D&D 5e Child Beyond The Witchlight *Closed*

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 23, 2021 3:22 pm
Amazing We Have Interest! So now a Recruitment Thread! Please make sure to apply properly.
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/twbtw/JtUXxjur9QWtb7E3/00-012.witchlight-carnival-ticket.png

"Welcome Kids! To The Witchlight Carnival"

This Dungeons & Dragons adventure begins in a world of your choosing then ventures into the Feywild. Also known as the Plane of Faerie, the Feywild is a place of wonder and whimsy ruled by unfettered emotion.

The Witchlight Carnival is a fairground of kaleidoscopic tents and wagons crewed by wondrous beings, including many denizens of the Feywild. This is no ordinary carnival; it uses magic to travel from world to world across the Material Plane, visiting each world once every eight years and setting up business on the outskirts of populated areas. The carnival spends a few days at each location, then packs up and moves to another location on the same world until the decision is made to leave that world and visit the next.

Exited you all head for the carnival, this will be a first for some of you but maybe others went before without a ticket. the carnival already there when the rest of you arrive, you all have several things in common though you wanted to go to the witchlight carnival so you went alone without your parents.

Eventually you decide you want to leave the carnival but it's too late, you can't go home so you venture into the feywild.

The Feywild, also called the Plane of Faerie, is a land of soft lights and wonder, a place of music and death. It is a realm of everlasting twilight, with glittering faerie lights bobbing in the gentle breeze and fat fireflies buzzing through groves and fields. The sky is alight with the faded colors of an ever-setting sun, which never truly sets (or rises for that matter); it remains stationary, dusky and low in the sky. Away from the settled areas ruled by the seelie fey that compose the Summer Court, the land is a tangle of sharp-toothed brambles and syrupy fens — perfect territory for the unseelie fey to hunt their
https://d1vzi28wh99zvq.cloudfront.net/images/4846/_product_images/106605/Hero_Kids_-_Hero_Line-Up_-_Color_-_Heroes_I_-_1080x365.png
Rules
Age: you will be playing Children/Teenagers from about 10-18 in human years.

Level: 1st

Stats: You may roll 4d6 drop lowest, Or take point buy, (Standard Array Can be bought with point buy)

Races: All (May be limited by setting)

Classes: All (May be limited by setting)

Starting Equipment: you gain the following equipment In addition to that granted by your background.
(a) a dagger (b) 30 feet hempen rope
(a) Arcane Focus (b) Simple Weapon
(a) Leather Armor (b) Scholars Pack

Missing Something: If you wish your character may have gone to the Witchlight Carnival previously without purchasing a ticket, those characters will be missing something Important to them, such as there smile, or there ability to write.
You all knew each other before the carnival if that was from going to the same school or actually being friends, you feel drawn together when by necessity you all venture into the feywild.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: None

How to Apply: I DO NOT WANT an already made character concept, as character creation will be had entirely in the forum, Instead I want you to be both open to change and ready to work with others while building your character. I have a few thing that I want to know though.
1: What Official Setting do you wish the adventurers to start in? (This decision will ultimately come down to the players, as it nearly only effects character creation)
2: Rank the Pillars of Play: Exploration, Combat, Role Playing?
3: What do you expect from The Wild Beyond The Witchlight?

Game Fourms: Here
Game Page: Here

DISCLAIMER: DARE TO TAKE A STEP INTO THE DARK BACKWARD AND ABYSM OF TIME? KNOW THAT WIZARDS OF THE COAST CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO ENTER THE FEYWILD OF THEIR OWN ACCORD. IN THE FAERIE REALM, TIME GETS TWISTED IN KNOTS. IT MIGHT BE MONTHS OR YEARS BEFORE YOU RETURN TO THE REAL WORLD. ENJOY THE ADVENTURE WHILE IT LASTS, AND DON’T BE SURPRISED IF YOU ENCOUNTER A FEW FRIENDS AND FOES FROM OLD EDITIONS LURKING AMONG THE FEY.
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/twbtw/JtUXxjur9QWtb7E3/03-003.owlbear.png
Last edited September 28, 2021 5:05 pm
Sep 23, 2021 3:28 pm
That sounds like a fun twist. I imagine a 16 year old Hexblood I think that linage belongs in Van Richten's guide to Ravenloft. There is a strong Hag and fairytale component to this "race".
This one would have a strong desire to "belong" as it was abandoned in its early years. I see her to be a very young druid. Not as much druid trained but a manifestation of nature magic.
Last edited September 23, 2021 4:13 pm
Sep 23, 2021 3:55 pm
That's a actually pretty clever. I'm getting a Pied Piper of Hamlin vibe. Or Pinocchio being lured to that place where he grows donkey ears.
Sep 24, 2021 7:42 am
It sounds like an SCP entry...

but sounds kinda interesting ^^
Sep 24, 2021 11:13 am
Hmm, I posted a child idea in @Len’s witchlight game, maybe it should have been here instead.
Sep 24, 2021 12:29 pm
Amazing We Have Interest! So now a Recruitment Thread! Please make sure to apply properly.
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/twbtw/JtUXxjur9QWtb7E3/00-012.witchlight-carnival-ticket.png

"Welcome Kids! To The Witchlight Carnival"

This Dungeons & Dragons adventure begins in Ebberon then ventures into the Feywild. Also known as the Plane of Faerie, the Feywild is a place of wonder and whimsy ruled by unfettered emotion.

The Witchlight Carnival is a fairground of kaleidoscopic tents and wagons crewed by wondrous beings, including many denizens of the Feywild. This is no ordinary carnival; it uses magic to travel from world to world across the Material Plane, visiting each world once every eight years and setting up business on the outskirts of populated areas. The carnival spends a few days at each location, then packs up and moves to another location on the same world until the decision is made to leave that world and visit the next.

Exited you all head for the carnival, this will be a first for some of you but maybe others went before without a ticket. the carnival already there when the rest of you arrive, you all have several things in common though you wanted to go to the witchlight carnival so you went alone without your parents.

Eventually you decide you want to leave the carnival but it's too late, you can't go home so you venture into the feywild.

The Feywild, also called the Plane of Faerie, is a land of soft lights and wonder, a place of music and death. It is a realm of everlasting twilight, with glittering faerie lights bobbing in the gentle breeze and fat fireflies buzzing through groves and fields. The sky is alight with the faded colors of an ever-setting sun, which never truly sets (or rises for that matter); it remains stationary, dusky and low in the sky. Away from the settled areas ruled by the seelie fey that compose the Summer Court, the land is a tangle of sharp-toothed brambles and syrupy fens — perfect territory for the unseelie fey to hunt their
https://d1vzi28wh99zvq.cloudfront.net/images/4846/_product_images/106605/Hero_Kids_-_Hero_Line-Up_-_Color_-_Heroes_I_-_1080x365.png
Rules
Age: you will be playing Children/Teenagers from about 10-18 in human years.

Level: 1st

Stats: You may roll 4d6 drop lowest, Or take point buy, (Standard Array Can be bought with point buy)

Races: All (May be limited by setting)

Classes: All (May be limited by setting)

Starting Equipment: you gain the following equipment In addition to that granted by your background.
(a) a dagger (b) 30 feet hempen rope
(a) Arcane Focus (b) Simple Weapon
(a) Leather Armor (b) Scholars Pack

Missing Something: If you wish your character may have gone to the Witchlight Carnival previously without purchasing a ticket, those characters will be missing something Important to them, such as there smile, or there ability to write.
You all knew each other before the carnival if that was from going to the same school or actually being friends, you feel drawn together when by necessity you all venture into the feywild.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: None

How to Apply: I DO NOT WANT an already made character concept, as character creation will be had entirely in the forum, Instead I want you to be both open to change and ready to work with others while building your character. I have a few thing that I want to know though.
1: What Official Setting do you wish the adventurers to start in? (This decision will ultimately come down to the players, as it nearly only effects character creation)

Game Fourms: Here
Game Page: Here

DISCLAIMER: DARE TO TAKE A STEP INTO THE DARK BACKWARD AND ABYSM OF TIME? KNOW THAT WIZARDS OF THE COAST CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO ENTER THE FEYWILD OF THEIR OWN ACCORD. IN THE FAERIE REALM, TIME GETS TWISTED IN KNOTS. IT MIGHT BE MONTHS OR YEARS BEFORE YOU RETURN TO THE REAL WORLD. ENJOY THE ADVENTURE WHILE IT LASTS, AND DON’T BE SURPRISED IF YOU ENCOUNTER A FEW FRIENDS AND FOES FROM OLD EDITIONS LURKING AMONG THE FEY.
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/twbtw/JtUXxjur9QWtb7E3/03-003.owlbear.png
Last edited October 25, 2021 1:48 pm
Sep 24, 2021 5:23 pm
runekyndig says:
That sounds like a fun twist. I imagine a 16 year old Hexblood I think that linage belongs in Van Richten's guide to Ravenloft. There is a strong Hag and fairytale component to this "race".
This one would have a strong desire to "belong" as it was abandoned in its early years. I see her to be a very young druid. Not as much druid trained but a manifestation of nature magic.
This young girl just hit puberty and some of her Hexblood traits are starting to show. She was mocked and bullied among her friends, so she wanted to run away or join the circus. She is friends with the rest of the group, she might even have convinced them to come visit the Witchlight canival
Last edited September 24, 2021 5:26 pm
Sep 24, 2021 7:47 pm
runekyndig says:
runekyndig says:
This young girl just hit puberty and some of her Hexblood traits are starting to show. She was mocked and bullied among her friends, so she wanted to run away or join the circus. She is friends with the rest of the group, she might even have convinced them to come visit the Witchlight canival
Sep 24, 2021 8:15 pm
I really like the idea of being a fay changeling, a child that was switched with fay chield. She could have grown up in any rual area and it would still work. So:
1: Any setting works for me

2: Role Play / Exploration / Combat

3: I expect to enjoy the joys and wonders of the fay wild. I am also looking forward to a game that is not focused on combat

https://i.imgur.com/fH1iQik.png
(first avatar draft)
Last edited September 25, 2021 3:20 pm
Sep 25, 2021 1:56 am
1) Seems like any setting would do since it serves as a starting point, I am most engrossed in Eberron. The potential links between Thelanis and the mourning are in the back of my mind.

2) RP/exploration/combat (especially here on PbP)

3) Exploring the feywild, becoming part of a fairy tale. Causing a bit of chaos.
Sep 27, 2021 5:51 am
Is the post rate correct on the game page?

(5 post per day)
Sep 27, 2021 1:18 pm
Mathfuric says:
Is the post rate correct on the game page?

(5 post per day)
No (5 Per Week) 🤣
Sep 27, 2021 2:45 pm
I was working out in the home gym, getting ready for 5 per day. Dumbbells, pushups, key smashing. My fingers are sore now for nothing?
Sep 27, 2021 3:02 pm
XOSkel10 says:
I was working out in the home gym, getting ready for 5 per day. Dumbbells, pushups, key smashing. My fingers are sore now for nothing?
you could write more in every single game your in start or start running more games, I'm sure you could fit another 4 posts in somewhere ;)
Sep 27, 2021 6:28 pm
Hello, if I am new to ttrpgs, would this be a good game to start with? If not, that's understandable!
Sep 27, 2021 11:06 pm
Notthedarkweb says:
Hello, if I am new to ttrpgs, would this be a good game to start with? If not, that's understandable!
I think I could help you learn the game and D&D 5e has a SRD so you don't need to buy anything, As well Wild Beyond The Witchlight is low combat so not as many rolls and the start of the adventure will help you learn the game, If your Interested you are welcome to join.
Sep 28, 2021 2:00 am
KoldikSteelskin says:
Notthedarkweb says:
I think I could help you learn the game and D&D 5e has a SRD so you don't need to buy anything, As well Wild Beyond The Witchlight is low combat so not as many rolls and the start of the adventure will help you learn the game, If your Interested you are welcome to join.
Thanks so much! I'll take a read of the document, and apply to the game, if you dont mind!
Sep 28, 2021 2:04 am
Ans. All the settings look cool to me! (Eberron does look extra-cool though!)

(Idk much since I havent played anything yet but RP > Exploration > Combat?)

A learning experience! But more importantly, just some fun.
Sep 28, 2021 4:05 am
Notthedarkweb says:
Welcome, this could be a good learning experience, but know that play by post will take a long time. I'm not saying it to discourage you, but to let you know that a campaign like this might take 1 or 2 years to complete
Not long ago I completed a small dungeon exploration and one combat encounter (4 or 5 rounds) and that took us a month.
But with that out of the way, I hope to be chosen to play along with you in this game
Sep 28, 2021 12:27 pm
An update for those patiently Waiting For a Place in this game, I'm currently awaiting the reply of two people via private message, before I make the final decision for who will make it into this game.
If you've been meaning to respond to these questions but simply haven't gotten around to it yet This Is Your Last Chance!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.