Chapter 2: Into the Mists

load previous
Oct 26, 2022 4:21 pm
Knobby states matter-of-factly, "I learned that the food here is really really good."
Oct 27, 2022 4:03 pm
Ezmerelda d'Avenir
"Half right," Ezme replies to Anton, "Vampires aren't really bothered by garlic, but a stake to the heart when they're in their coffin will paralyze them. I've killed more than a couple of vampires in my time."

She begins counting on her fingers to provide a list, "First, they can't enter a residence without an invitation. Second, being submerged in running water is like acid to them. Third, a stake to the heart. And finally, the greatest weakness is of course... sunlight."
Nov 1, 2022 5:10 pm
You set out shortly after, hoping to make it to Vallaki unmolested. The mist is thick this day, cutting off your view beyond 30 feet and muting the sound strangely. You can almost feel the malevolent will behind the mists as it reaches out to smother you.

Ahead in the mist, you see the vague outline of something in the road. Approaching closer, you can see that it's a small human corpse, though you can't tell much else from this distance.
Nov 2, 2022 3:09 am
Knobbenkirk slinks lower to the ground, hoping to draw less attention with his profile. "You think that's bait?" he whispers, peering through the mist in all directions.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Nov 2, 2022 8:41 am
Expect so! Oberron draws his sword and readies his shield
Nov 2, 2022 9:16 am
Anton spins out a couple of knives.

"I will have a look, yes?"

He creeps over to take a look. This time he remembers not to whistle as he stealthily moves towards the corpse - he hums instead.
Last edited November 2, 2022 9:16 am

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+7)

(2) + 7 = 9

Nov 2, 2022 6:09 pm
Valyria stays close behind Anton, again not visibly worried about her stealth, or lack thereof. She moves as if she were hunting. She attempts to remain quiet as she moves, but she does not concern herself if she does not. Fate is fate.

Rolls

Stealth - (d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

You do not have permission to post in this thread.