TftF Character Creation & Setup

load previous
Oct 16, 2021 5:17 pm
I'm okay with the game being public :)
Oct 16, 2021 5:26 pm
Quote:
Still missing one girl now.
Everyone has submitted a characetr now, though. That's fine as is.

I think we're about ready to start then...
Oct 16, 2021 6:15 pm
public is fine for me too
Oct 16, 2021 7:25 pm
I don't think I have a problem with public. That just means anyone with access to the site can read, but not write on the game forums, correct?
Oct 16, 2021 9:11 pm
Yup, exactly. People who want will be able to read but only the players who are in the game will be able to post
Oct 16, 2021 9:35 pm
Seems fine to me then. Out of curiosity do a lot of people read other people's games?
Oct 16, 2021 9:36 pm
I don't think really yet but once Adam's front page update drops, it'll probably get more common, as public games will be come more visible
Oct 16, 2021 9:40 pm
Huh. Is there a reason why people want public games? Have people in the community asked for this feature?
Oct 16, 2021 9:46 pm
It was originally a more prominent part of the site but that caused some technical problems and was therefore removed at some point. So it is part of how the site is "supposed" to work. It also just allows for more interactivity if users can have some looks at what other people are playing. And it lets you see some new games and systems.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of public games 😄
Oct 17, 2021 1:28 am
bowlofspinach says:
I think we're about ready to start then...
Oh good. I'm excited!
Oct 17, 2021 1:37 am
Natural_Causes sent a note to bowlofspinach
Oct 17, 2021 1:01 pm
I find public games really useful to catch a glimpse of the gaming styles of different GMs. It helps deciding whether or not their next game with openings might be something I'd enjoy.
Oct 17, 2021 3:14 pm
Dr_B says:
It helps deciding whether or not their next game with openings might be something I'd enjoy.
I've never thought of that but that's a great idea! It should be encouraged to link past public games in interest checks to give potential players an idea.
Oct 17, 2021 5:13 pm
I agree 100% - as part of the interest or recruitment thread, a GM being able to link to a couple prior public games to give a 'sample' wouldn't be unwelcome by most people I would think
Oct 17, 2021 6:25 pm
Works the other way too, I guess. As a GM, when looking through applicants for your game. Public games could give you a sense of the various applicants' styles of gaming.
Last edited October 17, 2021 6:26 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.