Part Three: Dammit Janet

load previous

KCC

Apr 2, 2022 1:48 am
KCC sent a note to Qralloq
Apr 2, 2022 1:58 am
"Who could possibly forget, George?" Andy nods at the birders and watches them go by.

Rolls

Andy Davis: Investigate - (4D6)

(3233) = 11

Apr 2, 2022 4:51 am
"Yes, and all the dead animals...", Faye replies.

Rolls

Faye Rogan: Investigate - (7D6)

(2332142) = 17

Apr 2, 2022 6:52 am
"Ugh... Such strange times... We had gone through quite an experience, hadn't we?"

Rolls

Jaden Jameson: Investigate - (7D6)

(5313353) = 23

Apr 2, 2022 2:02 pm
George points out to the others the other people he sees.
Quote:
As you continue up the trail and approach Pumping Plant 1, you’ll spot several more flashes of blue on the landscape. Always two people, trudging along with purpose.

Not once do you ever see a stationary pair. They all hold the same items, and you don’t ever see them make use of them.
Apr 2, 2022 2:06 pm
"Well, that's creepy," Faye comments. "Looks like some sort of private security. Whoever it is really doesn't want anyone to get to the Pumping Plant unnoticed, though I wonder why they don't stop us. Maybe it's time to get off the path and sneak through the bushes."
Apr 2, 2022 4:49 pm
"This is getting too familiar isn't it? The weird people, the sneaking around.. Like a single day hasn't passed..."
OOC:
adding a push roll. For an upset condition? A sprung ankle might seem reasonable as well.
Last edited April 5, 2022 8:46 am

Rolls

Jaden Jameson: Sneak - (4D6)

(2354) = 14

Jaden Jameson: Sneak pushing - (4D6)

(3134) = 11

Apr 2, 2022 8:46 pm
"It does sort of feel like deja-vu doesn't it?" In some respects, he'd rather things hadn't changed but he didn't plan on voicing that wish.

Something is fishy though. I can feel it, and don't tell me it's the weed talking because it isn't. I'm not high any longer."
Apr 3, 2022 4:24 pm
Em is beyond suspicious about the 'bird watchers,' and nods to the others when there's talk of things being familiar, creepy, and weird.

"It's like they're keeping tabs on who's out here without running them off. And those friendly smiles are just wrong." Her eyes linger on Andy for a moment when he says he's not high anymore, then she agrees with Rogan. "I'm with Faye. Let's get off the trail once those two are out of sight."

Rolls

Mind (4) + Investigate (1) - (5d6)

(26345) = 20

KCC

Apr 3, 2022 11:18 pm
OOC:
It looks like Jaden failed a sneak. It’s certainly been a while since we’ve needed to, but does anyone want to try alter the result? M

Add a d6. Or perhaps a push?

Just curious. If this sneak plan is indeed the way forward for the group!
Apr 4, 2022 11:06 am
Faye follows Jaden into sneaking in the bushes, hoping she's a bit quieter than he is...

Rolls

Faye Rogan: Sneak - (5D6)

(51611) = 14

Apr 4, 2022 1:00 pm
George goes into ninja sneak mode too, but he's probably not as good at it as he thinks.

Rolls

Body 2 Sneak 0 - (2d6)

(51) = 6

Apr 4, 2022 5:25 pm
OOC:
It's too late for Andy to push or help right? So he will sneak.
Andy gets behind Faye and follows her, hunching over and watching where his feet will fall to minimize his chances of making noise.

Rolls

Andy Davis: Sneak - (5D6)

(65412) = 18

Apr 4, 2022 6:07 pm
OOC:
You can still push your roll for another success that you can pass on. In fact, I'll do that. Maybe I can help one or more of the others to also not be detected.
Marking Upset
"Come on, can't you all just be a bit quieter!", Faye hisses at her friends. "Do you want to be discovered by whatever kind of creepy cult this is that's sending out the birdwatchers?"
She grabs George by the shoulder and pulls him deeper into the bushes when she notices his head poking out.
OOC:
I'll let Spud have the success
Last edited April 4, 2022 6:08 pm

Rolls

Faye Rogan: Sneak (Pushing) - (4D6)

(6115) = 13

Apr 5, 2022 12:39 am
Morgan gets low and follows behind as well, trying not to step on twigs, looking for a path that will let her go tree-to-tree as they move...
OOC:
So looks like we're all good except Jaden, who can push if he wants to?
Last edited April 5, 2022 12:40 am

Rolls

Move (3) + Stealth (1) - (4d6)

(1625) = 14

KCC

Apr 5, 2022 8:42 am
OOC:
Yep, we need Jaden to push.

Or well, you need Jaden to push. I’m fine if he doesn’t ;)

KCC

Apr 7, 2022 1:15 am
You break off the path, following Jaden as he navigates his way through the brush. As hard as it was to head towards the Pumping Plant while on the path, it’s twice as hard now.

You crawl further into the wood, keeping hunched low, for fear of spotting another blue jacket; or rather for fear of a blue jacket spotting you. It’s slow going, and deliberate. More than once, you stop moving and hold your breath. The crackle of walkie talkies and a shimmer of blue pass a ways off to your left. And then again later just up ahead. It makes you itch. It feels like they’re combing the woods, and you’re always barely out of reach.

The Pumping Plant looms larger now, and you feel like progress is being made.

"ANYONE GOT EYES? OVER!" it crackles, metallic through a walkie talkie. It sounds close. Just on the perimeter of the Pumping Plant. Faye stops and ushers the others to stop and wait. But too slow to grab Jaden before he steps out to cross into the Pumping Plant opening…

"NOTHING AT THE PLA… WAIT!" responds whoever is nearby.

Jaden steps into view, and is greeted with two Bird Watchers in the space between the trees and the building. A hand clutches the back of young man’s shirt, and yanks him back out of view. The group gets to him too late. He’s been spotted.

Jaden falls back as the others pull him to their hunching spot. He falls awkwardly, and pain blossoms in his ankle.

"PUMPING PLANT ONE. IVE GOT EYES!" gets sent over the radio.
OOC:
Break for the building? Fight? Retreat?
Apr 7, 2022 5:44 am
Em's brow is furrowed as she watches the "bird watchers" from behind cover... not that cover matters now that Jaden has been made.

"I think we should break for it," she says, standing up, rocking on her sneakers, getting ready to bolt. Then, with more confidence, the dark-haired girl bounces her eyebrows. "Fuck it. They know we're here. I'm going. Let's go!"
OOC:
Off she goes unless someone grabs her first, tells her they think Pearl Jam is better than Nirvana or otherwise prevents her from leaving.
Apr 7, 2022 3:06 pm
George runs too, after a quick glance at Faye as Andy who haven't been seen yet, following Em.
Apr 7, 2022 3:41 pm
When George runs out, Faye makes an unhappy face but then follows him. "Run!"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.