Fun Couch Co-Op Games

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 27, 2021 7:25 pm
Do any of you know of any hidden-gem Couch Co-Op Games for PS4 or Nintendo Switch?

My gf and I have played and enjoyed Divinity: Original Sin 2, For the King, Don't Starve Together, Overcooked, and even a little Diablo 3.

Anything else out there worth a flip?
Sep 27, 2021 7:37 pm
If you're into older games, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance has recently been ported to both of those systems.
Sep 27, 2021 8:23 pm
Generally I play on PC these days, but I always keep my ear to the ground for couch co-op stuff.

Overcooked 2 is supposed to be really good, and Super Mario 3D world I've heard very good things about. I don't know if the first Divinity: Original Sin game is on Switch/PS4, but it's definitely worth a playthrough. Broforce, Cuphead, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Monaco, and Castle Crashers are either games I've played or have heard about being good. I can't remember if it's on Switch, but Keep Talking and No One Explodes is a fantastic couch co-op experience, made even better with more people. Oh, and Mario Kart 8 is on the edge of co-op, but it's too fun not to mention.

I'm sure there's more, but as I mentioned, I usually pay attention to PC games.
Sep 27, 2021 9:03 pm
Is Affordable Space Adventures on switch? if so, then play that one :)
Sep 27, 2021 11:24 pm
I can vouch for Overcooked, Overcooked 2 and their DLC additions as being fun, exciting and hilarious. A hearty 2nd to Skeptical_Stun's recommendation.
Sep 28, 2021 8:54 am
I think its hard to go wrong with most of the Lego games. They're really fun, solid split-screen co-op games.

I've also played some Borderlands with my wife, and a cool twin stick shooter called Helldivers.

I haven't played it, but everyone recently has been raving about It Takes Two.
Sep 28, 2021 9:01 am
Overcooked and Overcooked 2 are great family fun! Looking forward to the 3rd installment.

Moving Out is a little more madcap but also fun.
Sep 28, 2021 3:29 pm
Couch co-op is one of my favorite ways to play video games. I've got a pile of Switch games I've bought on various sales... and not yet tried. :|

BUT! I don't see Children of Morta on your list, and it's awesome. Highly recommended.

(Also +1 for Helldivers. And I'd recommend the Earth Defense Force games for the PS4.)
Dec 28, 2023 1:53 am
Carabas says:
If you're into older games, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance has recently been ported to both of those systems.
Heh. This is the first game I think of whenever someone mentions "couch co-op," even though I've played dozens.
Dec 28, 2023 3:39 am
Outward is an amazing open world rpg that can do split screen co-op on a single monitor and has multiple controller support. Its pretty unforgiving but when you get good its a great adventure.
Last edited December 28, 2023 3:42 am
Dec 28, 2023 4:03 am
I second Jabes rec of Overcooked. But we’re both chefs, so there’s that
Mar 27, 2024 2:12 am
My family has been playing Minecraft Dungeons.
Simple Diablo like game.
4 person Couch Co-Op.
Great for kids.
Xp and Gems are shared.
You can gift each other items.
Fun game. Wish I had more like it.
Mar 27, 2024 3:08 am
Untitled Goose Game and Katamari Damacy are fun and maybe a little subversive? Especially when you cause much greater chaos together.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.