Part Three: Dammit Janet

load previous
Mar 6, 2022 12:09 pm
George fingers a spoon as if he might drop it on the floor, but doesn't and says, "Rosie, why would that haridan have any issue with Josh?" He was gong to offer suggestions, but couldn't find the right words. It's often taken badly to ask if someone is gay or on drugs, or reads the wrong sort of books.
Mar 7, 2022 5:25 am
Morgan eats her grilled cheese, listening to the conversation with interest. Her eyes narrow a little when the discussion turns to the churchwoman and her plans for the town.
Mar 7, 2022 6:59 am
Jaden raised an eyebrow hearing that Ms Churchy McCunty has been quite proactive in attempting to bring back the Dark Ages with her little witch hunt.

"Someone seems like missing the Inquisition..." said Jaden;

"Please, do continue. The more you can tell us, the better. Boulder is our hometown and like hell we're gonna leave it fall to this vulture's talons."
Mar 7, 2022 7:47 pm
Andy's head was a roiling turmoil. To make matters worse his thinking was sluggish. He regretted smoking now. Em was sending mixed signals. Her foot was still snaking its way up and down his calf. He was hungry but he wasn't. If she was teasing him with her foot it must mean she still liked him. Right?

He had simultaneous but opposite urges to get up and run, or stay seated and eat sloppy joes and puzzle out the crazy girl across from him.

As far as the conversation was going concerning Josh, all he heard were muffled voices in what seemed like a distant background.

KCC

Mar 8, 2022 8:25 am
"Not personally, no. Not that I know of. Morally, though… spiritually… yes, it sure as hell seemed like." she waits a minute before continuing, as if she was pumping herself up to tell you.

"Josh was caught up… more than once, mind… in some petty theft. Nothing big. A couple of CDs one time. Some smokes another. Cops didn’t give him too hard of a time over it, in truth. Probably deserved a scare, did Josh.

Well, I caught him with his hand in the register last weekend. Said he needed some money to pay some folks back. We…"
she sighs deep again.

"We fought. And I ain’t seen him since. Seems like word got around, and that harridan, as you put it, came round to squawk about it." she fixes herself again, and stands idling with the tray.

"Don’t know why I’m blabbing to all of yous about it. You’re about his age, I reckon. Where would you’d run off to to get out of trouble?"
Mar 13, 2022 6:15 pm
Her foot absently doing its thing, Em purposefully avoids looking at Andy and finishes a bite of her grilled cheese. "The Loop?" she asks the others. She's not up with the times, with the best places in town to hide out. "Is it shut down fully now? Probably lots of places to hide there, right?"

Higher, the girl's agile foot somehow climbs. To Andy's knee... to his inner thigh.
Mar 13, 2022 7:07 pm
"Pumping Plant One!", Faye whispers to George. "She said we'll find 'us' there. Maybe 'us' is some group that both Josh and Ellen belonged to. Someone that the Janet and the nutcases hate."

She then turns to Rosie and says in an apologetic tone: "Sorry, we have no idea. I'm new in town, actually. Can we... chat in private for a second?"
Mar 13, 2022 8:52 pm
George adds his thanks to Rosie, and says, "We'll have a look around for Josh. I'm sure he's fine. I do."
Last edited March 13, 2022 9:15 pm
Mar 13, 2022 9:30 pm
Em might not be looking at Andy, but Andy is now glaring daggers at her, the conversation among the others still not being registered by him. What's she playing at, this enigma of a girl, and doesn't she know that Andy is still stoned and his brain is like mush? How cruel and heartless women can be.

If he was to do some extrapolating, such familiarity with the foot would seem to suggest that other liberties might have been taken at an earlier time at her apartment. He thought about doing nothing. He thought about seeing her bluff through, but then that could become embarrassing pretty quickly. He decided to turn the tables.

"Uh ... Em? Why has your foot been steadily making its way up my leg for the past several minutes? Was there something you wanted to tell me?" But he instantly regretted it. Now she would become embarrassed and hate him forever, all chances at getting back whatever it was they might have had would be gone in a flash. So he started to laugh. "Just kidding. That was just wishful thinking on my part."

Quickly busying himself with a huge bite of his sloppy joe, he braces himself for whatever might come next.
Mar 13, 2022 10:30 pm
Jaden gave Andy an insistently raised eyebrow look as he waited for Rosie to give them some privacy.
As Rosie leaves them, he speaks up while he gives a still raised eyebrow side look at Em.

"Let's wrap it up. Seems like the plot thickens. Ready for some mystery-solving gang? Seems like our next stop will be the plant after all."
Mar 13, 2022 10:43 pm
Faye's eyes widen in a somewhat stronger surprise than Andy's statement should merit. She immediately moves to peek under the table to see what he's talking about.
Mar 14, 2022 12:05 am
"Oh," Em says flatly as Andy calls her out. She leaves her foot on the boy's leg for a moment -- long enough for Faye to see it -- then she removes it and slides it back into her sneaker. "Sorry. I thought you might like that. I guess I should have known better, huh?"

Getting up when he tries to downplay the whole thing, the teen grabs her bag, leaves three crumpled dollar bills on the table and heads for the door. "Jaden's right," she says over her shoulder, coldly. "We should go."
Mar 14, 2022 7:51 am
Faye blushes as she catches a glimpse of Em's foot still on Andy's thigh. She wordlessly throws money for her food on the table as well and then gets up to follow Em out with a small bit of distance.
Mar 15, 2022 12:28 am
George is oblivious to the footwork, of course, and pulls out a few ones from his pocket, then stuffs the two lighters and rolling papers back in. "Pumping Plant One. That really is an unfortunate name, unless it's a popular teen hangout!" He laughs, which fades into a murmur of, "Teen hang out. That's funny."
Mar 15, 2022 12:33 am
"Shut up George!" Andy is mortified at George's coarseness but really it's himself he's frustrated and disappointed with. He blew it ... again. Smooth Andy who always has the girls. Uh-uh, yeah no. Not at all.
Mar 15, 2022 1:17 am
He keeps laughing and muttering. "Pumping Plant One. I just got that. Ah, jeez, haha."
Mar 15, 2022 5:43 am
"You're the worst," Faye grins.

Once they have left the diner, she relays what she told George to everyone else, about the plant being a hideout for some group that both Josh and Ellen belonged to and that the relicious nutcases dislike.
Mar 16, 2022 9:51 pm
" I mean, whoa... Religious nutcrackers and a secret hating-them group with a hideout? What the heck happened to this place while we were away, right? We surely had our fair share of weird a few years back, but this is something else..."

Jaden fell silent for a bit, trailing off after his last remark.

KCC

Mar 26, 2022 5:03 am
Rosie leaves you with little more than an "Enjoy your food then" and a few glances over while you work through your meal. The Sloppy Joe’s are… well, just what you’d expect them to be, really. They certainly ain’t changed the recipe in all the years you’ve been coming here, that’s for sure.

You finish up, and shuffle out of the diner.

Pumping Plant One...

It’s a little ways outside of town. 30 minutes, as the bike rides. But you don’t do that anymore. Not really. A bus might be more fitting, and you find your way to one. The mystery meat sits heavy in your stomachs.

It’s a guessing game, deciding where it might be best to get off the bus to head towards the Pumping Plant. There were always rumors about it being up and running again. This group or that having taken it over and set it back up into operations. Whether that was the case or not didn’t really matter. At least not to the bus company, who had decided to place stops on either side of the thing, making you walk.

After 20 minutes or so on the bus, you hop off. You’ve left the urban landscape behind, for the most part. Things are a little more open here. You’ve a better chance seeing hikers or bird watchers here than almost anywhere else in Boulder City.

You find a path that cuts, to your best guess, up towards Pumping Plant 1, and set out.
OOC:
Giving space if anyone wants to chime in before we actually reach the plant proper!
Mar 26, 2022 5:44 am
"What are the odds that Ellen is in a gang and sending us to their base so we can get beaten and robbed there?", Faye asks. Her tone is light and jokey but there seems to be some worry in there. "And if so, who do we throw to the wolves so the rest can make their escape?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.