Aloha!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 27, 2021 10:21 pm
Hello, world! Pepper here. I'm a looooong time player who's been out of the game for a few years. Looking to get back in it, and stumbled upon this little gem. Interested in a variety of RP styles and genres, but I'm most comfortable with games that have a fantasy-inspired setting and require at least a few sentences in posts. My experience is mostly all in free-form/collaborative storytelling RPs (i.e. no dice/stats/sheets, etc.), but I'm open and willing to try anything that's thrown my way! I'm also pretty much an open book, so feel free to ask me anything.

*puts out a plate of cookies*
Sep 27, 2021 10:29 pm
Welcome!
Sep 27, 2021 10:58 pm
Hey there, greetings, and salutations! Glad to have you with us.

What kind of cookies are we talking here, anyway? The gold standard of chocolate chip, or some travesty with carrots in it, or some obscure eastern European thing that's covered in star anise or something?
Sep 27, 2021 11:02 pm
Welcome Poetscreamer!
Sep 27, 2021 11:06 pm
Welcome, Pepper. Sounds like you'd be a great fit for a variety of rules light systems we see get played here. Narrative over numbers.
Sep 27, 2021 11:19 pm
Welcome aboard! Rules lite, collaborative storytelling has a great player base here. It shouldn't take long to find something to pique your interests. There should be a slew of useful links incoming shortly.
Check out the GP Discord, if you're into that. GP has a great community and you're a welcome part of it.
Last edited September 27, 2021 11:20 pm
Sep 27, 2021 11:54 pm
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! I'm super excited to be here and to get my muse flowing again in writing. For anyone else that peeks in, I do have some limited experience playing tabletop D&D, so I do get the concept of playing within the rules of a game system, I just haven't played any within a PBP environment. I'm also not familiar with a lot of the systems that are out there, so odds are I'll have to educate myself on those rules if they're not readily available.
skeptical_stun says:
What kind of cookies are we talking here, anyway? The gold standard of chocolate chip, or some travesty with carrots in it, or some obscure eastern European thing that's covered in star anise or something?
Honestly, I've been in this kick for chocolate chip but with a fudge center (Hershey fudge filled Chewy Chips Ahoy are mini miracles). Apparently, I haven't been satisfying my chocolate fix lately. As for what your cookies are (*taps chin*), they're Halloween sugar cookies decorated by my kids. They love coloring the pumpkin and ghost ones.
Sep 27, 2021 11:57 pm
poeticscreamer says:
As for what your cookies are (*taps chin*), they're Halloween sugar cookies decorated by my kids. They love coloring the pumpkin and ghost ones.
HECK YEAH. I hope there's one that's an absolute mess, obviously decorated by someone who can even pronounce "pumpkin" correctly. Those are the best.
Sep 28, 2021 12:02 am
Hello and welcome!
Sep 28, 2021 12:04 am
Welcome!
Sep 28, 2021 1:32 am
COOKIES!

Welcome to GP, Pepper / poeticscreamer. Hope to see you around in some narrative-style games!
Sep 28, 2021 2:29 am
Welcome! Happy to have you with us. Hope you can find a game soon.
Sep 28, 2021 3:34 am
Seriously, though. Cookies.
Sep 28, 2021 4:40 am
Welcome aboard
Sep 28, 2021 4:43 am
Welcome, Pepper!

I only discovered most systems I'm playing these days through Gamers Plane myself. Most games on here are open to people who aren't familiar with the rules and many GMs are open to teaching new users! I'm sure you'll find something quickly.

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Sep 28, 2021 6:49 am
Hello and welcome. I've brought milk to share.
Sep 28, 2021 7:03 am
Welcome to the community, @Pepper!

Mmmm... cookies! In addition to the gaming and game-talk, I invite you to the #foodtastic subchannel on the GamersPlane Discord server!

I'll have some of that milk too, @Natural_Causes! Thanks!
Sep 28, 2021 11:18 am
poeticscreamer says:
... limited experience playing tabletop D&D ... not familiar with a lot of the systems that are out there, so odds are I'll have to educate myself on those rules if they're not readily available...
That is a common situation for many coming here. D&D is popular, so you should easily be able to find games using that so you can focus on learning the PbP differences. There are other systems that are considered easier in PbP, but you can look into learning them as the need arises.

Many groups are more than happy to teach what is needed, and the GP community in general is happy to answer questions, so don't hesitate to ask.
Sep 28, 2021 11:23 am
Welcome, 🌶 Hope you find some fun games to get into soon!

Len

Sep 29, 2021 12:03 am
Pepper, welcome to the community! Looking forward to gaming with you ☺️

You do not have permission to post in this thread.