SURPRISE, F*ER (Interest check)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 20, 2021 5:27 pm
I'm good with taking on a criminal underworld.
Sep 21, 2021 3:31 am
We fight the crime, with crime to boost our street credit.
Sep 21, 2021 5:16 am
Out of curiosity, have any of you heard of an rpg called Wyrd is Bond? It’s a game in which the rap scene and urban inner city culture control the secrets of magic. So basically, streets gangs and rappers are also sorcerers. It’s a really unique and interesting setting. The concept for this Surprise, F****r game is reminding me of WiB for some reason, but minus the magic.

https://i.postimg.cc/RZRZFY88/00106718-D0-A2-459-D-8-BAB-0-E35-DE803941.webp
Last edited September 21, 2021 6:47 am
Sep 21, 2021 6:18 am
Games like that remind me how infinitely creative people are. Love it.
Sep 21, 2021 6:54 am
LactoseTheIntolerant says:
Out of curiosity, have any of you heard of an rpg called Wyrd is Bond? It’s a game in which the rap scene and urban inner city culture control the secrets of magic. So basically, streets gangs and rappers are also sorcerers. It’s a really unique and interesting setting. The concept for this Surprise, F****r game is reminding me of WiB for some reason, but minus the magic.

https://i.postimg.cc/RZRZFY88/00106718-D0-A2-459-D-8-BAB-0-E35-DE803941.webp
Busta Rhymes would be like a magic machine gun.... FlipMode!
Sep 21, 2021 8:03 am
The game has been setup. We'll be running something along the lines of taking on a criminal underworld. No particular emphasis on rap or song, but please do make that part of your character if you wish! We will be fleshing out the exact setting, group cohesion, and mission during character creation in the game forums.

Character Creation

The drill is pretty straight forward - name, what makes you a snowflake, 3 things you ROCK at and 3 things you SUCK at.

You will be taking on a criminal underworld somehow. Exactly what yet, I don't know. I want to see your character ideas and will build off of that.

Your group may be criminals themselves, part of the law enforcement, siblings just trying to set things right, geriatric retirees out to make a name for themselves before they go, or whatever.

The mission may be to steal something of very high value, to take down the dirtbags, to avenge your poor mother, to prove even the toughest vault isn't safe, or whatever.
Last edited September 21, 2021 8:14 am
Sep 21, 2021 5:32 pm
That all sounds good to me. I'll post my character on the game board.
Sep 22, 2021 8:00 am
I was thinking about being just a street thug who was good at battle rap, so good he challenged Eminem to Battle Rap to the Death and murdered Slim Shady with his words, literally. This unlocked his badass powers and he had to fight the rest of D-12 to get out of the venue alive, and has been the posterchild for the revolution, the real one, ever since.

That jive with you oh Game Master?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.