Part Three: Dammit Janet

load previous
Mar 27, 2022 6:37 pm
"Don't be silly. You're too much of a pessimist." Andy's head was starting to clear. Maybe it was all the fat from the sloppy joe that was presently roiling in his stomach.

"But if you want to be the one we chuck at them, let us know," he says, a mischievous glint in his eye.
Last edited March 27, 2022 6:37 pm
Mar 27, 2022 6:43 pm
"Uhm, excuse me?", Faye replies with a smile. The fact that Andy doesn't seem to take her worry serious at all helps dissipate it somewhat. "Ever heard of women and children first? I think if we're going to sacrifice someone, it has to be one of you boys." She gestures to Andy, George and Jaden. "But Jaden used to be a girl for a while. And George is George. So I guess you're out of luck."
Mar 27, 2022 8:37 pm
George laughs, his full stomach and general demeanor informing his own expectations. "Nah, it's going to be an epic party. The pump house is the pumping of the blood of those who are bouncing to the wicked beats!" He starts pumping his fist in the air, making a bass note boh, boh, boh noise.

KCC

Mar 29, 2022 2:41 am
You walk the trail for a while, swapping banter and taking in the nice breeze. It’s quiet out this way, save for the gentle hum of nature going about it’s business.

You’re still on land that Boulder has claimed as its own. The path is wide, and well set out. You haven’t yet reached the place where the local government gave up, and turned the trail over to nature; where human feet would have to stamp in its own trail.

Just as you do, as you reach the bollards that indicate that territorial line, there’s a figure in the road. You turn the corner around some shrubbery and there he is, standing in plain view, a bright orange high-vis vest and a clip board in hand.

He turns, suddenly startled by your coming on, and he smiles. He waves, as if you announce that he’s not a threat. And then steps into your path.

"Morning, folks!" cheerful.

"What brings you out this way?" he steps further up and into your way, throwing out his hand to one side and the clipboard to the other to stop you on the trail for a moment.
Mar 29, 2022 4:18 pm
"Hey, hey guys. Look!" Andy says in a low voice nodding towards the man in the orange vest. Andy was feeling just belligerent enough what with his high wearing off and his run-in with Em to find the man annoying, especially since the man's posture suggested they could go no further. Well, maybe he'd see about that.

As he approaches with a bit of a swagger he says, "Sightseeing. Enjoying the great outdoors."

KCC

Mar 30, 2022 4:13 am
"The great outdoors, eh? You and everyone else." the man gives a hearty chuckle, though it was doubtful that one was needed.

"Well, uh, we’re…" he indicates to the official looking badge hanging around his neck.

"… we’re just warning folk about possible gang activity out this way. Yessiree, we’ve heard tell of robberies going on. Violent attacks, too! It’s a dangerous place to be. Especially for a group of kids such as yourselves!" There’s a smile plastered to the round man’s face as he gives the warning.

"We’re on the look out, don’t your worry."

Should you worry or not worry? The smile doesn’t indicate either way.
Mar 30, 2022 5:00 am
"Thank you so much for your concern," Faye replies sweetly. She's not sure she trusts this guy. Something about him seems off to her. "But we'll be okay. We already decided who to throw to the wolves if something happens to us."

She tries to continue walking, testing if the man will actually stop them or leave it with just a warning.
Mar 30, 2022 5:27 am
Em carries on as well, walking with Rogan, hoping the man just lets them past. Andy and Faye handled it well enough -- better than Morgan would have, where she was about to tell the man they were looking for cigarettes, or drugs, or sex, or all three. Just to put him off-kilter. But maybe this lighter touch would work...
Last edited March 30, 2022 5:29 am
Mar 30, 2022 3:18 pm
"If we see trouble mister, we'll hightail it, but I suspect you're just hearing reports of people too embarrassed to tell anyone who really took their things, right?"
Mar 30, 2022 8:39 pm
Andy nudges George with an elbow. "He seemed kinda nervous, didn't he? Either that or he's up to no good." He carries on walking but turns his head around for a quick glance at the guy to make sure he isn't radioing anyone.

KCC

Mar 31, 2022 6:07 am
"Just doing my job, ma’am." he says with that same smile.

"Throw to the wolves?" he laughs that same chuckle. "No. No. I’m sure you’re all good, upstanding citizens."

Suggesting that if you weren’t, perhaps being thrown to wolves might be on the table?…

"Hearing lots of things, young fella. You all just watch yourself out here!"

For half a moment, you think he might try to stop you. And maybe he does… until he finally relents and steps out of your way. He waves you off, turning to watch you go.

Should you look back again…
OOC:
Anyone want to roll investigate?
Mar 31, 2022 6:18 am
OOC:
I can investigate well. Inwellstigate even

Rolls

Faye Rogan: Investigate - (7D6)

(1653566) = 32

KCC

Mar 31, 2022 6:29 am
OOC:
Just for that. You get nothing…

Joke.
The man stands there, and gives you one final wave as you crest the hill and go over the top.

As soon as he thinks you are out of sight, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out what appears to be a radio, and mutters into it. You’re too far to hear what he says, but as soon as the radio is back in his pocket, he abandons his position and slinks off into the wilderness, if you could even call it that yet.
Mar 31, 2022 6:34 am
"He alerted someone that we're coming!", Faye whispers loudly to the others. "We might be in trouble."
Mar 31, 2022 6:53 am
"Dude was weird," Morgan says, turning and peering after the man, trying to see where he went. "Faye's right -- we should hurry."

She steps up the pace and walks in silence for a moment, then adds, "Just what is going on in this town now? Things are freaky."
Mar 31, 2022 12:09 pm
"Things have always been freaky here," Faye says. "I mean, remember the Robin thing? It's why I came back."
Mar 31, 2022 2:45 pm
Andy turns bright red when Robin's name is mentioned and takes a few quick steps ahead of the group.

He balls his fists and wishes Faye had kept her trap shut. As if Em didnt have enough reason to hate him already, she has to be reminded of Robin.
Mar 31, 2022 8:29 pm
"They're going to try and touch our junk, I bet you anything." He looks at Andy and Em. "Probably not my junk, so no problem, right?"

KCC

Apr 2, 2022 1:36 am
You travel a little further into the woodland, and the terrain begins to take on a shape similar to what you remember of the summer camp all those years ago (and alllll those years ago too).

It’s quiet, save for the birds, and peaceful. You aim for the Pumping Plant, which peaks out, at times, amongst the trees. Brief glimpses, and the worn path are all there is to help you navigate through the woods. Still, it’s hard to feel too down about things out here. It’s calming…

And then there’s a kind of patter coming up behind you. In the trees, ever so slightly. It doesn’t take long for the noise to make its way closer, and you see two brilliant blue coats against the foliage. They keep coming, and Faye’s warning comes to mind again.

On they come, closer and closer, and then they’re are on the path not far behind you. Approaching. You can see their faces, and they yours. Binoculars hang around their necks, and they have a map in hand. The man carries a small white book with bold green letters on the cover.

Birds of North America.

"Morning!" they both say, as they march on by. They give you a friendly, wide smile as they pass, and continue on up the trail ahead.
OOC:
Investigate roll please! The more 6s the better!
Apr 2, 2022 1:41 am
George points to the sky as they walk. "Remember the cargo ship, crashing into the lake over and over? Such a strange time."

Rolls

Mind 4, Investigate 1 - (5d6)

(26532) = 18

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.