs though. Maybe asterisk them out, yeah? This is an interest check thread and therefore a public space.

Please see our forum guidelines:
Quote:
Keep all discussion PG-13... No heavy cursing
There'll be plenty of opportunity for that in-game. ;-)
Sep 20, 2021 1:48 pm
SURPRISE, F*ER! It's Private Bill!

I ROCK AT
Strength: I am a mule, carrying my pack and yours and a few extra things just in case. Watch out, I kick.
Cleaning: What body?
Munitions: It is a good day when it rains, and I love making it rain.

I SUCK AT
Organization: Today isn't the first time I forget something. Sorry.
Focus: Damn, I could really use a couple of tacos right now.
??? WIP
Sep 20, 2021 1:53 pm
It seems like you folks have a good amount of interest, so I'm going to back out of this one. I love the Rap Group idea, but I'm HORRIBLE at stuff like finding good rhymes and I need a low-stress game, not a frustrating one šŸ˜

It looks like it should be a blast, have fun!
Sep 20, 2021 1:59 pm
skeptical_stun says:
It seems like you folks have a good amount of interest, so I'm going to back out of this one. I love the Rap Group idea, but I'm HORRIBLE at stuff like finding good rhymes and I need a low-stress game, not a frustrating one šŸ˜

It looks like it should be a blast, have fun!
You could be a DJ or a manager? No need to actually do rhymes either way. I've just gotten into a lot of nerdcore rap during the pandemic and wanted to also spit bars after seeing the Rap Demon, lol
Sep 20, 2021 2:02 pm
Evendurtallstag says:
You could be a DJ or a manager? No need to actually do rhymes either way. I've just gotten into a lot of nerdcore rap during the pandemic and wanted to also spit bars after seeing the Rap Demon, lol
I debated those ideas, or being a break dancer or something, but I took it as a sign. I probably shouldn't take on another game in the first place, I've got plenty to do in my life to keep me busy, haha
Sep 20, 2021 5:19 pm
That's fair, no worries.

I am enjoying this concept too much, I was bored on break and re-wrote Joms and Constable's stuff to be rhyming verses like mine. XD
Sep 20, 2021 5:20 pm
We have enough to form a group. I suggested the criminal underground heist, but did not intend on dictating. Any last thoughts on a theme, or shall we take that to a game board to discuss?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.