Recruitment: The Dead Are Coming [Closed]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 28, 2021 5:58 am
https://cf.geekdo-images.com/DrtjDY_s15K6WVIpX_Kh2w__opengraph/img/jz9mZha3ougl0N5EIuTdfyF9fWQ=/fit-in/1200x630/filters:strip_icc()/pic5961421.jpg

Hello, Gamersplane gamers. I originally pitched a few ideas for a short-form game a few months back and got some interest, so here I am recruiting for the real deal. This is for Diogo Nogueira's The Dead Are Coming, one of the games in his recent trilogy of Into the Odd-powered zine-games.

So what's this game about? Read on to find out.

Concept: A nouveau-OSR Zombie Apocalypse Survival Game. Play a desperate survivor in a post-apocalyptic world where zombies are a real thing that won't stop until they devour your flesh. Secure a refuge, stock it with food, water, and other resources... try to keep other survivors from taking it from you. Expect combat, resource management, tense exploration, and lots of juicy roleplaying scenes.

Aim: Play a fairly short arc with randomly generated survivors. 2-5 players will help me learn and test-drive the system and see if we dig it.

Tone: Dark, gritty, scary. Some dark humor, but generally serious and full of difficult choices.

Subject Matter: Mature themes aplenty. Terror and violence and gore; all the usual nastiness. Zombies being terrible to humans, humans being terrible to zombies, humans being terrible to humans. Foul language, adult situations. Hard R rating.

Touchstones: Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, The Girl With All the Gifts, Train to Busan, World War Z.

System: d20 roll-under, based on Chris McDowall's brilliant Into the Odd, a fast-playing, rules-light OSR system that emphasizes smart play from the players, and streamlined but deadly combat. You don't need to know it or own it (I'll teach it), but I high recommend both games.

Safety Tools: X-Card, Lines & Veils

Game Duration: A Few Months

Ideal Post Rate: Once per Day

Inclusivity: This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.
Note that I don't have the game up yet, and recruitment-wise it won't be first come first serve. If you're interested, please express that here in this thread, let us know why, and what you're hoping to get from the game. Depending on interest, I'm looking to move pretty quickly, potentially firing up the game and character generation on the weekend.
Last edited October 3, 2021 4:01 pm
Sep 28, 2021 11:21 am
Finally! xD. What am I hoping to get from the game? You already know I'm a fan of the theme and enjoy trying new systems. I hope to get scared and possibly dead with a little humor along the way. I'm interested!

I like the game duration length and I'll stick to the posting schedule.

KCC

Sep 28, 2021 12:09 pm
I’ve had this PDF in the folder for a while now, looking to try it out! I hope to meet a grisly end at the hands of the zeeks/zombies/walkers/meat bags. Whatever it is that they are, I want to go out swinging! :Dv
Sep 28, 2021 3:51 pm
If you can't fill this game up, I'll join! But give other people priority since I already have a bunch of games and this isn't 100% my type of game. But I think I could have a bunch of fun with it. I've been in a couple of fun zombie games on here before.
Sep 28, 2021 5:07 pm
Roger that, bowl, would be great to have you. We'll see who else pitches their hat.
Sep 28, 2021 5:22 pm
Quote:
Touchstones: Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, The Girl With All the Gifts, Train to Busan, World War Z.
Not an application, but a recommendation to check out this Korean film:
Sep 28, 2021 5:30 pm
Add me to the list of tentatively interested. I've never played the system but love the genre. I ran a Red Markets game on here a while back.

Just a little wary of jumping in to too many games before the first ones have really gotten off the ground and end up over committed.
Sep 28, 2021 7:14 pm
Thanks for the recommendation, jabes, and for the interest, WarDomo. We'll see who all ends up applying and we'll make some decisions about our tentatives.
Sep 29, 2021 6:01 am
I love a zombie survival, throw me on the list please.
Oct 1, 2021 5:06 am
Right, ringing the bell one last time, then will be tallying things up, sending out invites, etc. Those of you who marked tentative -- you still interested?
Oct 1, 2021 5:09 am
If it's a sheep bell you're ringing, we might attract antiproduct

KCC

Oct 1, 2021 1:59 pm
Let’s do it!
Oct 1, 2021 4:15 pm
I'd also still be interested. Missed that question originally 😄
Oct 1, 2021 8:42 pm
KCC, Windyridge, bowlofspinach, WarDomo, Mathfuric -- welcome to the zombie apocalypse.

Planning to have the game up on Sunday (Mountain Time, often GMT-7), so be on the lookout for invites and such then. BTW, this game has full-on random PC generation, so you can just use that once we get rolling, you can roll twice on the tables and choose the better suited results, you can pick from the lists, or just do your own thing within the same scheme. For obvious reasons, don't get too attached to your PC at the outset. =]
Oct 2, 2021 5:06 am
I love my character already and if they die, I'll have Adam delete Gamersplane
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.