Part Three: Dammit Janet

load previous
Apr 16, 2022 2:49 pm
"George! What is the matter with you? This isn't the time or the place for humor." To Em he says, "I don't know. But something is very wrong in here and what the hell was that noise?"

KCC

Apr 17, 2022 12:34 am
Your ears strain for the noise. There’s a murmuring from the room with the chairs arranged around what seems like a small, recently put out fire.

And then your hear actual, distinct words:

"…Bobby, will you shut up…"

They’re hushed but pointed. Commanding. And then the murmuring falls silent.

KCC

Apr 17, 2022 12:39 am
Mr Rogan breaks through the tree-line, his whistle still sitting on his lips. He blows it a final time, within view of the two waiting in what seems like the parking lot outside Pumping Plant One. Their heads snap to him. He kind of lurches to a halt and takes a moment to gather himself after the sudden rush here.

"They've gone inside." one of the two birdwatchers waiting says.

"One of them looked hurt."

With a grunt that signals he heard what they said, he moves towards the door of the Plant.

"Tell the others to move their…" It’s Mr Rogan who speaks this time. He would have said ‘asses’. But something stops him.

He turns from the birdwatchers and pushes into the darkness of Pumping Plant One.
Apr 17, 2022 1:13 am
OOC:
Can we see outside from the room(s) we're in? Are there windows? Also, gentle reminder of the time of day, please?

KCC

Apr 17, 2022 1:18 am
OOC:
You’re well into the day now. You went to the video store and then had lunch at Rosie’s. Followed by a trek up to Pumping Plant One. I want to eat around 3pm.

And yes, as you’re just at the corner of the L, I’d say that you could probably see out into the parking lot. Some of the windows are broken, but some are surely intact. There are several floors, so I’d say you wandered your way up a floor or two in an attempt to lose them.
Apr 17, 2022 1:37 am
OOC:
Quote:
I want to eat around 3pm.
There's a name for this mid-afternoon Hobbit meal, but I forget what it is...
Apr 17, 2022 3:47 am
OOC:
Tea?
George grabs Faye. "Did I hear Coach Rogan?"
Apr 17, 2022 6:20 am
Faye freezes when she realizes her father is here. "Shit, shit, shit," she mutters, leaning into George. "We have to hide. What is he doing here?"
Apr 17, 2022 7:34 pm
"Geez I think you might have at that, George. Especially if Faye says so." Andy's eyes dart around looking for places to hide.
Apr 18, 2022 1:58 am
Em creeps up to the windows to see what she can see, peeking over the sills to look outside...
OOC:
Let me know if a roll is required. Also, yes, Q!
[ +- ] Hobbitseses
OOC:
New OOC! Rolled, failed. Was going to push and then realized... I think she's already upset. So knock off that last die, and let's go with the failure!
Last edited April 18, 2022 5:52 am

Rolls

Mind 4 + Comprehend 2 - (6d6)

(244124) = 17

KCC

Apr 18, 2022 2:52 am
Em looks outside in time to see a few more similarly dressed Bird Watchers arrive, though not all of them funnel inside the building. A few talk among themselves, while others watch the perimeter.
OOC:
Give me a comprehend.

Is everyone else going to try and hide?
Apr 18, 2022 3:39 am
OOC:
I think Andy will unless someone stops him.
Apr 18, 2022 3:55 am
OOC:
Faye will try to hide

Oh boy
Last edited April 18, 2022 3:55 am

Rolls

Faye Rogan: Sneak - (5D6)

(25122) = 12

Apr 18, 2022 2:34 pm
It's really hard to hide in a wheelchair, but George will try, too.

Rolls

Sneak - (2d6)

(56) = 11

Apr 18, 2022 2:56 pm
OOC:
right then...

Rolls

Andy Davis: Sneak - (5D6)

(36135) = 18

Apr 18, 2022 5:55 pm
OOC:
limpitty sneak

Rolls

Sneak-1 condition - (3D6)

(116) = 8

KCC

Apr 19, 2022 3:21 pm
Faye makes an involuntary sound at the thoughts of her estranged father stomping around just a few floors down. Her mind gets fuzzy and she knows she should hide. She… just can’t. Can’t move. She stands there while some of the others begin to hide.

Em can see that a few of the faces gathered in the area below look up at the sound that Faye makes. There’s a sense of not quite being sure if they heard that or not. None of them race inside the building, but you do see one raise a walkie talkie to his mouth and say something.

Andy and Jaden hunch down and fit themselves in amongst some of the office furniture, while Georgie awkwardly tries to position the wheelchair in a way that looks natural; and also hides his husky body. It clatters against the things filling the cubicle it’s in, as the young man maneuvers it around the small space.

And then Georgie hears whispers from a few feet away.

… hey… hey asshole… hey asshole…

A …’pssst’…

… hey jerk-off, that’s my chair you’re messing with…
Apr 23, 2022 4:04 pm
Jaden abruptly turns his head, only to meet the side of the drawers head-on. A hopefully not too loud thud and a few curses under his breath later, he turns wide-eyed to George, only to mouth inaudibly to George:
"What the creeping fuck man???"
Apr 23, 2022 4:44 pm
Faye is just standing right there, frozen in place, her eyes wide and her breathing approaching hyperventilation territory.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.